Windows need resetting every login

Any tech issues can be posted here.
nunnbt473

Windows need resetting every login

Post by nunnbt473 »

At random times, sometimes yes sometimes no, but not every 3rd or every other or anything predictable... I have to move my belt, pouch, ground, body..etc etc back for my character when I login. Every character seems to have a random 50-50 chance of needing the windows reset.

I also randomly crash, but only when I am quitting. Doesn't seem to have any direct connection to the above issue. Just because I do or not crash on exit, I may or may not have to reset windows on next character login. It does not matter if I use File > Quit, #quit or X

I have also noticed minor graphical glitches when tabbing between game window and any other window, most notable the character tags will be have a few black bars through them or one big one through the middle and sometimes the tags disappear / reappear extremely slow when tabbing back for the duration of about 1 round. Dont know if that has a connection.

Using the newest download with the newest lobby / game / roller. Win 7 ultimate 32bit. model is HP G70-250US. Tried deleting drakkar.prm with no effect. Tried redownloading and reinstalling (did not uninstall old version first). Tried restarting. I dont have any reason to think av or virus is interfering. Plenty of ram / processing power available.

Thoughts on what I should update or change?
----------
Just say no to fate cards.

Mars
Admin
Admin

Re: Windows need resetting every login

Post by Mars »

just a thought,
try moving all game windows further from the edge of the screen. see if this helps. Long ago, if the edge was off the screen, you had to reset every time.

nunnbt473

Re: Windows need resetting every login

Post by nunnbt473 »

Ill give that a shot and get back to you because thats something I do quite often in order to get everything to fit well visually off to the side..
thanks

Edit: Yep dragging too far out of the visible screen was the cause, thanks.
----------
Just say no to fate cards.