Drakkar on a Mac

Any tech issues can be posted here.
FreedomsPhoenix

Drakkar on a Mac

Post by FreedomsPhoenix »

Is there anyway to play Drakkar on a Mac? Other then installing windows on it?

FreedomsPhoenix

Re: Drakkar on a Mac

Post by FreedomsPhoenix »

Well seeing as no one responded I did some research on my own. What I came up with isn't a great solution but a decent one if a mac is your only option. (That is until theres a mobile version for iPhone or Pad unless you have an android device) I found a program called Winebottler. I am by no means an expert on computers in general but to the best of my understanding Winebottler converts Drakkar into an app that runs on Mac OS in a shell windows environment. The reason I went this direction is Im not looking at installing a parallel windows os on my mac, that combined with the fact normally I use my PC to play Drakkar but have temporarily have my pc taken over by my wife as she is working from home for a while so this is a stop gap measure to get my Drakkar fix.

I have found that the wine bottler app work pretty well. You have to install Drakkar each time to start the game and have to click run lobby after installation is . It does run a little laggy with animations but appears to operating in real time within the game. It also is a heaver draw on the Macs resources. I also can only run one lobby at a time so no multi boxing so this really is only a draw back depending on you game play style. I have also not found a way to see the lobby unless you quit out of game window.

So this is what I've found let me know if there are any other options or ideas out there.