psi damage reduction nerf?

Any tech issues can be posted here.
Tirith
Title: The Raging Darge

psi damage reduction nerf?

Post by Tirith »

I have heard from several other players f/m's and ments that they notice their damage seems lower, this has been since the SantaKlawz event. I myself noticed it also, Where my infernic spear used to do 10k damage, I am now only doing 8k. I am wondering if a recent update crossed some wires and maybe messed up either quirk or skill boosts. or maybe something else. If anyone else has noticed it and has more details to add please do so.

Migam

Re: psi damage reduction nerf?

Post by Migam »

I don't see this but I haven't spent one F/M quirk on anything that boosts damage, I have no skill abilities for boosts and I was on that event. Maybe that's a clue... either it's quirk or skill ability?

My 3 Ankors still do 2k each and BD does I think 250 or 350 a round.
Starfire: There are two wolves fighting in each man's heart. One is Love, the other is Hate.
Ghost: Which one wins?
Starfire: The one you feed the most.
---Pathfinder

Terrel

Post by Terrel »

Oh, yes..I noticed and have alerted Omni and Brad.

I know Omni has looked at it, and I know Brad said he hadn't intentionally made any changes, but the changes are there nonetheless.

I don't have good insight into whether it's a change in totems, quirks, or party points, but I know it isn't titan rings, because I saw the nerf at the same time on both my f/m and healer, and my healer doesn't have mental boost titan rings, of course.

I think it is NOT party points either, because my f/m had no energy boost points, but his Ankor's energy damage decreased, too.

The change happened specifically on Sunday when the New Year event went in. Saturday before that, all was normal. Then after reset, damage reduction.

I was keeping close track because I was working on mental damage in party points for my healer..having fun watching his damage increase, and then a 20% drop after that reset!

I have specific #'s that I've emailed to Brad and Omni.

Tirith
Title: The Raging Darge

Post by Tirith »

I am glad you have paid close attention to the damage changes and noticed when exactly the changes happened, as I only noticed it when you asked me to check my damage and i didnt have exact numbers.

Volcom

Post by Volcom »

My fighter ment has never done enough damage (has always been in party for haste,buffs,taxi services with a little bit of damage on the side), now it has gotten worse haha.......Make my fm tiers 1 round recast and take away the 2 hex range of them and will call it even..

K Thanks, Bye!

Love,
Volcom

Brad
Admin
Admin

Post by Brad »

Nothing that i know of. Omni and I are comparing files now, but we aren't aware of any changes.

Terrel

Post by Terrel »

I'm reminded of this topic by the thread discussing the thought there may be an unintentional downgrade of "hide".

This change also happened post event, and wasn't intentional, but tangible, since damage #'s are now visible. Similarly, nothing found that caused it.

Brad, you'd mentioned resetting the game to an older version to clean up any unintentional changes, but I hadn't heard that had happened.

Is that still going to happen? Maybe on test, even? It would be easy/interesting to show the differences in both hide and psi tier damage.

Thanks!

FreedomsPhoenix

Post by FreedomsPhoenix »

My fighter ment has never done enough damage (has always been in party for haste,buffs,taxi services with a little bit of damage on the side), now it has gotten worse haha.......Make my fm tiers 1 round recast and take away the 2 hex range of them and will call it even..
Could not agree more vol nothing is more frustrating then watching a ment of lower skill/level and hp able to solo areas because they are able to kill with some speed while my fm runs for its life without a party because even with the acc tiers I can't kill fast enough to keep from getting overwhelmed. I'd settle for the 1 round recast and could deal with the two hex cast limit.

Just some food for thought Brad..... FM sould be worth more then a support class. If I wanted a support crit I would have built a healer no offense to the healers in the room ;0)

Phoenix____WOLF

Posted from my iPhone.