Any tech issues can be posted here.
King

Re: Returning Players Sounds Off!

Post by King »

1)King
2)1997ish
3)MPG-Net
4)Not really sure but i spent WAYYYYY to much time playing
5)Met alot of cool people but Yeti, Riot, and Mallsay were some i played with the most

Eej

Post by Eej »

1.Eezy____KAM
2.Hmm i think was around 96/97
3.Not sure ,may have been MPG
4.Divorce !!
5.Lots of friends ,would hate to say who is best..Alderon Athena ,Aurelius ,Firewolf ,Skip,Acron,Ztinktoof,Seville,Terell,Eowyn,Rosey, man there are just way too many great friends to list ,apologies if missed anyone
6.Dying over and over when aldy would take me to ud4 then fall aslep while he was sposed to be healing my ass !!

max|pic

Post by max|pic »

Ive been back since start of Cnork but didnt notice this thead.
Pic____CHAOS
I used to be Maximus___BKHND on IEN and SirMaximuCHAOS. God i wish i wouldnt have got rid of that Sir tag, it was so overpopulated at time and now its so rare.
I started fall 99.
IEN
Ive made alot of friends on here, but i gotta mention Snak, Lalasushi, Celigula, Pans, Niko, Juice, Tsarn, Tymak.
Most memorable exp would have to be when Summer__RAGE went invis while i was on my barb and mt'ed me to Mama Rd. She knew i was raising a ment and gave me a mama rd as a present.

Hotice

Post by Hotice »

1) SirHotice_RAGE (Pally) :)
2) geez.. umm, i think in 1998-1999?
3) iEN, back when they had that strange but cool blue login screen
4) Biggest thing umm... .met alot of nice people; wish my memory was better so i could name ALL of them :)
5) All my old RAGE Guild buddies... Psimon and Elessar are some that I prominently remember. i wonder if they're still around?
6) hmm... can't really remember now..

i haven't played drakkar since sometime in 2006-2007... i'm in Afghanistan now and just outta curiousity was checking out the forums and wanted to see if my login worked (and if i still remembered it!). apparently it still does... i wonder if any of old buddies are alot (too many to mention).

i'm looking to possibly returning to see all the changes in game (and re-learning everything i forgot) once i come home from this silly place. i see there are new quirk systems and all types of different stuff and new lands which i haven't yet discovered... sounds like a fun time all over again.

if they ever have any come back specials... let me know when, i'll be checking the forums about once every week or so as a computer and internet are accessible to me.

-HotIce :)

Terrel

Post by Terrel »

Hi Hotice!

I assume you're in the service over in Afghanistan...stay safe, and have a great Thanksgiving!

Hotice

Post by Hotice »

hi terrel (i haven't seen you in a long time)

Yeah, i'm in Afghanistan, i'm leaving in a few months and getting out altogether, it's time for me to come home and stay home.

i guess none of my RAGE guild buddies are around anymore... hmm.

i'll check the forums once per week (i only get 1 night to use a pc per week) to look for old players.

-Hotice

GhostGuest

Post by GhostGuest »

Off topic slightly,... but... :

Quote form Hotice: " Yeah, i'm in Afghanistan... ", So, does this make you a Stans Man???? ;)

And I hope all yall get that...

projectkidd

Post by projectkidd »

1)Warning
2)1992?? i was four year's old and Zeus wanted me to play with him.. Young player ever?? haha
3)MPGN i believe if my memory is right
4) met a few players IRL
5)Plenty of people too many to name.

Roganemor

Post by Roganemor »

1) Roganemor___ICE...DUNE...BANE
2) 1993 I think
3) MPG-Net
4) sucked me into online gaming :)
5) Stryder...Cogdah...Mordecai...Lathander..and more though I forgot there drakkar names...still friends all these years later...still playing together on various games...still have our yearly get together
6) When the pit opened...'Oh look a bear, lets kill it for fun....run aawwwwaaaayyy'.....'Lets go in this tower and check it out...ooooo cool this guy got a big halberd.....run aawwwwaaaayyy'.....'Whats down this hole....ooo shiny beetle....run aawwwwaaaayyy'....'What do you mean you were eaten by some piranha and your in a little room with no way out?'

Ren

Post by Ren »

1) Your most well known character
Ren
2) When you first started playing
1998 - Yep on the initial MSN network
3) Server you started playing on ( DISK, MPG-Net, iEN or DrakkarZone )
All
4) The biggest thing that happened to you because of drakkar
Took a year off from work an played Drak 16hrs a day. My hair got shoulder length and I had fear of all living souls (that I could not chat with)
5) The best friend you made
Many - The brits fubar and snafu, my brothers at STORM and AFO
6) Most surreal drakkar experience
Spent 36hrs straight sending worms in from the caves to attack the drags in red and silver dragon keep. We hearded them in like sheep although I lost 100 pts of rep, attacking them and watching them drop. Goal to clean the drags out and pop, check the rings. Fell asleep.

Merlin

Post by Merlin »

Ren wrote:1) Your most well known character
Ren
2) When you first started playing
1998 - Yep on the initial MSN network
3) Server you started playing on ( DISK, MPG-Net, iEN or DrakkarZone )
All
4) The biggest thing that happened to you because of drakkar
Took a year off from work an played Drak 16hrs a day. My hair got shoulder length and I had fear of all living souls (that I could not chat with)
5) The best friend you made
Many - The brits fubar and snafu, my brothers at STORM and AFO
6) Most surreal drakkar experience
Spent 36hrs straight sending worms in from the caves to attack the drags in red and silver dragon keep. We hearded them in like sheep although I lost 100 pts of rep, attacking them and watching them drop. Goal to clean the drags out and pop, check the rings. Fell asleep.

