Windows 8 and Drakkar

Any tech issues can be posted here.
flisk
Admin
Admin
Title: King of Drakkar

Windows 8 and Drakkar

Post by flisk »

If you plan on upgrading to Windows 8 there is a possibility that Drakkar may fail to load up. Then again it may open and run.

Even trying to run it in XP Compatibility mode (or Win 7, or Vista, or whatever you may have once used) may not allow it to load up.

However, there is a work-a-round. You'll simply need to reinstall the game after you have upgraded to Windows 8. Just copy all your macro files and drop them into place once it's installed.

Once you've done that it should boot up and allow you to play without any issues.

If you run into any surprises with Drakkar and Windows 8 feel free to drop me a line, I'll do my best to help you out.

Tirith
Title: The Raging Darge

Re: Windows 8 and Drakkar

Post by Tirith »

Flisk, you are ahead of the curb for me... How is windows 8? is it worth upgrading?

flisk
Admin
Admin

Post by flisk »

It's radically different from previous OS. It's very... "tablet" like. Yeah.. imagine a tablet on your desktop machine monitor.. that you can't actually touch.. but it still swipes from left to right to navigate...

I'm getting to install it in two weeks on about 60 computers.. and it should take about 45 to 90 minutes per machine to install/upgrade...

I don't wanna hijack this thread on my opinion of Windows 8, but I'm sure somewhere along the line you'll hear my view on it.

FreedomsPhoenix

Post by FreedomsPhoenix »

I updated to windows 8 today and had no issues running Drakkar other than losing all my saved logins which is probably more my fault for not saving what needed to be saved. The biggest issue I had was losing drivers that are no longer being updated due to the age of the computer and had to use a program to find the drivers necessary so I could again change my screen resolution.

Still working on installing all the software I used to have back onto the Windows 8 platform. Still learning my way around it but so far I’m enjoying it once I took care of the driver issue.

flisk
Admin
Admin

Post by flisk »

FreedomsPhoenix,

You upgraded from a previous version of Windows to Windows 8 and Drakkar ran okay?

It was mainly the driver issue that I was researching, and the more I think about the more I think it's a graphics card driver issue that I ran into.. But then again.. all I had to do was reinstall Drakkar and it worked fine after that.

Who knows.. I'm just tossing out some solutions I've run into with some problems I experienced with Win 8. I know each machine is different so hopefully it won't be a big deal for most players.