Is the exp needed for level 79 & 80 ridiculous ?

Any tech issues can be posted here.
Skip

Post by Skip »

330 billion for lev 79, xxxx billion for lev 80.

One of our guildies grunted morning and nite to get to 79, only to get burned out and leave the game. The rest of us KAM-mies have concerns...

Is SDC2 the place where players go to "just fade away" ??

Is SDC2 alot of stick, and no carrot ??

~ Buzz / Skip__KAM ~

Merlin

Re: Is the exp needed for level 79 & 80 ridiculous ?

Post by Merlin »

Skip wrote:Is the exp needed for level 79 & 80 ridiculous ?

One of our guildies grunted morning and nite to get to 79, only to get burned out and leave the game. The rest of us KAM-mies have concerns...

~ Buzz / Skip__KAM ~

You've hit the nail spot on, another area with nothing to gain. exp 78-80 seemed like an attempt to just hold onto people s long as possible.

Basically the whole of OWNS got fed up with that area, we killed everything, there was no point in grinding to level 80 because no-one has enough time to fit that in around real life jobs/commitments.

grinding to level 80 for betrayer + other gear will probably prove that its not as good as NL plate nor worth the trouble.

hunting the same area for hundreds of billions whilst being limited by regeneration seems pointless.
Elessar: karbeck is a sweety

Tirith
Title: The Raging Darge

Post by Tirith »

I feel slightly responsible for the exp for 79/80 being so high.. as i commented to brad many times prior to sdc2 implementation, that post 50 levels meant nothing as they were all gained so quickly and that the exp needed for the next levels needed to be much higher to bring back some meaning to gaining a level. Ex. Level 50 to 60, 10 levels were being gained in a day by joining a healer/ma party in mormar 20, or something to that sort. even 1 level a day would be too much at the high end for me... however i too got burned out on exping. when asked to make it not easy to gain a level, brad went to the extreme and made it require 2-3 months of heavy grinding for 1 level.. it proved too much for me as i just got a promotion at work and have been working alot more hours, i just did not have the time to grind the amount needed. And being there was only 3 different areas to grind for it.. it didnt leave much for variety, much like doing 50-75 in mormar only.

The idea was right, implementation was wrong and unfortunately for me, my real life took a better turn but got me so busy, i didnt have enough time to devote to it anymore.

Martialarts

Post by Martialarts »

Skip wrote:Is the exp needed for level 79 & 80 ridiculous ?

~ Buzz / Skip__KAM ~
The Grind is a killer but the journy is a joke. Not worth the it by any means.
The MA
DEATH IS SWEET

Brad
Admin
Admin

Post by Brad »

Yeah, i don't like it either.

I'm looking at some ideas to switch it up.

Brad

Volcom

Post by Volcom »

Skill 40 didn't seem to have much to offer either..

Cyric

Post by Cyric »

Brad wrote:Yeah, i don't like it either.

I'm looking at some ideas to switch it up.

Brad

Double or triple the exp for mobs in SDC2 or lower the exp for 79 and 80. Problem solved. Only because SDC2 is the only place to exp and skill post 78/39.
Cyric

--Coming to you live from the Supreme Throne

Martialarts

Post by Martialarts »

Well to many things wrong with it the whole thing. That place is not for anyone to solo, with most guilds or what ever players that were here just totaly lost intrest.

There needs to be way more and way less just some ramblings. Brad you could cut the exp per creature and cut the the abilty of the creature to kill anything very easy. Cut the creature hitting power by 40% and cut the exp gain by 25% to 40% make it a solo place so a person can handle it. cut the rate of skill gain by 25% or even 1/2 but make the skill gain worth something.

To little to late I am thinking but worth an effort...

The point your missing is we max a critter but build new ones to see what they can do learn more go futher.. Stop looking for the end game! If you need new areas and story lines, If asked the one's who love the game as much as most do. I bet you would get help fast one set rule all need to discuss and not banter.. A idea is just that an idea not a stead fast rule you can always make a lvl 80/40 world that acts like a new game. Art work is easy enough to come by make it a contest we are all willing to stick 2 cents in it Most would help with art work ect.. We all know your smart might be just lost like i feel. Or even change the game as it is but as it is now just to much for 2 or 3 people to handle..

Excuse the typos i just woke up might even be to much rambling.. :idea:
The MA
DEATH IS SWEET

Jimbo33

Post by Jimbo33 »

Its to easy, make it harder.

Martialarts

Post by Martialarts »

So let us know what your thinking Brad... Do something peek my intrest..