Quirk Ratio

Known Issues and Comments
srflynn64

Quirk Ratio

Post by srflynn64 »

I know that when you are gold you start getting quirks etc and if you have UGH you get a higher cap level.

at level 20 on gold you get 50 quirk points capped and with UGH you get 100 or so capped from what i read.

with the amount of quirk abilitys possible by level 20 on gold you are only able to max in 2 combat abilitys as they cost 5 each with a max of 5.

so as a barb, 4 of the combat quirks are usefull before even buying the class abilitys.
Improced Reflex
Improved Accuracy
Enhanced Armour
Enhanced Melee damage

if the rate of gains on the cap goes the same for this; it is going to be level 40 before he has maxed these particular abilitys and by time he is level 50-55 he will only have a few quirks spent on the barb class quirks.

surely the rate of buying a quirk of 5 points should then mean that 1 point of the cap is used, this would mean that 20 of the cap is used on these quirks at a cost of 100 quirk points.

And before the flaming starts about how a char could then be maxxed in all the abilitys quickly -
have it so that a gold payer can have the opportunity at being able to max there quirks and make use of there class quirks too, else they are going to be like level 80+ before they even get to max any single class ability

and before other say about paying for UGH on the slots - Some of us have to support more than 1 account (not all my own either)

Darge
Title: The Raging Storm

Replying to Topic 'Quirk Ratio'

Post by Darge »

As a lvl 75 paladin, I have all my class quirks done, and the 4 combat quirks you cited, done (the current qp cap). A non ugh player of my size would only be able to max half that. I don't see the problem.
SIN
My father was a wolf, I'm a kinsman of the slain, Sworn to rise again
I will bring salvation, punishment and pain, The hammer of hate is our faith
Power and dominion are taken by the will, By divine right hail and kill

trav: you bad bad girl

Demonaic

Post by Demonaic »

the only prob i see arising is if people waste quirks on stupid stuff like fixing con, haha
-------------------------------------
LadyTrash
aka Frodo
ICQ - 112870456
DZ - ThatCorpse999

srflynn64

Post by srflynn64 »

Originally posted by Darge

As a lvl 75 paladin, I have all my class quirks done, and the 4 combat quirks you cited, done (the current qp cap). A non ugh player of my size would only be able to max half that. I don't see the problem.
Darge - Im suprised you can get your head through the door. :p
try putting a bit more info into what you get at each level to support Quirks.

At level 18 there are 45 for gold
At level 19 there are 47
At 20 the are 50

At a gain rate like this it will take more than being level 38 to max gain just the combat quirks. Out of all the Class quirks i havn't even asked anyone about what they are like or anything as it is more important to max on these combat ones first.

I hear how people say about NL and how good it is etc etc etc, and how that with the quirks for the class you can manage this and that. but when these comments come from mainly people with UGH.

what im saying in the origional post is about a change to the ratio of what gains to the cap is for gold members or someone get more info on what you get at each level, coz there aint nowt in these forums and advertise it for people to see and then they have targets to set themselves.

Darge
Title: The Raging Storm

Post by Darge »

Darge - Im suprised you can get your head through the door. :p
Maybe next time I'll just be condescending to you rather than establish the credibility for my statement? I was trying to correct this
else they are going to be like level 80+ before they even get to max any single class ability
try putting a bit more info into what you get at each level to support Quirks
You *could* grow your crit and find out what the intervals are yourself, rather than expect someone who was far into high end growth when quirks were released to give anything other than high end input.
what im saying in the origional post is about a change to the ratio of what gains to the cap is for gold members or someone get more info on what you get at each level, coz there aint nowt in these forums and advertise it for people to see and then they have targets to set themselves.
Silver platter too?

Crap, there goes my ego again... ;)
SIN
My father was a wolf, I'm a kinsman of the slain, Sworn to rise again
I will bring salvation, punishment and pain, The hammer of hate is our faith
Power and dominion are taken by the will, By divine right hail and kill

trav: you bad bad girl

srflynn64

Replying to Topic 'Q

Post by srflynn64 »

Maybe next time I'll just be condescending to you rather than establish the credibility for my statement? I was trying to correct this
It was a joke, or cant ya see that!! :|
You *could* grow your crit and find out what the intervals are yourself, rather than expect someone who was far into high end growth when quirks were released to give anything other than high end input.
I didnt ask for someone at a high end growth before quirks to post about the high end input. Also i cant see you somehow RR your level 75 pally to redo everything just cause you know how many quirks you have.

The point of the post is for anyone at both low end and high end to try and give more info into the quirks that they are getting so that other people that have lower - mid end chars can see that for gold subs they can get something out of the quirk system.

If on gold you get to use the 5 points at every level i most likely would never have posted about this but the fact is, gold subscribers are not able to even do this as they only get an avererage of 2.5 capped quirks upto level 20, where you get to use the 5 with UGH.

noticed typo
Last edited by srflynn64 on Sun Nov 05, 2006 12:45 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Braindead

Post by Braindead »

Um...try getting higher than level 20, and maybe the quirk max rate will improve?