Temporal discontinuity

Any tech issues can be posted here.
Migam

Temporal discontinuity

Post by Migam »

I really wish there was never a change to stop free accounts from picking up items tagged like this. Many use free accounts to locker because if you've played long enough, there are never enough lockers because there are items, like my 1st def hally, I don't want to get rid of. Some also separate items by crit that have names relate to what they locker.

I have brew flowers stuck in locker and it's not that I can't replace them, it's that I can't add more because I can't take em out. The change to restrict cob items came as a surprise... so did have 14 cheques lockered now stuck. That can be replaced too but it seems pointless they can't be picked up or moved around by a crit that can't bene from it. I'm at the point that I'm not sure what else will be "discontinuitized" and lost. And I don't want to pay $5 to raid these lockers, set em free and never can use em again free (I like the account names, go figure).

What would be great is some kind of option to make an account a permanent locker account, $1 a month or $20 lifetime, that has a builtin 4 tps for Nork, VT and both thief lockers. They can have no other function like cc, etc and can't move, only trade enable, pick up, drop, etc. I can't pay for GH or Plat on a regular basis but this I can pay for what is a useless gaming account but valuable for storage, as they have been for years. If it's an issue of charging $1 and paying CC fees, you could make it only accept buddy pay and you can lock em so I pay if I use them. I'm not saying stop free accounts from being locker accounts, I'm saying have the option for a new type of account to hold what they cannot.
Starfire: There are two wolves fighting in each man's heart. One is Love, the other is Hate.
Ghost: Which one wins?
Starfire: The one you feed the most.
---Pathfinder

Tirith
Title: The Raging Darge

Re: Temporal discontinuity

Post by Tirith »

Or this "feature" could just be removed, not sure what the point of it is. Surely whatever the problem is, may have an alternate solution. Such as untied gear from cob/nl. Just give it a lvl requirement. All cob items have a minimum lvl 20 restriction in nork. So give NL items a lvl 30 or 50 restriction, whatever you deem appropriate. Its a minor nuisance but like one friend of mine has used locker accts for 20+ years, and has some really old items that cant be replaced stuck on free accounts now. Just remove it. What will it break?

And also stat pots having to be drank in the alt they came from. get rid of that too. it's lame.

Alvar

Post by Alvar »

+1 on the $1/mo locker account idea, Migam

Although, if Brad does go that route, I would rather he just added another guild hall like room full of lockers so you can use your main(s) without a locker account. Perhaps use the sw portal in nork portal room, as well as south portal in lgh to access. If the tech allows, maybe a perma-hex that only your account can access.

Brenem

Post by Brenem »

I like the idea of more lockers on main account. Something like the lower guild hall, but just locker room. Maybe cost $1 a month more for it.
I would pay that for the lockers.
Also, maybe a NPC to hold more twigs. I don't have a need, but can see where others may.

Rathe

Post by Rathe »

Ah, i remember guildhalls with Perm Hexes fondly... so much junk :)

nunnbt473

Post by nunnbt473 »

I have seen this problem on countless games and it has been an issue in drakkar since the beginning. Locker space. Many people make entire accounts just for this problem. When that starts happening it tells you that you need a new implemention of storage for player items. The only logical thing would be to add more lockers or expanding the existing ones. The only question at that point is are they limited or not, and does this come with a RL or ingame cost.

Going back to the cheques. I actually had to have one remade to use it on my free account. I'm honestly not entirely sure what the goal of this 'scenario item lock' was, but it has definitely had collateral damage to paying players who are easily of size to be venturing in the dungeons they travel in.
----------
Just say no to fate cards.