NOTHING NEW

Any tech issues can be posted here.
Teh_Cheat

Re: NOTHING NEW

Post by Teh_Cheat »

(Yawn)

Do you believe everything you hear Atom? =)

I heard you love the Jonas Brothers. Must be true.

Atom
Title: Member Stylish Club

Post by Atom »

LOL I didnt call anyone out, u just called yourself out buddy boy

Atom

Post by Atom »

Im not even talking about all the people who used TSS in forge to skill to 38. Just saying now its easier to skill in BDC. What are you talking about?

Teh_Cheat

Post by Teh_Cheat »

I called myself out?

If I already heard that crap before you posted, then why wouldn't I assume any part of that was directed at me or my guildmates, Buddy Boy. =)

And if you weren't talking about using TSS in forge ( which we don't even have a mentatlist ) then why would you say "unlike some who can't say that"

Obviously, you were making a reference to people unLEGITMATELY getting skill 38 when I don't recall you even being around at that point in time.

Atom

Post by Atom »

you dont deny, u just reply, keep on talking cause no one cares

basically, I dont care what anyone else did, if someone else cheats I dont care, I know that I can get skill 38 legitimatly, so basically I was saying, it will be nice to do it legitimatly, and be able to say that cause I know there are people who cant and lots of them

Teh_Cheat

Post by Teh_Cheat »

If you didn't care you would have never said anything. =)

Darge
Title: The Raging Storm

Post by Darge »

Atom wrote:LOL I didnt call anyone out, u just called yourself out buddy boy
Hate to break the news to you cupcake, but he can't call himself out if he isn't guilty of it. He can on the other hand respond to simps making dumb innuendo all he wants until someone important stops him.

And TSS/TFS in forge for sk 38? Sounds like you're a little more familiar with the abuse than we were; did you just call yourself out?! Oh wait, you actually weren't even around then; have fun with the parrot act.
SIN
My father was a wolf, I'm a kinsman of the slain, Sworn to rise again
I will bring salvation, punishment and pain, The hammer of hate is our faith
Power and dominion are taken by the will, By divine right hail and kill

trav: you bad bad girl

Brenem

Post by Brenem »

Just tossing in my 2 cents worth.

I like the discovery part more then the killing part of this game.

sure, having rare items and hard to get items is also a nice part, but , for me it is the adventure.

That said, I think mini hunts(puzzles) for rare items should be more common.

Brenem

Merlin

Post by Merlin »

Damn, only one thing missing from this thread.......

C'mon Frozboz...where ya hidin? : <g>

On a more serious note though, I stopped playing a long time ago. for various reasons (the main one I got my account perm-banned)

I check forums every now and then. Looked at this and thought to myself that nothings changed, most of that stuff was still there when I stopped playing.

For example, there is only 7,8,12 & 13 on that list that are new additions.

As the first ment with Illumic Hammer this was reported to brad long ago, and surprise, its still the same. The Advanced Jungle Bow(I'm assuming this is the finished bow after all parts collected etc....) I was also first to acquire that item, and its still broke!

I wont list them all :-/

everything else on the list I encountered back when I played, nearly all of them I have first hand experience of.

So instead of chewing Rodri out it seems there some value to what he's asking. (took alot for me to say that since I don't like him)

Fact is it can be bard to see where your $$ is going when nothing seems to be getting fixed. I'd assume there is plenty more issues that are not on that list, I can think of a few that I'd bet they're not fixed.

ps, hello to all those people that remember me, Jin, Layla, Cobra hows it going ;)
Elessar: karbeck is a sweety

Darge
Title: The Raging Storm

Post by Darge »

Not that you probably care, but the two 'bugs' you cited specifically aren't broken.

Illuminic Hammer may have never been broken; people are just not testing a wide enough array things (go figure). Omni's newest post indicates pretty much that too.

Gdh2 bow has been slightly revamped, and although Omni's Known Issues post incorrectly states it gives the fire/ice prot it should, all of the other facets are working.
SIN
My father was a wolf, I'm a kinsman of the slain, Sworn to rise again
I will bring salvation, punishment and pain, The hammer of hate is our faith
Power and dominion are taken by the will, By divine right hail and kill

trav: you bad bad girl

RayonMazter

Post by RayonMazter »

Almost a month old, but I can't resist.

As much as I love debates on updates, as i'm VERY experienced in purchasing software, and subscribing to services with many future promises that never meet the surface, I don't quite agree on this one.

Before brad, in IEN, I don't think anyone ever thought there would be another update. When brad took over, a good chunk of us weren't happy with a lot of the changes, but at least there were updates, and additional content/media added.

This is very much an indy project anymore, and from that you can't expect what you STILL wouldn't get from rich commercial companies. Brad doesn't make many promises, but the ones he does make seem to rise soon or later.

