The Kingdom of Drakkar

The Kingdom of Drakkar
It is currently Fri Apr 18, 2014 4:25 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 112 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5
 Post subject: Re: SDC Tuning Thread
PostPosted: Sun Apr 22, 2012 7:04 am 

<blank stare>

Dunno how it works but I am nearly sk39 thievery and agi 55 geared on theif.

I lasted longer because they would move onto hex before attacking vs. charging, maybe I just got the nicer ones lol.

At 2 hexes, I don't think they see me, they may have randomly moved to my hex. Maybe in the past, it was one that moved to 1hex then charged and I assume it saw me at 2hexes.

At 1 hex, they moved onto my hex but not like right away, more like I blinked and they saw.

I can just survive 2 hits (total 3500 damage) but not 3 esp. since they double-swing. I don't have AA gear; I use Marton and BNR for my agi-dependance which aren't going to stop much damage) so I will have to go for that last 10% and see if sk39 will knock the 1hex blink to no-blink. Tiering down to little hp, without much room when there are 3+ crits there leaves me very little time when I have to move constantly.

But, hey, I lasted longer and got 1 crit to half-dead :D

Edit: Just remembered I'm not at stat cap so maybe agi65 will make a difference. 50 rounds is 2 minutes?

---Pathfinder

PostPosted: Mon Jul 09, 2012 12:35 pm 

I drank a Grand Agi brew though I'm capped at 65 so I gained only 10 agi more. It barely made a difference in sdc2 though I blinked less at 1 hex, got nailed once but onhex, I'm toast. So much for farming new tiers as a thief.

I'll have to what was suggested and get my healer to sdc2, cast Aid on thief in town, hunt, run back, rinse/repeat. Survival and tuning is based on having the best gear from the previous area and without AA stuff, it's like hunting Cob with Nork gear. My +3BNR is like tissue paper and I don't want to lose 2 agi wearing a 2nd Marton robe. This is why I wish for a non-party zone where I can gradually grow and live. I can't grow enough to hit the new stat cap solo.

I am taking less damage for now, thanks for that tune-up :) . I looked at the Vnotes and see there are new drops like rings in early SDC. I hope that doesn't mean early SDC2.

I'm also very happy with 300-round brew as it makes it viable to sack a few of these now vs. refusing to lose a lot of space that could be for IH. Maybe an idea for a thief skill ability would be halving or removing the hp use from tiers so we can save the IH for actual damage.

---Pathfinder

PostPosted: Tue Jul 10, 2012 11:45 pm 
Admin
Admin

Thanks for the feedback!

PostPosted: Wed Jul 11, 2012 7:52 pm 

Migam wrote:
I'm also very happy with 300-round brew as it makes it viable to sack a few of these now vs. refusing to lose a lot of space that could be for IH. Maybe an idea for a thief skill ability would be halving or removing the hp use from tiers so we can save the IH for actual damage.

IH could stand to heal for more than 1000, or add a couple more potions to vendor that cost more but heal for more.

PostPosted: Wed Jul 11, 2012 10:54 pm 
Admin
Admin

I'm actually looking into a way of making "better" IH potions that work the same way as existing potions. I'll move that up the list a bit.

Brad

PostPosted: Fri Jul 13, 2012 2:01 pm 

Someone wise once told me not to drink any wooden healing potions. Don't you think it would have been wise to make basic fixes (like this) to the game before emailing expired subscription holders to come try the game again? I distinctly remember it *not* being fun running back to town every 2 minutes because I could only carry 20-30 largely ineffectual heal potions, and my paladin's self-heal becoming useless due to a limit being placed on how many hp it could bring you to. The forums still seem to reflect a game that is largely neglected by its caretakers. Can any of you make a convincing statement that this isn't the case and that the game is worth another try?

PostPosted: Fri Jul 13, 2012 4:34 pm 

Title: The Raging Darge
This has actually been addressed already, as there are 2k IH potions in early NL, and 3k IH potions in the advanced area.
Brad only fixes things as they come to his attention, (remember he is a one man team running the whole show) and the biggest problem is that alot of players just accept things the way they are without bringing anything to his attention, thus things like this go unchanged for a long time. But brad is certainly working hard on bug fixes, new content, mobile/web development, he has his hands full and alot of projects he is working on at one time. But he certainly deserves another chance for previous players who once loved this game to give it another try

PostPosted: Sat Jul 14, 2012 7:19 pm 
Admin
Admin

I was also toying with something where "DRINK" would take a multi potion bottle, drink it, and put it back in the slot you dragged from... im not sure of all
the wierdness that would cause though ( Talking about *DRINK ).

After we get a bit more settled in with all the current changes we shoul revisit this.

PostPosted: Sun Aug 26, 2012 7:16 am 

Migam wrote:
I drank a Grand Agi brew though I'm capped at 65 so I gained only 10 agi more. It barely made a difference in sdc2 though I blinked less at 1 hex, got nailed once but onhex, I'm toast. So much for farming new tiers as a thief.

I'll have to what was suggested and get my healer to sdc2, cast Aid on thief in town, hunt, run back, rinse/repeat. Survival and tuning is based on having the best gear from the previous area and without AA stuff, it's like hunting Cob with Nork gear. My +3BNR is like tissue paper and I don't want to lose 2 agi wearing a 2nd Marton robe. This is why I wish for a non-party zone where I can gradually grow and live. I can't grow enough to hit the new stat cap solo.

I am taking less damage for now, thanks for that tune-up :) . I looked at the Vnotes and see there are new drops like rings in early SDC. I hope that doesn't mean early SDC2.

Finally sk39 and with 63 agi due to cob gear, etc., I can hide completely in the gnome area. Then I climbed up and got 1 hex from a devourer.... that's many rounds of poison!

I can only imagine this is going to get worse when I finally get that key to go deeper. I'll have to live in gnomes til 81/42 so I have the skill and agi to stay hidden to get to new solo area since I have to guess it's deeper. I know I can get a ride but I don't want to get stripped there, lose twig and not be able to get a ride back.

---Pathfinder

PostPosted: Mon Oct 08, 2012 1:05 pm 

Saw Vnotes todays and that all the classes have sk40 perks. I found ma and ment on page 2 and the new ones on page 3 cover barb, healer, pally.

Where are the fm and thief sk40 perks posted? I sure hope it's a party-friendly Dozens or rolling Poison Cloud :)

---Pathfinder

PostPosted: Mon Oct 08, 2012 4:06 pm 

Title: The Raging Darge
F/Ms have the same skill 40 perk as mentalists.....

PostPosted: Tue Oct 09, 2012 12:21 pm 

Guess I was hoping for something that's different but that's a great one to have.

Sk40 weap work or gotta be ment sk40? Dunno why I ask cause Im miles away from that.

---Pathfinder

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 112 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5