GAME DIRECTION?

Any tech issues can be posted here.
Migam

Re: GAME DIRECTION?

Post by Migam »

Stormwind wrote:It's about time. This game was always about providing a challenge and serious repercussions for bad luck or just plain stupidity. Glad to see some of those loopholes closed. I bet if brad rolled back all the primal people who don't have a K-4 enchant, we'd see a bunch of the current 70+ crowd evaporate.

Yes, players who have done it before or who have friends should advance faster and they do, because knowing how to play the game properly and having a big buddy to feed you coin and protect you with high levels discs really ramps up your advancement. The premo gear you can get as a result also helps boost your survability and therefore makes you grow faster.

I've been around along time. We've lost a lot of quality players because these stupid loopholes didn't get fixed in a reasonable amount of time. Maybe if this trend continues we'll get them back. If you want to play a game that is stupid easy to advance in, go play WoW.

Bravo!

Stormwind_WOLF
Nice post Storm :)
Starfire: There are two wolves fighting in each man's heart. One is Love, the other is Hate.
Ghost: Which one wins?
Starfire: The one you feed the most.
---Pathfinder

Stormwind

Post by Stormwind »

Had to soften it twice, first draft - Mars would have banned me!

Where's the big baby face when you need it?

So what happened with Ajam anyway, no corpse finally or just can't leave with the corpse? I gotta get some time set aside to check out all the little loopholes and see what else finally got patched up!

I may have to start playing again... :)

Quaternion

Post by Quaternion »

I am worried that this game has been sustained for a long time by people powergrowing (multiple accounts by a few players) and now this is not possible people will leave creating a vacuum. The only thing that i can see counteracting this is more investment in advertising.

I do not know the exact cost of an ad, but i have seen it said it costs as little as $5 for 2000 placements. So if 0.00005% of adverts resulted in a silver account it would take 10 months to earn each $5 in advertising back. I'm not sure if this is realistic figures but I hope it demonstrates that a few hundred dollars spent in advertising 'might' be worth the risk for the long term gains.

Quaternion.

chaos

Post by chaos »

i think you guys need a new race a past dweller maybe? all of you are crying that the new palyers should have to spend the same amount of time to get where you wear but that cant happen cause there arent enough players to do so

theres a big difference between the game being a challenge and a job you should all learn them sometime cause most people in world dont have 10 hours a day for 8 years to beable to see what the end of a game is like

Migam

Post by Migam »

Stormwind wrote:
Where's the big baby face when you need it?
This one? :D

Starfire: There are two wolves fighting in each man's heart. One is Love, the other is Hate.
---Pathfinder

Yohon

Post by Yohon »

Cobra

Dont get me wrong I hope anything they try brings new players here, I've 'rediscovered" the game after a long absense and am enjoying it a lot more now, but Im just not seeing what people are talking about with "we've been here forever so we should be priviledged somehow, reminds me of the people who whined beg and stole their way to level 80 in wow then started calling people noobs...

Anyway, thanks for the rational discussion rather than caplock rants :)

Migam

Post by Migam »

chaos wrote:i think you guys need a new race a past dweller maybe? all of you are crying that the new palyers should have to spend the same amount of time to get where you wear but that cant happen cause there arent enough players to do so

theres a big difference between the game being a challenge and a job you should all learn them sometime cause most people in world dont have 10 hours a day for 8 years to beable to see what the end of a game is like
It doesn't take 8 years anymore and it won't even with the changes but it should be more than 8 weeks.
---Pathfinder

Stormwind

Post by Stormwind »

It didn't even take 8 years back then. Anyone who wanted to grow quickly could, most of the advanced players just hit the wall of where new content ended and either started new characters or just tried to figure out aspects of the game or tough to crack quests while they waited for Brad, Gimli and RandyO to catch up.

Migam

Post by Migam »

Cobra wrote: People just want to rush to mormar, and only go to x spot in nork, y spot in cob, and z spot in NL for xp. Then they have their 70/20, realize that they have to get skill, and there's no burn spot after z, so they quit.

Cobra
Another downside to rushing is quirk gain. The time you saved from grinding is also quirks not gained. All the kills made waiting for the timer to expire to give one is wasted. That's how I understood it.

