BATTY

Any tech issues can be posted here.
Martialarts

BATTY

Post by Martialarts »

OK i read topics saw folks talking about bat wings bloods. in 3 days hunting at least 5 hours per day i got 1 blood and 4 bat wings and not one dang bit of it was fun. Wake up driving folks into insanity because of a drop rate that makes no sense at all. More over the fact Your never going to get folks lvl 55-60 to get the things just to had if a lvl 78/40 ma and thief and healer have issues doing it what do you think your doing helping folks? Are you just insane Now i am NOT saying to make it easy at all but I think the drop rate needs to be at least double the current if not tripled.

Just because someone thinks it fun is because they are high enough to do it solo. This is not the case for those under 70 at all moreover the fact they need to kill off bogwitches to get packets to progress is just not very real when you cannot live there with 2 or 3 folks. Not many healers in the game at that anymore. Time for a real change and a positive imporvemment. Lets stop bashing folks and start gaining real gamers. This is one way to loose folks for sure a real stumbling block.. MA is talking are you hearing
:P :mrgreen: :oops:
The MA
DEATH IS SWEET

King

Re: BATTY

Post by King »

I dont think the drop rate needs to be increased at all. I think what needs to be tweaked is the difficulty of bogs. It was fine during the earlier days when there were actual groups of people that could do things. Now though most newer people who are comming through either have to solo or end up getting carried by a much larger player. Take away shred from either bats or intestinoids and should help smaller people to be able to advance without relying on someone else. But, yes bog is incredibly rough for someone who isnt a barb at this point, otherwards you are just chugging IH's and hoping you dont get paralyzed and destroyed by shred/lance.

Martialarts

Post by Martialarts »

Because you hunt bogs a lot you know about bat wings that you gather the rate for healers is terrable the rate for an ma is better. i used healer in 3 days killed 1,223 bats got 4 wings total on healer. 68 bats on ma got 3. Seems maybe you could count your rate on that barb. I am a noob only been around since last week:P
The MA
DEATH IS SWEET

King

Post by King »

Yes, because the crit you are using is affecting the drop rate ! Healers get less then MA's, Barbs get more then pallies ! It's just a RNG. The more you kill the more it evens out. You had bad luck when playing on a healer and good luck playing on an MA. There is no difference in drops depending on the class of crit.

Martialarts

Post by Martialarts »

You forgot to say what size your barb is. I know for sure a lvl 55 barb or ment can't hang in there. :mrgreen:
The MA
DEATH IS SWEET

Migam

Post by Migam »

My barb hunted there in the 50s too and lived. So did healer, just not easy.

I would like the amount of drop to change, like you see with minlok and greenDragon. Maybe when the bat is supposed to drop wing, he does 1-2 wings and the terror does like 1-3 bloods.

I wouldn't get upset if wings randomly dropped somewhere else either. Bloods got added to Mormar cause so many bloods needed in Mormar to add to weap, wings are used for bogs quests, why not add drop to forge which is in bogs? Ppl exp and farm blood in Mormar and they skill in forge, so why not drop wings there too, an added bonus?

Maybe even put bloods and wings on Chubbs and that other bogs goof so ppl got a reason to kill them. Everyone does Albron for breath anyway.

Edit: meh, that pic under my signature went byebye, damn hosting site.
Starfire: There are two wolves fighting in each man's heart. One is Love, the other is Hate.
Ghost: Which one wins?
Starfire: The one you feed the most.
---Pathfinder

King

Post by King »

Martialarts wrote:You forgot to say what size your barb is. I know for sure a lvl 55 barb or ment can't hang in there. :mrgreen:
You do realize that I said the difficulty of the area needed to be lowered correct? I just dont believe the drop rate needs to be increased in any way.

Martialarts

Post by Martialarts »

Aye i am looking at building my case size matters right? I took a lvl 57 Barb there was very hard died a few times even tho I am not sure how to run a Barb. Just looking for things If a Level 78 ma has to go get IHS every few Mins I wounder why the drop rate can not be increased = across the board. Just seems that it would be simpler. I understand a party like barb ment healer or healer and any others could go as long as the healer is decent size and has a couple tiers to help. I just think in todays age most of the new folks need so much help that is unfair to them. If the amount of damage was cut by 30% I think a lvl 55 could do the tasks required there what do you think? Let us hear from the people!

Thanks for your comments they help..
The MA
DEATH IS SWEET

Migam

Post by Migam »

I went with my barb yesterday, level 77, to see how it is again. Of course it was easier for the most part.... BUT!...

If I arg and target something that is at the edge of the screen, I can't reach it. Either it's part on screen and part off like large crits are or its cause I can't reach it cause bog limits how far I can move (I got no points in that primal quirk). I can't vamp hp, shreds galore, and have to retarget, move away, IH or die. The other option is to charge and get there in 2 or 3 rounds to vamp some hp back. This is more an issue when I am mobbed by 2 or 3 intestinoids, a swamp bat and the target is running away (and they can move 4 hexes and I can't?). The shreds from swampbats are 60%... really?

So I can handle it with that size barb at lot easier but it's still a challenge with not being able to reach a target when using arg in a zoo. I get that it should be an evil place but needing to farm there, dunno, bit much. Maybe cut the shreds in 1/2.
Starfire: There are two wolves fighting in each man's heart. One is Love, the other is Hate.
Ghost: Which one wins?
Starfire: The one you feed the most.
---Pathfinder

King

Post by King »

As I was saying in my original post, removing shred from the Swampbats or Intestinoids would make it alot more solo friendly for people of a smaller size. Increasing the drop rate isnt going to do much for a smaller person when they shredded for 80% of there HP and then Elanced. The issue with bogs is the unavoidable dmg of Shred coupled with Paralyze and then the occasional ELance. The DMG needs to be scaled down a decent bit. All 1 person REALLY needs is 3 Batwings, past that is luxury and a bit of min/maxing on str/agi.

But, As I said, reduce dmg and keep drop rate the same. Wings are used in pretty low quantity for 2 of the most important quests you will ever do.

Merlin

Post by Merlin »

Martialarts wrote:You forgot to say what size your barb is. I know for sure a lvl 55 barb or ment can't hang in there. :mrgreen:

Couldn't resist.

But at level 55 with access to Decaying Lands, Ments were one of the best classes to hunt bog. I was farming bloods/wings for an entire group of people with my ment in nork gear.

Easy? No.

Died Alot? Yes.

Doable? Yes.
Elessar: karbeck is a sweety

Wolverine2

Post by Wolverine2 »

Merlin, sure, it is doable... but is that practical to have that kind of gameplay when parts of the game are broken and this is an easy fix? No... you may not care because you have 5 accounts active when you play and each crit is level 85. For an average firt-timer (or even second or third time through NL) it is difficult, especially with only 1 or 2 accounts. Go brag about what you can do elsewhere.

Tirith
Title: The Raging Darge

Post by Tirith »

What he was saying, is that at the correct level, a player can hunt decaying lands fine. What does having x amount of accounts have anything to do with what was discussed, the problem is that todays players want everything easy and cakewalk with no danger and no risk. where is the fun in that? a lvl 55 player can hunt the bog/swamp/decaying lands whatever you want to call it just fine. Yes they shred, that is a % attack, which means even if your lvl 55 character has lvl 13 character health, THEY CAN STILL HUNT IT.... so why dont you read what was said and stop jumping on someone because you are jelly of his levels. Go cry in runescape forums, drak has been dummied down enough, stop begging to make it easier.