Player Discussion Thread

Any tech issues can be posted here.
Skip

Re: Player Discussion Thread

Post by Skip »

OK, time to bring up something that's going on that I think is wrong, and at one time was enforced as a violation of the Player Code of Conduct -- the use of ANY external program that allows 1 person to play multiple characters at once. I am not talking about the ability to access more than 1 game account on 1 computer. Several times in the past year i have seen a group of characters move as 1, kill stuff as 1, even talk the same in lock-step. Sure looks like 1 character is driving the bus, and several other accounts automatically doing stuff as a mirror to the driver.

The result of this often involves this BOT group flying into an area, killing everything in sight - seeming to not even see anyone or group already there; often anti-social, sometimes completely oblivious, sometimes rude or even hostile. During the past 6 months its even gotten to the point where it appears that an individual owns and plays multiple accounts via this method as a way to "build their own team" - to completely circumvent the original spirit of Drakkar: for people to play together & cooperate for mutual benefit in acheiving difficult goals.

I asked Mars_Sysop about this the other day, and he was also uncertain as to the wisdom of the Drak Gods on this matter.

~ Buzz/Skip__KAM ~

too bad 1 in 10 players know about the forums;
worse that 1 in 100 players regularly read the forums

Volcom

Post by Volcom »

You mad someone left you out of the circle skip

PossessedAxe

Post by PossessedAxe »

Or maybe he's just interested in keeping the game playable.. I know for a fact I'm tired of whispering my old buddies and hearing "This isn't so and so, in fact this is just some guy running twelve characters at once, soloing the entire game." Just another plague killing drakkar. I also have seen this type of program moving x amount of crits all at once, seems a little ridiculous. Spirit of the game is going going gone.

dragonmage
Title: Arg!

Post by dragonmage »

Its almost become a necessity to run multiple accounts do accomplish anything. There are entire guilds that have quit due to lack of development, and when one or two people decide to come back they're at a standstill because they can't do anything alone.

So people are using outside programs to be able to move all crits from one hex to another at once, rather than moving multi crits indvidually, is that ruining your gameplay, honestly?

Someone running multi crits was tearing through zoos where others were hunting, thats the player to blame, not the program they were running.

Teh_Cheat

Post by Teh_Cheat »

I have to agree with Skip on this matter. I had heard that someone had built a program that allowed them to move all characters through one interface, or something of the sort. I also heard that this same player/group had built the program to have some sort of scripting feature as well. I'm not sure how accurate it was, but usually these rumors aren't far off from the truth. Especially when people say they've come into contact with this group of crits, and aren't given a response when they attempt to talk with them.

Running multiple accounts on one PC is different. If a player is going to run 3 or 4 crits, then they should have to run them individually. Running them through one seems to be a bit much.
SIN

Martialarts

Post by Martialarts »

I agree that there are abusive player. I also agree that a large portion of players left drak for one reason or another.. Asking for help in obtaining anything that is harder then one can solo does not get you anywere now days.. Players who truly love drakkar have built there 1st chartor from scratch know how wondeful it has been..

In Response to it shows many things that are wrong but to be honest hard enuff running 1 chartor let alone 2 3 4 12.. Some players have made a choice to play and pay for many accounts should they be branded as cheats for playing.. We all made this type of player by not being invloved with helping them move forward sometimes game knowlage is not enuff.. When i was 22/18 ment i needed a silth robe I had to solo it on my ment took me 4 hours to get it near death. Soomeone came in took the kill shot and searched it and took the amber..

There comment was to bad and no one cared about me spending 4 hours for nothing..

So in retrospect I can not blame them at all.. Would be much simpler helping people grow and learn but not many will take the time to help "WORD" ... Dont hate because people are useing 6 accounts or 2 accounts they pay for. We should applaud them they found a way to make drak work and heck let them spend the money.
The MA
DEATH IS SWEET

Moon

Post by Moon »

I had heard that someone had built a program that allowed them to move all characters through one interface
Amazing!

Tirith
Title: The Raging Darge

Post by Tirith »

Teh_Cheat wrote:I have to agree with Skip on this matter. I had heard that someone had built a program that allowed them to move all characters through one interface, or something of the sort. I also heard that this same player/group had built the program to have some sort of scripting feature as well. I'm not sure how accurate it was, but usually these rumors aren't far off from the truth. Especially when people say they've come into contact with this group of crits, and aren't given a response when they attempt to talk with them.

Running multiple accounts on one PC is different. If a player is going to run 3 or 4 crits, then they should have to run them individually. Running them through one seems to be a bit much.

Should get the guy that built that program working for brad lol

Merlin

Post by Merlin »

Tirith wrote:
Teh_Cheat wrote:I have to agree with Skip on this matter. I had heard that someone had built a program that allowed them to move all characters through one interface, or something of the sort. I also heard that this same player/group had built the program to have some sort of scripting feature as well. I'm not sure how accurate it was, but usually these rumors aren't far off from the truth. Especially when people say they've come into contact with this group of crits, and aren't given a response when they attempt to talk with them.

