The Kingdom of Drakkar

The Kingdom of Drakkar
It is currently Thu Apr 24, 2014 2:53 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: have any luck?
PostPosted: Wed May 31, 2006 10:16 am 

Have any luck with those bugs last night Brad?

PostPosted: Wed May 31, 2006 11:33 am 
Admin
Admin

I'm still stumped on the exp/skill drain thing. The amount that was lost doesnt even exist in the game, from anything other than a high end enchant.

The amount was crazy high. like 190megs apparently. Everywhere in the game (except high end enchant) i drain exp i check for the MAX_EXP_LOSS which is 50meg. I'm still looking.

Fixed a few others, like the +4 ring is +4/+4 now (typo), and dropped all the crits in the intro area another 2 skill levels and reduced their damage.

Someone mentioned something about swamppanthers doing too much "acid" damage, but i dont see them even having acidbreath. haha.

PostPosted: Wed May 31, 2006 11:51 am 

Oh I can confirm that swampcats do have acidbreath or something that acts like it (may be a primal AE ability that acts like acidbreath?) but 3 of them casted it in the same round and one rounded me which was quite fun. But as long as its just 1 the damage really isn't all that bad and historically my MA takes way more damage to psionics then most other classes who I happen to be hunting with. Considering i was getting preparatory gue on me all the time and it only landed on someone else once or twice (from the ppl i was with). Must be that MA nerf you typed in the other night?

As for the exp/skill drain, If you take the drain off of him completely does he still do it? Maybe his weapon procs cast Enchant+9. (joke).

Last edited by Pepma on Wed May 31, 2006 11:52 am, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Wed May 31, 2006 11:57 am 

I didn't see any +4 rings anywhere. ( Only one I saw was the one you trade the needler heart in for. )

Swampcats did around 1400 damage each acidbreath, but they probably only casted it a few times every 10 rounds. It wasn't that often that they casted it, but they're the ones with it for sure.

PostPosted: Wed May 31, 2006 4:35 pm 

Title: The Raging Storm
Maybe swamppanthers dont have acid breath, because, as the above posts say, the npc name is actually swampcat. Just a guess. Ie, you might be searching the wrong crit if both names exist.

Power and dominion are taken by the will, By divine right hail and kill

trav: you bad bad girl

Last edited by Darge on Wed May 31, 2006 4:35 pm, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Wed May 31, 2006 6:22 pm 

Title: Meh.
aye, wasn't swamppanther dealing acid damage, but swampcat, and as previously mentioned, was around 1400+ damage from acid(casting it around every other round to every third round)

Also, i'm not sure when, but i don't think skill gain after the initial release was affected, but after monday evening i no longer seem to gain thief skill in decaying lands, so would guess something that was "fixed" from sundays results good place to start looking at gains being screwed up.

Last edited by Cheese on Wed May 31, 2006 8:21 pm, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Mon Mar 17, 2008 12:13 am 

Title: Member Stylish Club
Brad wrote:
I'm still stumped on the exp/skill drain thing. The amount that was lost doesnt even exist in the game, from anything other than a high end enchant.

The amount was crazy high. like 190megs apparently. Everywhere in the game (except high end enchant) i drain exp i check for the MAX_EXP_LOSS which is 50meg. I'm still looking.

Fixed a few others, like the +4 ring is +4/+4 now (typo), and dropped all the crits in the intro area another 2 skill levels and reduced their damage.

Someone mentioned something about swamppanthers doing too much "acid" damage, but i dont see them even having acidbreath. haha.

Did you happen to exchange those older needler rings that were +7 for the ones that are instead +7/+7? Just noticed that I have a +7 one.

Post subject: Re: have any luck?
PostPosted: Mon Mar 17, 2008 12:33 am 

I got my needlers on either the first or second run of GDH and both are 7/7. I don't recall ever seeing a plain +7 one. That's weird though.

PostPosted: Mon Mar 17, 2008 2:25 am 

Title: The Raging Darge
I remember them being only +7, but I don't think he made any exchanges. But it has been awhile.

PostPosted: Tue Mar 18, 2008 12:54 am 

Title: Member Stylish Club
Ok, thats fine. Was just wondering, guess its back to hunting for some needler hearts. Been a looong time since I played prolly since like may 2006 so I didnt even realize I HAD a needler ring when I logged back in. Found it in my GH locker<G>