Crit stuck in GDH

Any tech issues can be posted here.
Wolverine2

Crit stuck in GDH

Post by Wolverine2 »

Went to GDH on a low thief that can't live/do anything in GDH... prefer not to die as a last resort out... Do not have LGH/UGH on the crit but do have gold... The portal won't work(portal to udh) and the farm,jil requires ugh... Can we fix one of these so that people who don't run the platinum plan nor multiple ughs can leave GDH area without death?
-Thanks

Martialarts

Re: Crit stuck in GDH

Post by Martialarts »

It has alway been this way there is a way in and out but it requires you to be on a certian hex to twig. Seems Strange there is no real way in are out that i can remeber but hell i am brain dead now days.

Wolverine2

Post by Wolverine2 »

Well for non-ugh/lgh users, you can use acrona,go to get to gdh...but there is no way for these users to get out without a twig if they don't have wyrvens acces to jump to bog. What I propose is farmer,jil to work for people without ugh/lgh so that there is some way to get out. Would cause no real problems.

At the same time, Jil may have to be tweaked to allow these non-subscribed users to go to gdh through her as well, because currently you can't which causes a large problem if you die/strip in gdh because you run to jil, then to nork, then to frore, then to acrona before you can get back.

This solution seems to make sense to me, especially since if you have any of the temporal flux items and end up dying in a gdh area,it'll create much less of a chance for poofing because people forgot to locker before they go try and recover their killers/top-end gear. Especially considering the difficulty that some players go through getting the high end tiers.

Martialarts

Post by Martialarts »

Wolverine2 wrote:Well for non-ugh/lgh users, you can use acrona,go to get to gdh...but there is no way for these users to get out without a twig if they don't have wyrvens acces to jump to bog. What I propose is farmer,jil to work for people without ugh/lgh so that there is some way to get out. Would cause no real problems.

At the same time, Jil may have to be tweaked to allow these non-subscribed users to go to gdh through her as well, because currently you can't which causes a large problem if you die/strip in gdh because you run to jil, then to nork, then to frore, then to acrona before you can get back.

This solution seems to make sense to me, especially since if you have any of the temporal flux items and end up dying in a gdh area,it'll create much less of a chance for poofing because people forgot to locker before they go try and recover their killers/top-end gear. Especially considering the difficulty that some players go through getting the high end tiers.
There is another way in besides wyrvs area Or even sdc i am just not sure of ther way i know acrona is one way in, I just can not remember if the botnist or what npc does it, I do belive since its conseption that it was the only way out was twig or ment. The added feature was for those who payed gold ugh once you go through it in ugh lower works as well.

I agree there has to be a much simpler way out of there then running to sdc bog jump. it does seem reasonable to ask the question to make a way back other then a twig because you might get killed and striped that makes the twig useless. Why not make a portal in the area were the locker is, Or by the area were green dragons wonder not inside but just above it. :?: :?:
The MA
DEATH IS SWEET

Skip

Post by Skip »

Seems enabling "Farmer, Jil" would be the easiest way, for people that dont have a twig out.

Pancho

Post by Pancho »

How did you go to gdh? Did a ment to you?

Wolverine2

Post by Wolverine2 »

No... Go to Acrona in frore and type Acr,go

Brad
Admin
Admin

Post by Brad »

Okay.. im a bit confused.

In my mind, there IS a way from GDH back to "real world", can you run down how you got there, specifically, ( dont shortcut ), and what you feel is missing?

Martialarts

Post by Martialarts »

Brad wrote:Okay.. im a bit confused.

In my mind, there IS a way from GDH back to "real world", can you run down how you got there, specifically, ( dont shortcut ), and what you feel is missing?
Brad once you get to GDH From Acrona in Frore you can not go back to nameless unless you go through silver dragon area up to sdc to wyverns and jump into swamps. In a way what he is asking if you do not have UGH how can you return to nameless if u get killed and have no twigs. If no lower gh or upper gh.
The MA
DEATH IS SWEET

Brad
Admin
Admin

Post by Brad »

farmer, jil

Martialarts

Post by Martialarts »

that only works if you have upper guild hall if not you can not use it.
The MA
DEATH IS SWEET

Infinity

Post by Infinity »

Martialarts wrote:that only works if you have upper guild hall if not you can not use it.
Brad means, try it now.

Wolverine2

Post by Wolverine2 »

Sorry for late response, was on vacation. However, thank you very much for a quick fix! helps a ton