Barb NL Axe

Any tech issues can be posted here.
Tnem
Title: Lord

Barb NL Axe

Post by Tnem »

I'm not sure if this is a bug or if it is as intended, this has been mentioned a couple of times but there has been no confirmation.

Is the Barbarian Nameless Lord left hand Axe only meant to trigger on a basic "attack" command, or is it also supposed to trigger on other commands such as "arg" for fury rounds n such.

If its only supposed to be attack I suggest changing it to any "hostile" command, as at the moment, it is locker candy and is never used, which makes it kinda pointless.

It would also bring more variety to the game by allowing a one-handed barbarian the options of offensive (nl axe) or defensive (shield) mode (I'm all for variety).

PossessedAxe

Re: Barb NL Axe

Post by PossessedAxe »

I'm sorry, but really, this crap is getting stupid. I know this post is a bit late, but since the developer invented the Barbarian class, I figured he'd know a couple things about them.

1.) Barbarians use berserk to fight.
2.) Look at 1.) again.

Okay, that's it. Barbarian class in a nutshell. They use Berserk to fight. Basically, the new additions to the game are like, breaking everything that you have built. You've got a 12+ year high Jenga tower that is how long the barbarian class has relied on Berserk, and now with new 'abilities' like Cleave and this useless axe, what are we trying to do, pull out some random blocks from the jenga tower and start on a new one?

Look, I know I drop Cleave at the beginning of a fight for some combat debuff, but to be quite frank, it's really not changing my game up much. And an axe for BARBARIANS ONLY that cannot trigger on #ARG? I'm confused.

Honestly, I'm all for new additions to the barbarian class. Seriously, discounting the number of times I've accidentally killed my other crits while dual boxxing (because lets face it there are really only 20-25 players who all run 5+ accounts these days :P), barbarian is just about the most simple class, which isn't straying too far from the iconic stick.

The thing is, there is still room to add cool changes to the barbarian; in order to do so, abilities needed to be added that function WITH the main function of the barbarian (berserk, figured i'd point it out again).

Add abilities that you can use DURING Berserk. Create an actual rotation of skills, maybe something that doesn't waste an entire round to get more frenzied [i.e., Strike of the Frothing: Deals X damage and increases your Zerk count by X]. We wait a LONG time for new content to be released. Atleast release content that isn't going to be disappointing.

EDIT: too much honesty.

Merlin

Re: Barb NL Axe

Post by Merlin »

1.) Barbarians use berserk to fight.
2.) Look at 1.) again.

couldnt have said it better :)
Elessar: karbeck is a sweety