In million-player mmorpg's you'll hit the end of the game in 1/10 the time you will in drakkar, and wait just as long for any expansions (minus EQ1 - they are crazy). By complaining about this, it can only influence that the next content release be more grinding instead of any such casual play whatsoever, so it will last long enough that he won't need to hear any whines. I would personally like to enjoy the casual adventuring aspect a bit more than any more grinding.

Possible problems with running out of things to do:
1. If you play too much, get a hobby to split the time.
2. If you don't have a job, think about getting one.
3. If you leeched to 50/25+ ?? ofcourse you're not going to enjoy yourself now.

Mordo
Title: Master

Post by Mordo »

Well,alot of us couldn't grumble about anything that brad does or does not do.I started playing around '97 I think.I made my first payment to Brad somewhere around 2006.Most of those years I had access to 2 or 3 alts and if memory serves,that included Aleria.In that sense,I owe alot to Brad and the gang.

Reading this post made me realize just how true the old saying is,"The more things change,the more they stay the same."
If the complaints seem to be falling on deaf ears,it's because a bunch of us played drak back when it took years of slaving just to reach skill 16 on a F/M or thief.
Now,I'm old and don't like change alot,but this game is a far cry from what it was,but somehow has managed to hang on to that old school feel that keeps drawing old timers like me and Merlin back,Lol.And I'm willing to bet that alot of these newer guys will be coming back time and again for years to come. :lol:

Mordo
Title: Master

Post by Mordo »

Mordo wrote:"The more things change,the more they stay the same."
http://www.geocities.com/areyekuwe/flaggpost.html
I thought this was appropriate;

Subject: Re: New Beginning
Date: 24 Jan 2002 20:34:08 GMT
Newsgroups: mpgn.drakforum.general

Rolling up a new crit wouldnt solve anything, if you understood my post Terrell. If you're alone in the new beginning, there is no competition, no uniqueness.

Imagine day one of grimoor now.. It's released, and HUNDREDS of skill 25- 30 crits with massive PWS or PWD, or elance or whatever maxxed out spell line invade the castle, (US, the current player base). People will get lost in the shuffle, much the way it happens when the old Mega-lairs were released. Hope youre not on vacation that day, or out of town on work for 2 days, and you miss the fun!

As Nub says, Grimoor will be "solved" or outgrown very soon with so many uber crits running around. Will some it's glamour be lost if everyone floods into Grimoor on day one? I think yes. I think a mad scramble to see who can grow a crit that can survive there would be an amazing concept. But a whole bunch of identical, clone huge crits will waltz in simultaneously.

Today it seems guilds are essentially useless. Back when I began, JIHAD and RIP were the ONLY guilds with Sliths, and you gasped in awe when you saw Chakka walking around with a sabre. JIHAD and RIP didn't do lairs for others like today. I miss that. With the proper guild unity, re-building a crit wouldn't be that difficult, and it would seperate the guilds by their skill in building, or playing. The first guild to take down the RD would equip their members with the scales, and there would be some competition amongst us. Now we do a Lori, call everyone thats on your ICQ, a moshposh of guilds, friends, whoever, what's the purpose of a tag? Ok, who wants to stun Reggie, blah, blah.. who wants to disarm Chipper. There are lots of choices who can. I bet the new generation doesnt even know the gear to exist in these lairs, before they were completely neutered by our massive PWS or disarm, or whatever to make the lair essentially brain- dead.

Who would be the first guild to see Aleria? Imagine the excitement when you hear of the rumors of the first guild to reach Grimoor!! A brand new segment, that people had to work together to achieve! LOL, how many people would have to learn the run to Reggie, or try to survive without the hundreds of MT ments running around today. Today's new generation is cheated out of so much, missing the initial conquering of the Nork segment. A very large attraction to his would be Randy or Brad making tweaks/changes to the segments as we grew into them. Change the Evil quest in Aleria. Change the attributes of Reggie, change lots of things.. They would have the time as we were getting to the lairs once again.

Not to single out BJ, no offense to JIHAD's largest ment, I just don't recall who was first, but BJ was a God when he hit skill 21 and got MT.. It meant something. He had people lined up to offer him STR pots for an MT for their group. (Blackjack always reminded me that he didn't charge a STR pot, but gladly accepted the donation)

My ramblings are complete. I didn't mean to offend, Terrell. I also don't want this turning into a who did what initially, I just recall RIP and JIHAD being the largest when I began, and the rest looked with envy at their gear. Today, who doesnt have a reggie? Who doesnt own a sabre? I hear rumor that guilds were forbidden to assist on power- gearlairs then as well, securing the guilds uniquness, which was cool. FURY would do that this time around when we're the first to do Mama :) I just offer the idea, an idea which will improve Drak in the long run, in my opinion.

Flagg FURY
(Edit)
Imagine that.A massive rebuild,from scratch,Lol.
To quote John Lennon,"Imagine allll the people..."
Peace
Mordo