missing tiers...

Any tech issues can be posted here.
niko

missing tiers...

Post by niko »

So when I first realized my MA was missing bear claw, I was slightly annoyed but laughed it off because a 75/37 MA missing bear claw is kind of funny. Tonight I noticed another crit starting to get the "you don't know that discipline" spam... and after checking all my crits I'm missing at least 4 tiers. MA is missing bear claw and spiked edge, ment is missing TSS, and pally is missing wave of good.

Anyone else having similar problems lately? And any chance these can be replaced?

~niko

Terrel

Re: missing tiers...

Post by Terrel »

Niko,

I had the same problem a couple of months back. My healer lost Avatar Health. Was very weird. No idea what caused it.

niko

Post by niko »

Doh, that sucks Terrel. Avatar Health is the one I'm most afraid I'm going to lose... took me forever to find that for my healer.

Were they able to look at the logs and see you did indeed have it at one time and replace it? Or was it "too bad so sad"?

niko

Post by niko »

Well just got the word from Mars that they don't track tiers and I'll just need to find new scrolls... which is rather ridiculous considering barb field tiers are some of the only 'rare' items in game.

I guess I shouldn't be surprised, but this is a new low for Drakkar... most expensive yet least updated online game... I can deal with... but randomly losing things due to game bugs and nothing being done about it? What's the point of even trying to advance in a game like that?

Tirith
Title: The Raging Darge

Post by Tirith »

This is pretty messed up... A bug causing you to lose tiers.. Who has time to farm up tiers they have gotten a long time ago to replace just because some bug that doesnt get tracked shows up? This game needs a fine tuning in customer service... I know anytime something happens that nobody agrees with.. people start talking about how much they pay for this game.. And why things should be done because of that... But really.. the people keeping this game running and keeping money in brads pocket are the ones paying for 4-5-6 accounts.

I spent too many countless hours hunting barbarians for tiers.. I finally got them all.. I do not want to have to go back and hunt for however many hours for to replace something a bug caused me to lose.. Could we please hear from a customer service representative that cares about the players, we do PAY real cash to play.

New content is great, we love new content... but between new content please fix the bugs.

Darge
Title: The Raging Storm

Post by Darge »

niko wrote:Well just got the word from Mars that they don't track tiers and I'll just need to find new scrolls... which is rather ridiculous considering barb field tiers are some of the only 'rare' items in game.
No offense to Mars, but you're talking to the wrong person. E-mail Brad, there's a chance he has a backup of said crit that still has the tier learned, in order to verify and create you a scroll.

If he doesn't, perhaps he'll take your word that you did have the higher end tiers and replace them.
SIN
My father was a wolf, I'm a kinsman of the slain, Sworn to rise again
I will bring salvation, punishment and pain, The hammer of hate is our faith
Power and dominion are taken by the will, By divine right hail and kill

trav: you bad bad girl

niko

Post by niko »

Which brings up another problem these days -- you shouldn't get different results based on who you talk to about a bug. They should have a clear stance on known bugs that they follow and anything outside of this should get escalated to Brad. Customer service 101...

Darge
Title: The Raging Storm

Post by Darge »

I'm not saying that Brad will do anything different about the issue, just that bugs, especially ones like this, would best be fielded through him.

Mars' stance makes sense given his inability to check backups to verify the tiers were lost. It's slightly unreasonable to think he'll just take a person's word and give them a tier/item/etc.
SIN
My father was a wolf, I'm a kinsman of the slain, Sworn to rise again
I will bring salvation, punishment and pain, The hammer of hate is our faith
Power and dominion are taken by the will, By divine right hail and kill

trav: you bad bad girl

Mars
Admin
Admin

Post by Mars »

Actually I have already escalated this to Brad.

niko

Post by niko »

I didn't expect him to do anything except most likely escalate it on to Brad... which he has apparently now done, but that's not at all what I was told earlier.

Migam

Post by Migam »

If game can track quests completed, make flags for tiers learned. Plant an NPC in NL Homlet, say, Tieros? who reteaches. Bad enough to lose tiers sacked to nodes and discoes.
Starfire: There are two wolves fighting in each man's heart. One is Love, the other is Hate.
Ghost: Which one wins?
Starfire: The one you feed the most.
---Pathfinder

Teh_Cheat

Post by Teh_Cheat »

I agree.

I'm sure Brad will replace them for you though. I don't see any reason why he wouldn't.
SIN

Skip

Post by Skip »

Is there any chance that some Baddie is doing a Primal Mind Wipe ?

~Buzz__KAM~

Merlin

Post by Merlin »

Also let it be noted that my Paladin is missing Wave of Good.

I'll e-mail brad.
Elessar: karbeck is a sweety

nonametruckdr

Post by nonametruckdr »

Any one know why the tier loss or is it just a random bug issue??? my healer lost Avitar health the other day just wandering. :evil:

Pancho

Post by Pancho »

My healer lost subdural strike. It annoying to spend many hours looking for foreman to kill and hope he drops one. Also I know a skill 40 healer who is missing "Aid". No matter which trainer I take him to, it doesn' work.

Skip

Post by Skip »

Odd that this has re-surfaced after 4 years...