Halloween Event: Candy NPC

Any tech issues can be posted here.
Omni
Admin
Admin

Halloween Event: Candy NPC

Post by Omni »

Hello Everyone,

Due to some unfortunate choices a few players have made, I have been forced to place limits on the potions given out by the NPC 'Candy'. You will no longer be able to trade potions between characters. If you try to pass it to another character on your account or to anyone else, the potion will fail and be used up. It will NOT be replaced. As of the latest reset, any lockered/stored potions are also inert.

As always, if something seems too good to be true you should report it to a sysop. The benefits far outweigh what will happen when I find the bug in our logs and then track you down. Failure to do so will result in harsh penalties ranging from a temporary ban, xp-skill-stat penalties far in excess of your illicit gain, or just deletion of the offending character(s) - gear and all. The time I spend on finding you will be taken into consideration in what happens to you.

For those of you whom I have not yet discussed this incident with, it is now too late to turn yourselves in. Expect a visit from me.

The NPC 'Candy' will return to the portals within a day or so, once I complete some additional coding.

Omni
Account and Billing issues: help@drakkarzone.com
E-mail: Omni.sysop@gmail.com
Twitter: @OmniSysop
http://www.facebook.com/omni.sysop
Send me Ideas, Suggestions, Bugs or Complaints!
Event Mailing list, send me an email with TELL ME OMNI in the subject!

Tirith
Title: The Raging Darge

Re: Halloween Event: Candy NPC

Post by Tirith »

Omni.. I think it would be important for you to make another point to these people who abused the new npc you put in for the halloween event.. I dont know who it was or how it was done.. But for anyone thinking about abusing stuff. Heres a thought for you.

As slow as we get new content.. and always asking for new stuff, fun stuff.. Brad and Omni have less time to code new things if they have to constantly go back and fix stuff because a couple of bad apples have to take advantage of something. I myself did get to have at the npc.. but it seemed to be removed the same day it was put in.. by the time I had gotten off of work.. it was removed because of these players.. I am sure there were alot of players that did not get to enjoy the event yet.. So I hope the abusers get taken care of, and will maybe think twice next time when they find a loophole in the system.

And for anyone who missed out on the Candy NPC.. i hope you all get a chance at the new part of the event before its over.

Thanks Omni for updating an old event.

RayonMazter

Post by RayonMazter »

Not sure who did it, and i'm just noticing this post...i'm glad it's fixed and you let the rest of us give it a go again...but it might help people understand what the rules constitute if you guys actually made posts about your updates and how they are supposed to work. There is such a lack of communication between players and sysops.

As for what tirith is saying, I agree and disagree...because:

It's noon on saturday and there's 24 people logged into dz...disregarding the ones that aren't even logged into the game, over half are probobly afk. The count a few years ago was probobly over triple/quadrouple that at this time - and on a weekday.

Yes there's a bunch of bad-apples with worms in them, but there's more than the player-base to blame for the slow-death of the game. Is drakkar really going to continue to survive much longer when new players come in confused (fan-sites are dying, the in-game gold-hex guide is ...don't get me started on unacceptable for 2009), and the amount of old players returning to drakkar slowly diminishes because pride isn't being taken for a game that has lasted this long by the main developer.

Before we play the blame game on why some players don't have respect for the game, I have some questions..
  • -Where has brad been throughout this entire event?
    -Why do omni and mars have to deal with everything - volunteers, no?
    -Why are people like Flisk considered sysop when all they do is randomly log in and advertise their site, after getting hype up over some big attractive updates and disapearing?
    -And if brad doesn't share a liking with the current community (certainly doesn't show it), why is nothing being done about the player-count to get 'new' players, and more refined sections of lower-end areas?
    -Is it truly expected that with the lack of attention or care from the main developer, that players are show respect back? An expected attitude: "Brad's never around so who cares".
I'm just entirely confused. If the game is pride-based then where's the proof of it, and if the game is profit-based...why is it being let to dry out as brad is surely losing money with his current methods of priority?

Doro

Post by Doro »

ho

I popped into the game yesterday only to find no Halloween event running.
I was told it had finished for the year, is this correct?

Yes I do actually log into my account from time to time :)

Mars
Admin
Admin

Post by Mars »

Yes, the event ran from Oct 25 to Nov 1. With the weekly reset yesterday, the event ended.