Should get the guy that built that program working for brad lol

it would make sense.
Elessar: karbeck is a sweety

Volcom

Post by Volcom »

As per suggestions from our conference, I'll be upping the loyalty bonus from a 12 month max to a 24 month max in an upcoming reset.

(This means your gold HPs will grow for up to 24 months instead of 12 ).

Accidentally unsubscribe a while back? For a limited time contact us at help@drakkarzone.com and we will restore your 'effective' gold date!

Brad
I had this happen years ago and never did it make all the way back to a full 12 months consecutive payments since then. Are the 12 months obtainable to someone like me? Possibly have the gold benefit come back anytime the player is subscribed gold instead of starting over if u have a bad month?

Brad
Admin
Admin

Post by Brad »

RE: Getting your "gold" status back.

What I plan to do is to write a small script to count the total # of months you have ever been "gold", and offer that back to people ( on a one time basis ).

IE If you have had 10 total gold months, you have the option to get that back, if you re-subscribe to gold.

Right now i'm going through a big list omni just sent me of possibilities to help psi-users as well ( such as increased regen or energy, instead of just health.. health benefits barbs, but not so much psi-classes )

Brad

Darge
Title: The Raging Storm

Post by Darge »

Before quitting, me and my guild mates had upwards of 5 years of gold benefits; but what did it matter at that point.

I'd say that having gold sub's that far beyond the cap should inherently grant you a grace period in getting your gold bonuses back. Something to the tune of 1 month of grace period, per 2 months of subscription. It's not much, but it's better than a hard cap.
SIN
My father was a wolf, I'm a kinsman of the slain, Sworn to rise again
I will bring salvation, punishment and pain, The hammer of hate is our faith
Power and dominion are taken by the will, By divine right hail and kill

trav: you bad bad girl

Brad
Admin
Admin

Post by Brad »

I like that.

srflynn64

Post by srflynn64 »

TBH i think you wanna leave it as you first intended Brad,

More players and ex players that know about getting Gold bonus back could bring back more players from a longer period.

You could have players that had 5 months gold that quit like 2 years ago decide to come back, thus meaning your widening the scope of returning players.

Look at the casual rather than the hardcore...

Darges idea about the grace period is a good idea and maybe you should start it up, but what you should do is get the blood back into drakkar 1st with the 1 time opportunity of the full gold restoration as you 1st said Brad. This could give a big influx of players

Quaternion

Post by Quaternion »

Personally I am not a fan of the current incarnation of line of sight killing. I would prefer a more complex one which assesses danger,

-How often does one contribute by attacking/buffing/healing?
-How often have you been attacked or been in local of enemies?

As an example of how this might work, say you dont see an enemy for 10 rounds then your exp might be cut.

Now if a creature runs away and is killed, even if you did 99.9% of the work and someone else gets kill shot you loose out.

However should it stay in its current form, one additional change to help would be to make allied aviodance for ments be 100% effective. I used to make sure that i would hide away party memebers when using tfs/tss so i didnt kill them, but if i do this now exp is lost.

Finally, i have some questions regarding how it effects thiefs, which i cant test as no longer gain exp. Part of being a thief, is that creatures will always run from you by the very nature that you are hidden. Do these changes therefore make hunting as a thief within a party more difficult? For example a thief with skill <32 the party may not know where he is and be unable to follow to make sure they are in line of sight for kill. If this is the case it could be changed so that one can see thief in party no matter their skill.

Migam

Post by Migam »

Quaternion wrote: However should it stay in its current form, one additional change to help would be to make allied aviodance for ments be 100% effective. I used to make sure that i would hide away party memebers when using tfs/tss so i didnt kill them, but if i do this now exp is lost.
Then I want a pally quirk to max to 100% avoid hitting party when I Multistrike on their hex (and remove the 8 target limit) and a thief quirk to max to 100% avoid hitting party with Dozens.

MAs get 100% coverage with this and powersweeping with 3 to 5 of them to kill and gain huge. It's all the rage to grow them.
Starfire: There are two wolves fighting in each man's heart. One is Love, the other is Hate.
Ghost: Which one wins?
Starfire: The one you feed the most.
---Pathfinder

Quaternion

Post by Quaternion »

Agreed Migam well pointed out that other classes also should get allied avoidance.

In fact perhaps now it should be part of the game for all classes and not even a quirk, i certainly like sweeping on my fm and just as with tss/tfs hiding so i didnt kill party members was my strategy.

Volcom

Post by Volcom »

yea a high skilled paladin should have enough control to swing his sword and not kill all his friends. A allied avoidance that was 100% for both ments and paladins should already exist.

