Bugs to Fix

Any tech issues can be posted here.
Merlin

Bugs to Fix

Post by Merlin »

Hi Guys,

I've created this thread witha view to tracking all bugs currently existing in the game, which can then be clarified aas an actual bug and consolodated into one place which Brad can eventually get around to correcting.

1. The Flames/Drowning pop-up which is shown when MassTeleported somewhere, despite there being no flames/water as the destination.
2. The Wyvern Claw trader requires you the Talon to be tied to your account (if this is intentional the talon should tie on loot, currently they are untied) - current work around is to use the Attune NPC in LGH which should not be required.
3. When in Large zoo's crits are truncated off the screen, they are on hex you just cant see them, despite there being room for them to fit.
4. When right clicking on researcher helm you receive the very annoying popup 'You are already wearing something there'
5. Melee Avoidance and Melee Accuracy class quirks seem to work in the OPPOSITE making u get hit more and be able to hit less [CLOSED - unable to replicate] [Change Request] - http://kingdomofdrakkar.com/forums/view ... =15&t=7918
6. The skill 40 ment perk works, I can MT into areas now, but I cant MT out, teleport out works ok, so this looks like a bug. [CLOSED - By Design]
7. When talking to Armon(NPC in SDC2) to gain access to 78+ and 39+ if you have the required item in your hand his text box is blank. The work around is to mix the windows up so you can see your sack once his window is open, then transfer the item to your hand.
8. When hunting Gnome area there are two types of protection pots that drop, Red ones(fire pot icon) and Blue ones(Ice pot icon) , when drinking the pot they show the opposite message. Red one says primal ice protects you, but the disc is actually primal fire prot, and the blue one says primal flame protects you, but the prot is actually primal ice prot.
9. There is no text descriptor on the climb-up hex in forest SDC2, to keep in line with the rest of Drakkar please add a descriptor 'you feel a cool breeze blowing from above...'

I will add others to this list as I come accross/remember them

If you can contribute please add a reply with details.
Last edited by Merlin on Thu Apr 19, 2012 6:04 pm, edited 10 times in total.
Elessar: karbeck is a sweety

Volcom

Re: Bugs to Fix

Post by Volcom »

When im in large zoos the crits at the bottom of the list seem to be "truncated" off. I will take a screen shot to show what im talking about or maybe other people have had similar experiences. Basically crits are on your hex that you cannot see.

Volcom

Post by Volcom »

Melee Avoidance and Melee Accuracy class quirks seem to work in the OPPOSITE making u get hit more and be able to hit less

Brad
Admin
Admin

Post by Brad »

About the melee avoidance/etc issue.

I'll address this one more time. A few years ago this stink came up, we spent about a week writing sample test cases and logging, and clearly identified that everything is working correctly.

It brims back up every now and then, most likely from impressions due to the huge list of bonus / defensive calculations in the drakkar code.

So, i'll just say it once, ( though i know it will do no good ), after extensive logging and checks a couple years ago, we were able to clearly identify that these abilities do correctly bonus.

Brad

Shaok

Post by Shaok »

Could you possibly make it so those particular quirks can be turned on and off, along with the corrisponding class quirks that follow them up that way those who still feel that their crits are performing worse can turn it off? That way those who feel its making their crit worse can deactivate it and those who think its fine can keep it active?

I've talked to several people who all agree withmyself that its still broken currently, and I ended up just remaking my MA because there wasnt anything I could do about reversing the quirks.

I think the ability to disable/enable could be a way to satisfy everyone.

Tirith
Title: The Raging Darge

Post by Tirith »

An old bug, or maybe its not considered a bug, in any case, it doesnt make sense, If you take boat ride portal back to nork from aleria, your alerian teleports get erased. I also believe it makes your twigs no longer work. This should have been fixed a long time ago.

Brad
Admin
Admin

Post by Brad »

Not a "bug", its what the original scenario design called for. I wasn't a big fan of it at the time, but no one listened to me ( smile ).

If its not complicated to remove, i'll do so.

Brad

Terrel

Post by Terrel »

That'd be a good one...thanks Brad!

Also..not sure if you saw the chatter in the lobby the other night, but your latest post in "Announcements" was a little oblique. If I'm interpreting that correctly, it sounds like a good idea.

Brad
Admin
Admin

Post by Brad »

Let me try to clarify :

- Change 78-80 quest to go from 78-85 *NOW* ( people may have to redo the last part of the quest )
- Rational - Instead of people starting at the BOTTOM of the next scenario area, they will be able to get a running start. Since not all people are uber with uber equipment, levels = more health = more saving throws = less chance of being hit, etc.. which opens it to more people.
- Alternative, leave level cap as is, and less people can jump into new area when it opens.

Brad

Terrel

Post by Terrel »

Got it. That's what I thought....like it.

Merlin

Post by Merlin »

I don't know where you got this uber equipment idea from?

we're all still using the items that dropped about 10 levels ago.

nothing what I would consider 'uber' drops in SDC2.

Terrel

Post by Terrel »

Merlin wrote:I don't know where you got this uber equipment idea from?

we're all still using the items that dropped about 10 levels ago.

nothing what I would consider 'uber' drops in SDC2.
Ah, well, not to be snide, but good point! I would say the the Betrayer shield and mace (at least for healers) are certainly upgrades to the Medusa and killer maces, but "uber" would be a stretch :)

But beyond that, the rings aren't working, and even if I could click off the auto icestorm w/o clicking off the ice prot, at best the Betrayer FP would be situational, as opposed to an upgrade over the NL plate. Now if the Betrayer FP didn't result in the loss of sooooo many HP's (due to the lack of constitution adds), then maybe.

Merlin

Post by Merlin »

Terrel wrote:
Ah, well, not to be snide, but good point! I would say the the Betrayer shield and mace (at least for healers) are certainly upgrades to the Medusa and killer maces, but "uber" would be a stretch :)

But beyond that, the rings aren't working, and even if I could click off the auto icestorm w/o clicking off the ice prot, at best the Betrayer FP would be situational, as opposed to an upgrade over the NL plate. Now if the Betrayer FP didn't result in the loss of sooooo many HP's (due to the lack of constitution adds), then maybe.
Yeah my thoughts are pretty much exactly the same, although I have my doubts over the Betrayer mace being an upgrade for healers, I'd say its pretty much the same from the experience I have of using it.

The killer mace certainly is better damage wise.

The shield is an upgrade to Medusa though :)

Cobra

Post by Cobra »

Betrayer armor isn't an upgrade for every class either, not withstanding the aoe issue it has:)

Cobra

Shaok

Post by Shaok »

Since Brad is actively posting here, I want to link this to another thread from here rather than double posting/spamming.

http://www.kingdomofdrakkar.com/forums/ ... 206#p51206