Party Abilities and Yellow Pots

Any tech issues can be posted here.
Irin

Party Abilities and Yellow Pots

Post by Irin »

Hello Brad,

Is there any way to have a toggle added to the party ability called "Psionic Advantage"? The ability is both a blessing and a curse. On my thief, I have joined parties with a few points in the ability. On one hand its a blessing that it gives me eps to use instead of hp for my spells and at the same time it builds up my mentalist skill so my spells cast at a higher level. On the other hand, I am not gaining thief skill when using those eps to cast my spells and even worse, if I dont have enough eps I get the "you are unable to concentrate" and the spell fails. It is compounded when I move out of range of the party or the leader moves out of range and then come back to the party, and my eps reset to 0/*, once again resulting in being unable to cast spells due to not enough eps (this happens often as people pull zoos to the party). The inability to cast spells due to not enough eps outweighs all of the perks to having eps. For this reason I was hoping we could get a on/off toggle set on that ability.

Also, I have noticed that the yellow potions that drop in the upper levels of Nork tie to the alt you find them in. For example, if I find a yellow potion in alt 2, I cannot drink it in alt 1. If I try, I get an error message, the bottle opens and the contents spill out if I dont close the bottle before putting it back into a sack, pouch, dropping it, etc. There is no way of identifying which ones come from the alts if I dont keep track of where I put them. Is this something that can be changed so that we can use them in either alt, or perhaps have some way of identifying which alt they are from?

Thanks,
Irin

Mars
Admin
Admin

Re: Party Abilities and Yellow Pots

Post by Mars »

I will answer on the pots.

Due to changes Brad put in for Nameless, pots became usable only in the alt they were found. This can't be adjusted and creating separate icons/descriptions is probably too time consuming, but I will bring it up with Brad.

Irin

Post by Irin »

Thanks for the reply Mars.

It seems the alt only requirement only applies to Yellow pots. I havent noticed it on any of the other random potions found in nork but I seem to remember something similar with guild hall youth potions or zaps a couple years ago as well.

Irin

Post by Irin »

Any word on the ep party ability issue for thieves? I cant even buff a handful of people with respirate in Nork. Cob is managable since I usually wear 1 lori that provides fairly fast ep regen. But Nork is a nightmare, almost no regen at all makes casting even simple buffs like IV and Resp impossible.

Irin

Post by Irin »

Bump, still issues with the party ability that gives others eps. Just remembered this thread when another thief in my guild complained today of being unable to cast IV on people because he didnt have enough EPs instead of hp.