Any tech issues can be posted here.
Mordo
Title: Master

Need help with new FE install please

Post by Mordo »

I have XP sp2
firewall accepted
I Explorer is default
Lobby works fine,chat,links etc.When I click play,the window opens with all commands.
No stats will list. When I click "show body"it shows a female character on my male crit.As if the play window isn't communicating with the lobby??!!
I have tried installing it in,C\:, C\:program files and is now in my documents,Lol.
Thanks

Mars
Admin
Admin

Re: Need help with new FE install please

Post by Mars »

while totally logged out, delete ALL copies of drakkar.prm
log back in and see if it clears.

Mordo

Post by Mordo »

Thanks Mars,but,nope.Didn't work.
One other thing.My wife created a new account under her name.She can get as far as choosing race and gender with the roller.But it goes blank when choosing gender and goes no farther.
It doesn't get that far under my account.I just get a blank screen with the usual brown background when I click create..

niko

Post by niko »

Sounds like a firewall issue. Are you using any firewalls other than built-in windows xp firewall? Try disabling them if so.

But there are 2 parts for drak communications...

Lobby <> Server (which sounds like is working fine)

and...

Game / Roller <> Lobby <> Server

Seems as if the Game / Roller <> Lobby is getting blocked.

~niko

Mordo

Post by Mordo »

niko wrote:Sounds like a firewall issue. Are you using any firewalls other than built-in windows xp firewall? Try disabling them if so.
Game / Roller <> Lobby <> Server

Seems as if the Game / Roller <> Lobby is getting blocked.
~niko
I disabled firewall just to be certain it isn't an issue.I can't find server in my drak folder to try the run as command on,can you point it out please?Thanks for your help.

After multiple uninstalls/reinstalls,I cleaned the registry of several old Drakkar usernames,most of
which I have no memory of creating.( Twisteddog?? wth )

Now,under HKEY_CURRENT_USER, >Software,I have Drakkar Zone>Drakkar>Users,with only 2 usernames,
which are my wifes free account and my paid account.
Under HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE >Software>Drakkar Zone,there is only one sub-folder;Drakkar.
No user sub.Current user does not have admin privaleges does it?Are these entries correct?

When I open the lobby using the run as command,current user is
selected by default and the protect my computer bullet selected,which I can't de-select.There is no
apply or save as and when I return it is still selected by default.Prolly requires editing the registry to change.
Anywho,(In run as)selecting 'the following user',suppling username and password seems to change nothing anyway.
Am I barking up the wrong tree with my problem here??
Thanks
(edit)I just noticed that Brad will be posting a new FE today.I wonder if this will help with my prob,or is this just for the silver dragon thingie?
http://www.kingdomofdrakkar.com/forums/ ... 918#p47918
Last edited by Mordo on Mon Jun 01, 2009 2:50 pm, edited 1 time in total.

niko

Post by niko »

Sorry if that wasn't clear, Server is just the actual Drakkar server that drakkarlobby.exe communicates with -- nothing for you to run.

Do you have any anti-virus programs installed and running? Many of them have firewall type features built in as well... like I believe Norton and AVG both do, I forget what other common ones do...

Mordo

Post by Mordo »

Yes,I use Iolo.Now that you mention it,it was installed after my last time playing the game.I'll go that route and see.Thanks alot.
Peace
(Edit)Crap.Nope,no difference and no firewall type security features with Iolo.Thanks again.

Mars
Admin
Admin

Post by Mars »

If deleting the drakkar.prm file does not clear the issue. Drop an email to help@drakkarzone.com and provide details including account/lobby name and I will have Brad take a peek at the account.

Mordo

Post by Mordo »

Well,it was my Iolo anti virus.Don't know how or why,but Brad pretty much agreed that it was something along those lines so a quick uninstall and it was fixed.My divx and Irfanview magically started functioning properly again.The reason I quit Mcaffee after many years was their complete takover of my browser,disallowing me access to the web.Thanks for the help guys.I should have known.Now I have no anti-virus.
Stoopid computers.... :roll:

Quaternion

Post by Quaternion »

If you are now in need of antivirus software that works with drakkar, I recommend Anti Virus Gaurd. There is even have a free edition. I have never had any issues with this and drakkar or any other software.

Quaternion.

Merlin

Post by Merlin »

Avast, its free for home use and daily updates. awesome protection and very lightweight.
Elessar: karbeck is a sweety

Mordo

Post by Mordo »

I appreciate the suggestions.I'll dig around and find more info on those.Frankly I don't trust any of them now.Everything you buy now a days is a scam or bundled with junk you didn't need or ask for.Freakin google toolbar is hid in every game or app I buy.I expect that from free downloads such as Divx but I'm sick of paying for it.But the good news is some nice lady called today and is going to extend the warranty on my old 91 olds, :lol:
Peace