Silly Quirks!

Known Issues and Comments
Sand

Silly Quirks!

Post by Sand »

Everyone knows that I complain alot, its what I do.
Idea struck me in the midst of my temper tantrums.
As a thief, I use a fair share of IH, therefore - I complain. Woohoo. :p

A quirk that adds a slot onto the "consumer's" sack.
Each point spent adds one more slot up to perhaps 10 or 15?

Teh_Cheat

Replying to Topic 'Silly Quirks!'

Post by Teh_Cheat »

Maybe a quirk to reduce the damage from tastes?
SIN

Sand

Post by Sand »

Well. If I bothered maxxing I probably wouldn't complain, but I was thinking..

everyone could benefit from more slots in sacks. More pots, zaps, gems, etc.

Stormwind

Post by Stormwind »

But more slots would require a change to the FE no? The graphics would need to be changed along with any code that kept track of the # of items in a sack. A quirk reducing the cost of tastes would probably be much easier to create.

-Stormwind
"Time is the coin of your life. It is the only coin you have, and only you can determine how it will be spent. Be careful lest you let other people spend it for you."

Sand

Post by Sand »

Oh of course. I wouldnt ask brad to put a quirk in that would require a huge change in the FE. Not with so much other stuff going on. Oh well. My idea is moot.

Stormwind

Post by Stormwind »

Not saying that it isn't an interesting idea btw. Just thinking in terms of what is simpler to do from Brad's perspective and therefore more likely to happen.

-Stormwind
"Time is the coin of your life. It is the only coin you have, and only you can determine how it will be spent. Be careful lest you let other people spend it for you."

Migam

Post by Migam »

A quirk to reduce damage from using thief tiers does sound good but the other camp will look for one for reducing ep usage for psi quirks; I don't know if one already exists quirkwise :) . I seem to recall something about maybe adding new quirks but I've seen no more mention of it. I'd imagine it will require a new FE as Brad will have to increase the size of the quirk window; removing one quirk to make space to add another might annoy someone.

As far as a sack quirk, likely Brad will reason that loading up a sack with fungus bread could give you the equivalent of multiple sacks of IH... just as psi types hunt down roots or pay for the "overpriced" one. Of course, both fungus and roots require you waste time chasing em down or buying from others.. another timesink.
Starfire: There are two wolves fighting in each man's heart. One is Love, the other is Hate.
Ghost: Which one wins?
Starfire: The one you feed the most.
---Pathfinder

Gizmak666

Post by Gizmak666 »

Thief-only offhand hp uzi. Psi types already get their extra ep regen.. er, merk ammy. Thief types could get hp regen. Sticks with mondo hps get... mondo hps and should be left be :)

Oliveloaf__ICE

Sand

Post by Sand »

Originally posted by Migam

As far as a sack quirk, likely Brad will reason that loading up a sack with fungus bread could give you the equivalent of multiple sacks of IH... just as psi types hunt down roots or pay for the "overpriced" one. Of course, both fungus and roots require you waste time chasing em down or buying from others.. another timesink.
I'm not stating it just for the sake of heals or roots or and consumable goodies. I also mentioned holding more gems or other sackable drops. When looting, it's helpful.

Originally posted by Gizmak666

Thief-only offhand hp uzi. Psi types already get their extra ep regen.. er, merk ammy. Thief types could get hp regen. Sticks with mondo hps get... mondo hps and should be left be :)

Oliveloaf__ICE
I actually like that idea! Maybe we'll see something in GDH haha. -begins hoping-

Migam

Post by Migam »

Originally posted by Sand

I'm not stating it just for the sake of heals or roots or and consumable goodies. I also mentioned holding more gems or other sackable drops. When looting, it's helpful.
Err, sorry, focused on your 1st post and kinda missed that. I do like the idea for loot.. If Brad has to alter FE to add quirks, he can make a phantom sack #2 and your quirk idea would make em go from grey to avaiable slot by slot as the quirk is bought. Maybe make it thief only to annoy the rest ;P .

I like that hp-regen item as well. Another thought: As stick hp-regen improves with con, how about improving thief hp regen based on agi?
Starfire: There are two wolves fighting in each man's heart. One is Love, the other is Hate.
Ghost: Which one wins?
Starfire: The one you feed the most.
---Pathfinder

Teh_Cheat

Post by Teh_Cheat »

Originally posted by Gizmak666

Oliveloaf__ICE
Haha, nice, I like that idea also. The quirk idea for ep reduction was nice also Migam. ;)
SIN

Atom
Title: Member Stylish Club

Post by Atom »

Put a thief guild in NL, where they sell 2 oz ihs and maybe traps

Crusher

Post by Crusher »

Increase the Health Healed by IHs... I suggested this long ago...
You'll never win... PLEAD INSANITY!

Cheese
Title: Meh.

Post by Cheese »

imo a quirk to reduce thief tier/disc costs(say something like a 20 of 20 possible tier, cost 20 each, each point of the tier reduces thief's tier/disc costs by 2.5% so at max you have a 50% reduction to the hp cost) would be a good idea, could even make it a primal quirk for when they're introduced, or could replace quick shadow with it(not entirely sure if anyone even uses qs since lets face it, thief is a bs class, not a melee class)

ih's healing more doesn't do much for the thief, since running a set of dots costs less than 1000 hp anyways, we'll still use the same ammount of ih regardless, that suggestion only benefits other classes.