Possible Skill problem

Any tech issues can be posted here.
Eclipz

Possible Skill problem

Post by Eclipz »

While in Forgottens today with 7 other people i noted something that has me worried about paladin skill gains. While killing with 2 ments, 1 barb, 1 thief, 2 paladins, 1 MA i noticed a HUGE difference in skill gains

While i was getting .08 - .7% between skill checks the others were obtaining 6-9%. Maybe its just me and maybe its because others get more killing blows, but even at that rate i should see atleast 3-4% i believe.

Would any of the coders be able to check and see whats up? I greatly appreciate any reply that comes, be it that its all in my head or that there really is a problem but we do not know how to fix it.

Eclipz

Darge
Title: The Raging Storm

Re: Possible Skill problem

Post by Darge »

Do per kill skill checks, solo and while in a party.

It actually sounds like you weren't in the party and only got skill from the killshots you actually made.
SIN
My father was a wolf, I'm a kinsman of the slain, Sworn to rise again
I will bring salvation, punishment and pain, The hammer of hate is our faith
Power and dominion are taken by the will, By divine right hail and kill

trav: you bad bad girl

RayonMazter

Post by RayonMazter »

I can verify, along with others that he was in the party for several hundred kills.
I too, found the gains to be really goofy. Lower characters who were doing nothing, gaining extremely high rates of skill, while anyone higher (and doing some killing) gaining maybe 1-2%/hour rate in forgs? Something seems off. 5% skill gain an hour is pretty bad and we can't even achieve that most of the time with ridiculously fast kill rates in several areas in the game that one would normally expect to be good skill, even with ugh and gold.

It seems we need to go to areas much more powerful than we could survive with high-end characters to do the work for us to gain any remotely fair (not great, just fair) skill.

The whole game truly seems to support leaching - which is funny, because although it is against the rules to leach, the systems within the game sure do seem to support and even require it in many cases. Damned if you do, damned if you dont.

Eclipz

Post by Eclipz »

Sorry for the late reply, college caught up with me and there for awhile it was hard to keep my head above water.

As for the skill gains. Yes i was in the party and present for 100% of the killing, no i did not die at any point that would constitute a loss of skill being gained. It was strange, thats the best way to put it, and since paying attention to it more and more it i have noticed more and more of what ray pointed out.

Characters within groups i attended that do little or sometimes nothing at all damage wise gain like mad, I have always been told that Killing blows counted the most against skill yet one KB out of 35 mobs should not be granting more skill then my 9-13 Kbs in said zoo. I have also taken into account that it will take less for someone lower then i to gain Said % of skill but even at that rate those of us whom have experience this are losing out. shouldn't we be gaining at atleast even rates if not more?

Omni
Admin
Admin

Post by Omni »

Skill gain is relative to the difficulty of the creature you are facing and your own skill. Eventually as your skills improve, the same creatures simply do not offer your character the same challenge that they used to and therefore you do not learn as quickly as you used to. Of course, if you spend enough time in an area you will eventually learn enough to advance your skill.

Imagine what it would be like trying to get to level 18 hunting exclusively in the Nork dungeons, level 1 and that will help you understand the concept.

Omni
Account and Billing issues: help@drakkarzone.com
E-mail: Omni.sysop@gmail.com
Twitter: @OmniSysop
http://www.facebook.com/omni.sysop
Send me Ideas, Suggestions, Bugs or Complaints!
Event Mailing list, send me an email with TELL ME OMNI in the subject!