Game Crash

Any tech issues can be posted here.
Moebius

Re: Game Crash

Post by Moebius »

Game Down again... !! why is there more crashes lately ?

Mars
Admin
Admin

Post by Mars »

One of the servers is suffering hardware issues. Brad is working on a replacement

Moebius

Post by Moebius »

So is he replacing it today, or down the road at some point ?

i try and come on for off peak hours hunting to reduce lag, and to have better selection of hunting areas, some of the items that I and my guild are needing are best hunted during off peak hours.. also, will there be given consideration of compensation for paid time that isn't 'able' to be played ? been what 3-4 days in the past month ?

Thanks

Moebius

Post by Moebius »

Seems to me that in the interest of keeping his client base/money coming in, he should arrange some sort of backup plan or server to take the load off the faulty one.. and seeing how this isnt exactly a surprise crash..

So is there an estimated time that Brad is gonna duct tape the Existing server to be back up and running, and what timeline are we looking at for 'resuming' sporatic operation ?

*sends Brad a case of Duct Tape*

Martialarts

Post by Martialarts »

Brad never talks about Money Moe.. he is evil like that :evil: :twisted:

Omni
Admin
Admin

Post by Omni »

We apologize for all the issues we've had lately regarding the lobby server. Brad is working on getting a replacement server.

I'll think of a more creative way to say 'sorry', keep an eye out in the game! ;-)
Account and Billing issues: help@drakkarzone.com
E-mail: Omni.sysop@gmail.com
Twitter: @OmniSysop
http://www.facebook.com/omni.sysop
Send me Ideas, Suggestions, Bugs or Complaints!
Event Mailing list, send me an email with TELL ME OMNI in the subject!

RayonMazter

Post by RayonMazter »

I assume with brad hosting the servers at his business on his line isn't helping either. Would it hurt to rent a cheap dedicated server until the issue is fixed for the supposed box?

It's not a huge issue right now, but if it keeps occuring there's probobly going to be an angry mob if there isn't some kind of backup plan soon.
One of the servers is suffering hardware issues. Brad is working on a replacement
By curiosity, may I ask what 'hardware' piece it is, and if one server, why the whole game?
I'm kind of lost. If it were the lobby server, you could throw aleria or an alt offline while trading the lobby on a working server to keep it up or even run 2 server applications on one box, lag is better than nihility.
I'll think of a more creative way to say 'sorry', keep an eye out in the game! ;-)
Such a champ =p
It's cool that you're doing that though.

Mars
Admin
Admin

Post by Mars »

Yes, it's the lobby server that is having issues. And it's not as easy as one thinks to just throw another server in to "take it's place" temporarily. Each server is fairly maxed out on what it can run. The lobby server handles much more than just being able to log in to the lobby.

Brad has a new server, but again, it takes time to replace. He can't just load it up and throw it in place. He has to run it for awhile to ensure there are not going to be any adverse side effects (bugs, crashes, etc) from the replacement.

We certainly do understand the fustration being felt, it affects us and our ability to provide service to all of you in the manner we (I) wish.

Omni and I are working on a means to lessen the pain this has caused. (stay tuned)

Omni
Admin
Admin

Post by Omni »

I actually suggested to Brad that he replace his old hampsters, get a bigger wheel and put Mars in it instead - he could call it the 'Drakkarzone Health Plan' since healthcare seems to be such a big deal over there ;-)
Account and Billing issues: help@drakkarzone.com
E-mail: Omni.sysop@gmail.com
Twitter: @OmniSysop
http://www.facebook.com/omni.sysop
Send me Ideas, Suggestions, Bugs or Complaints!
Event Mailing list, send me an email with TELL ME OMNI in the subject!

RayonMazter

Post by RayonMazter »

Sweet news, thanks. So brad does have the new box already, that's good to hear [read].
seems to be such a big deal over there ;-)
Where are you from omni?

Darge
Title: The Raging Storm

Post by Darge »

Lobby is up.
SIN
My father was a wolf, I'm a kinsman of the slain, Sworn to rise again
I will bring salvation, punishment and pain, The hammer of hate is our faith
Power and dominion are taken by the will, By divine right hail and kill

trav: you bad bad girl

Moebius