Sense not working correctly

Any tech issues can be posted here.
Terrel

Sense not working correctly

Post by Terrel »

Some great changes, Brad!

1 noted issue, however, is that "sense" no longer works as it did. When I use it, the item description pops up in the yellow box (as if I'd examined it w/o sense), but any additional attributes that would only be revealed using "sense" are inconsistent in how they appear.

For instance, I'll sense a con bottle from Mormar, and I won't be able to tell whether it's an NL con or a nork con.

Seems like sense worked correctly last night, but not this morning, fwiw.

Brad
Admin
Admin

Re: Sense not working correctly

Post by Brad »

So, it worked after the new version was up, but stopped working last night? That doesnt make much sense (smile).

Can you get some more details for me?

Tirith
Title: The Raging Darge

Post by Tirith »

The change to sense didnt look to me to be a bug but rather a new change to the sense system.. When you Sense an Item.. you are given the physical description in a pop up window.. Similar to double clicking.. and receive the "sensed" properties of the item in the actual game scroll... This minimizes the amount of useless clutter in the game scroll... however if sensing many items.. it can run together and get a bit confusing..

In the instance of sensing cons from mormar....

If you sense a nork con.. in the game window you will see that it will increase your constitution.. However the way you distinguished these before was that sensing an NL con.. You would receive the same description as a nork con, with the exception that it doesnt give the sensed value of increasing your con. So now your scroll either shows increase con or shows nothing.. so if you sense an NL con.. you receive a popup description and no sensed values in the game scroll.

Not sure if I explained that well enough.

Darge
Title: The Raging Storm

Post by Darge »

This is a "problem" stemming from the newly introduced Drakkar2 Banker and Questing system. The new FE itself is what actually causes the change.

When the game would use the scroll chat to describe an item (#look at XXX's loincloth, or #sense) it uses the pop up instead.

I'd like to see it reverted to the original Drakkar handling, and NL Con's be given a unique description when sensed also, for good measure.
SIN
My father was a wolf, I'm a kinsman of the slain, Sworn to rise again
I will bring salvation, punishment and pain, The hammer of hate is our faith
Power and dominion are taken by the will, By divine right hail and kill

trav: you bad bad girl

Terrel

Post by Terrel »

[quote="Brad"]So, it worked after the new version was up, but stopped working last night? That doesnt make much sense (smile).

[quote]

Ah, I probably sensed an NL con the last time, and a Nork con the first time. Er, vice versa. Hence the "change".

Either way, agreed with Darge, would be nice to give NL cons a different description.

Migam

Post by Migam »

... and hopefully, not a change such as bottle description but rather to sensed contents to be certain what it's filled with. A new type of bottle with one ounce of fluid isn't enough.

*waits for the day that NL str and agi go to base 25 ;) *
Starfire: There are two wolves fighting in each man's heart. One is Love, the other is Hate.
Ghost: Which one wins?
Starfire: The one you feed the most.
---Pathfinder

Poldarn

Post by Poldarn »

**waits for the day that temporal flux items no longer exist**