Thief Hide suspected issue

Any tech issues can be posted here.
Omni
Admin
Admin

Thief Hide suspected issue

Post by Omni »

All,

There has been some degree of commentary in the lobby about thief skill for non-thieves having been 'nerfed'. I would like to address that concern.

1) No changes were intentionally made that would have affected hide levels. Use of the word 'nerf' would imply that we did it intentionally. My initial findings are that non-thief hide appears to be working as intended and there have been no apparent changes.

2) Those who are complaining have so far not provided any discrete and concrete examples of what you are experiencing. Did you e-mail help@drakkarzone.com? Did you provide details?

Who is having this problem?
What class?
What skills?
What are your stats, especially your agility?
Where are you seeing this problem?
When did this appear to stop working?
Is only 1 character experiencing this or are all characters having this problem?

What steps have you taken to troubleshoot this yourself?
For example, did you check your stats? Maybe you took stat damage you did not realize?
Did you check the condition of your gear? Gear which is in useless condition will no longer provide a stat boost, which can impact your hide if you just lost that +3 to agility.

Did the weapon you are holding change?
Are you in a party?
Did your party members change? Certain tiers, discs and abilities have benefits you may not realize or consider.

We are here to help, but we would appreciate it if you would present thoughtful information rather than just a complaint that "it's broke, fix it!".

Thank you,
Omni
Account and Billing issues: help@drakkarzone.com
E-mail: Omni.sysop@gmail.com
Twitter: @OmniSysop
http://www.facebook.com/omni.sysop
Send me Ideas, Suggestions, Bugs or Complaints!
Event Mailing list, send me an email with TELL ME OMNI in the subject!

qmtu

Re: Thief Hide suspected issue

Post by qmtu »

Several players and I have noticed the changes 2 weeks ago after the reset following the valentine's day week long event.
This is the original post regarding that issue, and has not been addressed:
/viewtopic.php?f=38&t=8094

People have been using thief hide skill on non thieves, such as ments and healers, to improve their survivability in areas where a class that is weak in armor class can't survive by themselves. It is a given that the ability of non thieves to hide is nowhere near the ability of thieves at the same level. Whereas a thief can hide on hex, and actually can hunt in area due to this ability, non thieves with the same level of thief skill can only prolong their survivability temporarily by hiding off hex, and eventually get discovered when the crits jump around and find them. Nevertheless this was a fun skill to play with, just as we play with different weapon skills, such as a ment skillling in halberd, which is really not practical where they really hunt, but is a fun gimmick to say we can do it. This, and any other skill, has become the core makeup of the character, and people do take the time and effort to increase their characters's skills.

In specific, I have noticed the unequivocal change with my ment. I have used hide skill on mormar 1, to keep my ment alive longer when I hunt there. Before the change, I could hide 2 hexes away. After the change, I could not hide even 4 hexes away. My gear has been the same, and are fully repaired. I have not gained or lost skill. I have found this when doing solo. All other conditions are the same.

I have found the same issue on my healer, on a different account. I have also found this issue in crazy cob, since I don't spend much time in nork or aleria anymore.

Omni thank you for taking your time to help out on this issue. Could you tell us about your findings that led you to conclude that skills have not been changed. I am concerned that if one skill has been inadvertently changed, perhaps there have been inadvertent changes made in all other skills also, such as more important weapon skills or ment and healer skills.

Thank you

Omni
Admin
Admin

Post by Omni »

We believe we found the issue. The problem is not actually with hide. The problem is with AID. When AID is cast on a hidden character, in certain circumstances is is essentially as if they are not hidden. We are working on a solution to this issue and will post again here when we believe it has been resolved.

Thank you for your patience and thanks as well to those testers who helped us identify this odd behavior.

Omni
Account and Billing issues: help@drakkarzone.com
E-mail: Omni.sysop@gmail.com
Twitter: @OmniSysop
http://www.facebook.com/omni.sysop
Send me Ideas, Suggestions, Bugs or Complaints!
Event Mailing list, send me an email with TELL ME OMNI in the subject!

Terrel

Post by Terrel »

Omni wrote:We believe we found the issue. The problem is not actually with hide. The problem is with AID. When AID is cast on a hidden character, in certain circumstances is is essentially as if they are not hidden. We are working on a solution to this issue and will post again here when we believe it has been resolved.

Thank you for your patience and thanks as well to those testers who helped us identify this odd behavior.

Omni
Omni, thanks. Do you know what caused the change? Could that also have driven the change to psi damage?

Mars
Admin
Admin

Post by Mars »

Brad applied a fix to Alt2 last night, please check and see if it works as it should now.

Remember, alt2

Martialarts

Post by Martialarts »

Healer is still broke 78/40/35thief still broken also effects thief tier when in party round is stop after 3 4 rounds very fast. read the post i put in knowen issues/ MA