Possible broken drop rate

Any tech issues can be posted here.
Ravaillac

Possible broken drop rate

Post by Ravaillac »

Could it be possible that when you changed the drop rate, it affected some areas in a negative way? For example, in the bog in nameless I was averaging about 2 bat wings and 1 terror blood in like 4-5 hours. As soon as you announced a drop rate change the place went ice cold for 3 days now. Zero drops from bats and terrors over the course of about 15-20 hours of killing in a 3 day span. Can you please look into this? Much appreciated in advance.
Thx.

Merlin

Re: Possible broken drop rate

Post by Merlin »

Hey Rav didnt realise you were back actually playing!?
Elessar: karbeck is a sweety

Quaternion

Post by Quaternion »

I logged on and found 2 bloods in bog in 20 minutes using a ment.

Ravaillac

Post by Ravaillac »

The problem is not the bloods , its the bat wings

Ravaillac

Post by Ravaillac »

Ok its been 5 days of extensive hunting in the bog, over 500 swampbat kills no bat wing. Seriously can someone look into this. It seems too much of a coincidence that the rate change occurred exactly after the May 2 changes went in. If this was how you intended it then fine but if not then could it please be corrected. Thx in advance.

Tirith
Title: The Raging Darge

Post by Tirith »

Drop rates for wings, bloods have always been that way.. You can get lucky and find them quick or you can kill for ages and not find one. If you ask mars how many players have come to him about the drop rates and asked if it was broken or how many times brad has looked into it just to make sure because somebody hasnt found any in XXXX number of kills, etc. Its the luck of the draw and I know after a while of looking and not having any luck you want to throw in the towel, but it makes it that much more awesome when you do find them.

Ravaillac

Post by Ravaillac »

Yea well games especially ones you pay for are supposed to be fun and exciting not tedious and boring. Just my 2 cents.

Tirith
Title: The Raging Darge

Post by Tirith »

Different people consider different things fun.. You'd be surprised.

Merlin

Post by Merlin »

Rav, try grinding exp past 78 haha
Elessar: karbeck is a sweety

Migam

Post by Migam »

Look at needler hearts. Some hunt em and are at it for a while. I found 2 in 10 days and for me, that was amazing. Over a year later, I tried for more, after 30 mins, 2 back-to-back, I was floored. Yeah, it's trivial for most who move in with their army and destroy everything in sight and get 10 million to drop. For me, it meant something more cause I recall how quickly the joy wiped out the frustration. It's all perspective and what you choose to get out of this game.

Did you recently change how you kill, like went from with melee or attack tiers to DoT kills? I ask this because before, killing with a DoT didn't give enchanted drops like bogwitch packet when I was on that quest. 3 hours with thief DoT tiers, nothing; switched to throw and jumpkick, pa pow! every 3rd bogwitch dropped one, enough killed to cover the whole account plus a spare. Believe it or not, that discovery was its own thrill... I have a boring life.

This might have been fixed cause it was happening with wolf scrolls too, dunno. Bloods and wings aren't enchanted drops anyway but who knows if they follow that same rule in the bog. Bloods do drop with DoT in Mormar that I recall, been awhile.
Starfire: There are two wolves fighting in each man's heart. One is Love, the other is Hate.
Ghost: Which one wins?
Starfire: The one you feed the most.
---Pathfinder