I'm sure the reply is, so what? I saved time not to worry about quirks. Well, isn't eligibility based on getting enough kills for your level? Doesn't that mean besides what was bypassed, you now have to be where you are challenged to keep gaining? Going back at 70/20 to skill will suck for you.

So maybe I make 1 level in 3 hours while you make 9. I'm still gaining 2 or 3 qps per hour while I'm at 50 or so and have many more to gain before I hit 70. You might gain 1/9 that while you hit 70 super fast. Maybe you don't care. Well, don't whine and claim Brad changed quirk gain rate. You kinda changed your own.
---Pathfinder

Cobra

Post by Cobra »

Yohon:

I don't agree with having alts being more special than first time players. I believe that game knowledge will help that alt along a lot faster. With the game knowledge I have now after playing three classes through the entire game, I could easily roll my 4th and cap it (75/35) within a month. Once you've learned where to go and what to do, doing it again is so much easier and faster.

Cobra

Darge
Title: The Raging Storm

Post by Darge »

Stormwind wrote:If you want to play a game that is stupid easy to advance in, go play WoW.
Not to detract from the QQ jib this thread has going, but this comment stood out to me. WoW may be an easier game to advance in, in terms of leveling, etc, but it is by far the harder game relative to Drakkar. I had to perpetually box 5 crits in Drakkar in order be challenged (and mind you, without Niko and Quat's little drak helper programs).

That's a serious sticking point for me in why this game's direction is flawed. Players keep saying that if you fix the pacing of the game, it'll solve a lot of issues. Well no, it won't. People burned through content both because they could, and because it was boring to play. I've been stacking armorstrike followed up by stacking maxstrike on my pally for how many years now? Healers have been spamming PWH for how long? A new boss where I brew up 10 acid plating pots and chug one every once in awhile isn't exactly a huge departure from it either, and that's even when I consider AA to be the pinnacle of NL lair design.

The focus shouldn't be on how easy it is to cap your character, because leveling is tedious. To this day, I think the proliferation of how to solve the Wisdom ingot quest was the greatest disservice that has ever been done to Drakkar, because it was one of the few pieces of content that could not be blown through if you didn't already know the answer.
SIN
My father was a wolf, I'm a kinsman of the slain, Sworn to rise again
I will bring salvation, punishment and pain, The hammer of hate is our faith
Power and dominion are taken by the will, By divine right hail and kill

trav: you bad bad girl

Quaternion

Post by Quaternion »

without Niko and Quat's little drak helper

Just a correction here I didn't make drakhelper - what I did do was make it so that the lobby could be run several times without need for vpc, but then that was added to the FE anyway.

Quaternion

Yohon

Post by Yohon »

I agree, leveling, or not leveling isnt really the issue, the game is relatively the same at level 10 killing level 12 mobs or at level 70 killing level 72 mobs, same same, the quests, the remnant scrolls of which lay scattered and unused across the land, were always what brought me back, would be nice to figure some way of doing those randomly so the first person though cant post it for the other 1000 people to google

Martialarts

Post by Martialarts »

The Quirks get locked at a point my ma was skill and quirk locked at 32/30 And your right after that i got extreamly bored. So i did what any respecting person would do with some help from some friends. They all have left but even at max skill and level i am re discovering Drak in a new way.

I personly would like to see the game grow with better graphics and more content and quests i have played many games. But Drakkar is my home here i will stay at my most comfort level making new chartors and learning new ways. I am now working on ways to do areas that even at max skill and exp i cant do. Learning is part of the game making more content would be nice.
The MA
DEATH IS SWEET

Vsari

Post by Vsari »

I am late to this thread but..

My honest opinion is that this game would be better off if Cob was removed completely.

NL would be the perfect replacement and its design actually syncs with the rest of the game while Cob does not.

I will agree with Martialarts to and say its about time to have a real graphical makeover to bring the game closer to 2010 in quality. And I dont mean 3D.

Brad
Admin
Admin

Post by Brad »

Boy, id love a graphical makeover

Martialarts

Post by Martialarts »

Brad wrote:Boy, id love a graphical makeover

Well tell us what you want we can do it make the Drak community help hell we do it for free! :mrgreen:
The MA
DEATH IS SWEET