And maybe even fighterments, a fm with high ma skill and quirks can sweep zoos and live quite well, but they will murder any friends near by.

Drakkar is group play and things like this would be appreciated

edit.. Im curious as to why the ment one is not 100% , Mentalist should be advanced mental beings more than capable of picking who they do and do not kill
Last edited by Volcom on Sun Aug 01, 2010 11:35 am, edited 1 time in total.

srflynn64

Post by srflynn64 »

i gotta disagree on the FM having AA just coz they wanna do MA as a skill.

The true nature of a FM is to be using either 2H weapon or a weapon and shield.

If they wanna do MA as skill and have AA whats the point in having a MA class, big thumbs down there

dhavin

Post by dhavin »

Quaternion wrote:Personally I am not a fan of the current incarnation of line of sight killing. I would prefer a more complex one which assesses danger,

However should it stay in its current form, one additional change to help would be to make allied aviodance for ments be 100% effective. I used to make sure that i would hide away party members when using tfs/tss so i didnt kill them, but if i do this now exp is lost.
I agree. I would like to think that a large factor in the changes recently made, were done so to encourage community and teamwork. As players we have a lot more to worry about now, we shouldn't have to worry about party members sticking us in the back, which in the long term encourages solo play and heightens frustration.

Additionally, who is anyone to say what the true nature of any class is? Shouldn't we have the freedom to build a character into the mental image we have of them?

Volcom

Post by Volcom »

whats the point in having an ma if a fm has aa? they aren't even close

have u ever used a fm with ma skill an quirks?

Darge
Title: The Raging Storm

Post by Darge »

Class definition is a good thing, rather than giving every class that has an AoE an Allied Avoidance type quirk. If anything, the game should be focusing less on massive AoE fests, and move back to relevant content (what's done in Mormar, BDC/SDC is done) focused on taking down a few npc's at a time with single target attacks.

Currently other classes want AA, because otherwise their role in the party is nominal with an MA, and they can't possibly match an MA's AoE without the quirk (which no class could ever hold a candle to a hasted psweeping MA in the current game anyway).
SIN
My father was a wolf, I'm a kinsman of the slain, Sworn to rise again
I will bring salvation, punishment and pain, The hammer of hate is our faith
Power and dominion are taken by the will, By divine right hail and kill

trav: you bad bad girl

Quaternion

Post by Quaternion »

what's done in Mormar, BDC/SDC is done
Well that was my sentiment before all the fiddling with enemies and line of sight took place. Would much rather had things so that the statu quo of mormar was preserved due to the many years of having it thus and instead newer content addressed the problem of leeching. E.g. make it hard to leech 78 - 100 in new areas. As far as i can tell leeching isn't going to be stopped by these changes, people just need to be a little bit more ingenious.

Teh_Cheat

Post by Teh_Cheat »

Giving Allied Avoidance to all classes with a AoE ability is a mistake. This is one of the quirks that has turned the game into a fast paced race to 75. An entire party spamming their respective AoE's seems cheap to me.

Mormar hasn't always been the same either. It's gone through many changes since it was first implemented in regards to hunting the area. We had to actually work our way through each floor, getting our rings, and advancing to the next level. We were lucky if we got 200m-300m an hour. RG hadn't been killed yet and there wasn't a way to powerlevel through Mormar. Most people weren't even close to 70, and if they were, they certainly didn't have their NL plates yet. You sat there in a large group, took a exp cut, and did long sessions where you might have gotten 25% of your next level done.

Also the majority of the game seemed to be a low primal level with the max level of skill (62/34 for example). I remember it wasn't too long ago to see a ton of 70s in the game with skill 29 or 30.

Mormar was built to be a group hunting area, and it was for a solid 2 years. The line of sight needs to be fixed in the case of chasing down runners and losing exp/skill from that kill, but overall I like the change to that system.

We've all used the powerlevel methods to build our crits, but it used to be the larger players were the experienced/knowledgeable players of the game, and as players rose to those levels, they became the same way. Currently, it seems like players are building their main/first crit, powerleveling it to 75, and then as they are faced with new content, they have to get help from other groups/guilds because the only way they knew how to play the game was to watch the 75 MA in the party psweep zoos in m20 while they gained a ton of experience.
SIN

Migam

Post by Migam »

I was being sarcastic :D

I don't think all on hex should be 100% immune to any AoE or multiattack melee especially for the reasons above and that includes the armies of AA MAs being grown just for that. Just figured I'd do a MeToo.

How exactly does that work? Do their legs piston out for a rapid fire precise hit? But wait, it's a sweep, I guess the whole party does a synchronized hop on cue!
Starfire: There are two wolves fighting in each man's heart. One is Love, the other is Hate.
Ghost: Which one wins?
Starfire: The one you feed the most.
---Pathfinder