Riposte broken ?

Any tech issues can be posted here.
Eej

Riposte broken ?

Post by Eej »

Hunting in meadows of SDC3 today and my barb who has 20/20 riposte is getting no ripostes at all .
Yesterday he was getting them fine .I didnt play after reset yesterday so im thinking maybe something has changed ? .Is this intentional or a mistake ?
Last edited by Eej on Sat Sep 01, 2012 3:10 am, edited 1 time in total.

Brad
Admin
Admin

Re: Riposte broken ?

Post by Brad »

We haven't made any adjustments to riposte, or sdc3 that would cause that effect.

your getting ZERO ripostes? off ANY creature?

Eej

Post by Eej »

Thats correct ,have not tried it in any other scenario yet .
Weapon was recently upgraded with an essence ,maybe that has summin to do with it ?

just before u ask ,yes riposte is turned on in quirk list :P

Edit..Just did a 10 minute test in SDC3 meadows ...not a single riposte ,also changed hally to non essence upgraded one so bug isnt that .

Nuther edit ,went to NL surface and tested riposte on sentrys at jil,s ...works fine ..so at the moment only place it seems screwed up is in sdc3

Serefin

Post by Serefin »

None in meadows, damage return isn't the same as it was, tested in gnomes for a while and other places for a few hours.
We haven't made any adjustments to riposte
, it riposts for 1 attack now? 1-3, something like that. You mean to do this? If so can you update when you do something like this, pretty large change.

Cyric

Post by Cyric »

Brad wrote:We haven't made any adjustments to riposte, or sdc3 that would cause that effect.

No ripostes off any meadows creature. They hit 100% and those kinds are notorious for no riposte. It seems to be non-physical attacks. Non-abridged combat messages show no blocks on weapon, no blocks on armor and no misses.

It seems to be same problem Ice Floes in SDC2 had early on.
Cyric

--Coming to you live from the Supreme Throne

Eej

Post by Eej »

Cyric wrote:
Brad wrote:We haven't made any adjustments to riposte, or sdc3 that would cause that effect.

No ripostes off any meadows creature. They hit 100% and those kinds are notorious for no riposte. It seems to be non-physical attacks. Non-abridged combat messages show no blocks on weapon, no blocks on armor and no misses.

It seems to be same problem Ice Floes in SDC2 had early on.

Riposte in meadows was working fine before last reset ,barb used to have zoo half dead withing 5 minutes ,now i can stand there for 20 minutes and the only dmg i do to the crit im not attacking is because of dmg reflect from gear.

Merlin

Post by Merlin »

I don't think you can riposte an attack you cant block.

Might aswell stand naked in medows tbh
Elessar: karbeck is a sweety

Brad
Admin
Admin

Post by Brad »

Lots of "shouldnt bes" here.

- All Meadows Cirts should *NOT* be 100% hitters... did i break this or did someone just never tell me? haha
- Riposte call had a bad parameter, was making the arg round wierd. I'm looking into this also.

Brad
Admin
Admin

Post by Brad »

Nevermind, i have them all configured wrong. I'll change them all over to normal crits/weapon attacks and have you guys test them on the nl test server so we can get it tuned.

Wow.. what a bus going by at 80...

Cobra

Post by Cobra »

Snow fields in sdc2 are 100% auto-hit as well if you're still looking into this brad.

Cobra