Snaf and Fubs say Hi!!

pm me your email address so I can pass it along to them :)
Elessar: karbeck is a sweety

Navarre
Title: invictus.

Post by Navarre »

1. Navarre (formerly of MoY, SAND, KAM, BORED, most currently in RIP, and I'm probably forgetting a couple along the way..)
2. 1996 with Valcon and Hart/Aren
3. MSN when I was first exposed to the game, began playing regularly on MPG-Net
4. Biggest thing: Getting to meet a bunch of the players at E3 back when it came to Atlanta.. Soyer, RandyO, some of the old MPGN staff, half of the RIP guild (Drunkenmonk, Ouch, Titan, James).
5. TONS and tons of friends.. CapnBob from the old MPGN days of annoying everyone in the forums, Valcon and Aren because they got me into the game, Gord__KAM, Terrel__KAM, Panserbjorn, all the old RIP guys.. and there are countless others I'm missing.
6. Most surreal experience: 14 hours of hunting the QueenServant hunt (which was just absolutely insane), losing over 150+ HP, a metric poopton of experience, 2 full sets of gear, and then somehow managing to get the QueenServant plate and infuriating 90% of the game when I got (heavily) drunk and (heavily) fated my level 29 paladin (yeah, it's sad, I never maxed) about a grind week away from XP 30 and being able to wear it. :/

Crazy that I still come here after 15 years, hope all you old-timers are doing well!

xaph

Post by xaph »

Long time no see my dearest draklings!

1) Aeris_WILD (healer!)
2) Possibly 2003?
3) DrakkarZone
4) I'm not entirely sure how to answer this one. The friends I have made in Drakkar have had a huge impact on my life (even whilst I've been MIA).
5) Ohh there are so many! There are a couple who deserve special mention though:
Tee - Adopted sister and partner-in-crime! I've missed you sweetie.
Whiteheart - My role model and squishy teddy bear. She could make me laugh, cry and blush with a single sentence.
Mars - Despite all the unwarranted and unprovoked abuse you would throw at poor innocent me (don't you deny it! And wipe that smirk off your face) you were always supportive, chatty and great fun!
WILD Guild Members - love you all!
6) I remember one of the sysops getting a little bored and made some critters called Aeris_Wild and started an event which involved people hunting them down and killing them. I was quite insulted! (But it was still good fun!)

~ Xaphania

Mars
Admin
Admin

Post by Mars »

xaph wrote:Long time no see my dearest draklings!

1) Aeris_WILD (healer!)
2) Possibly 2003?
3) DrakkarZone
4) I'm not entirely sure how to answer this one. The friends I have made in Drakkar have had a huge impact on my life (even whilst I've been MIA).
5) Ohh there are so many! There are a couple who deserve special mention though:
Tee - Adopted sister and partner-in-crime! I've missed you sweetie.
Whiteheart - My role model and squishy teddy bear. She could make me laugh, cry and blush with a single sentence.
Mars - Despite all the unwarranted and unprovoked abuse you would throw at poor innocent me (don't you deny it! And wipe that smirk off your face) you were always supportive, chatty and great fun!
WILD Guild Members - love you all!
6) I remember one of the sysops getting a little bored and made some critters called Aeris_Wild and started an event which involved people hunting them down and killing them. I was quite insulted! (But it was still good fun!)

~ Xaphania

I don't know what you mean :shock: :twisted:

Stormwind

Post by Stormwind »

Roganemor wrote:1) Roganemor___ICE...DUNE...BANE
2) 1993 I think
3) MPG-Net
4) sucked me into online gaming :)
5) Stryder...Cogdah...Mordecai...Lathander..and more though I forgot there drakkar names...still friends all these years later...still playing together on various games...still have our yearly get together
6) When the pit opened...'Oh look a bear, lets kill it for fun....run aawwwwaaaayyy'.....'Lets go in this tower and check it out...ooooo cool this guy got a big halberd.....run aawwwwaaaayyy'.....'Whats down this hole....ooo shiny beetle....run aawwwwaaaayyy'....'What do you mean you were eaten by some piranha and your in a little room with no way out?'
Ha-ha - Heya Rog! Welcome back!

Stormwind (Illuvitar_BANE in a former life)

Gothmog
Title: Robbin ya since 1982

Post by Gothmog »

1) Your most well known character - Gothmog
2) When you first started playing - 1999 - 2000
3) Server you started playing on ( DISK, MPG-Net, iEN or DrakkarZone ) - iEN
4) The biggest thing that happened to you because of drakkar - Married and Divorced...
5) The best friend you made - to many to name.
6) Most surreal drakkar experience - Trying to tan lightning throwing raks for reggie robe. I was sad when I got it to tan and nothing after dieing tons trying to kill it.

Sixgun

Post by Sixgun »

Lets have an old-folks soundoff.

1) Titan/Gollum
2) somewhere around 2001-2003
3)IEN
4) what is this? getting cc'd i guess..
5) everyone and no one
6) giants walking around and thumping the earth