Combat quirk ideas.

Known Issues and Comments
Darge
Title: The Raging Storm

Combat quirk ideas.

Post by Darge »

More ideas...
Legendary Drinker- You have grown accustomed to Stans, instead of leaving you woozy, the drink now bolsters your strength and fortitude. (Temp. +2 str/con) Duration of temp disc based on number of times purchased. Lvl 10 Req. (Not sure if this one is too much for drakkar's family friendly orientation, but hey, the drink is in game <G> )

Balm Affinity- Increase the ammount regained by healing potions up to 50% more than normal Lvl 25 Req.

Shadow Sight- Allows you to more easily see hidden enemies and characters (up to an equivalent of +5 levels) Lvl 30 req.

Mental Fortitude- Resist the psionic stun disks of enemies more easily (up to an equivalent of +5 levels) Level 25 req.

Protective Enhancement- The natural energy in your body increases the effectiveness of psionic prot equipment up to 10% more than normal. Lvl 50 req.

Secret Sign- You have learned the secret hand symbol of your brotherhood (Allows access to class specific quests) This is an odd one, and to be honest I dont know how it could be implemented smoothly.

Quirks requiring quest flaggings to be purchased. For an example, mental fortitude. A Cob questor might ask you to seek out their norken brother and bring him the body of an n8 stunner so he can study the brain. This norken questor would then give you an item (research findings?) to take to the cob questor. Then the cob counterpart might ask you to bring him the corpse of blob's from ud1-5 (or maybe ningi) so he can study their anatomy, then he would flag you for the quirk. As another example, the legendary drinker quirk could have a pre-requisite of drinking 50 or 100 stans.
Last edited by Darge on Tue Mar 28, 2006 1:39 pm, edited 1 time in total.
SIN
My father was a wolf, I'm a kinsman of the slain, Sworn to rise again
I will bring salvation, punishment and pain, The hammer of hate is our faith
Power and dominion are taken by the will, By divine right hail and kill

trav: you bad bad girl

PieterPost

Replying to Topic 'Combat quirk ideas.'

Post by PieterPost »

Wooo, go Leifers, most seem cool! Gonna make a few comments..

I think Legendary Drinker could do with an added +2 agi on top of the +2 str/con (personally I think agi is a more useful stat than either str and con).

Balm Affinity seems cool though arguably less useful for healers and low-hp crits.

I think Shadow Sight and Mental Fortitude are really cool ideas but could do with a slightly larger effect, say +2 levels per point into it for a total of +10. Also I feel the level reqs are a bit steep as both of these quirks are especially useful at lower levels (mental fortitude in various areas of nork and ud, shadow sight in pillars/upper). For mental fortitude I guess I would suggest a lvl 15 req and for shadow sight a lvl 20 req (bear in mind that at these low levels your "qp capacity" is very limited, thus so are your choices).

Protective Enhancement sounds really cool too, but again I feel the effect could be a bit steeper (look at your average gear; is an added 10% that much?). Perhaps a 5% bonus for each point into it for a total of 25%.

Secret sign sounds awesome. Though I can't see Brad working on any class specific quests any time soon, I guess said quests could have a minimum requirement of points purchased in Secret Sign, and the quest reward or effect would reflect this somehow. To illustrate for ments (this is not actually a suggestion as I've thought about it for all of 5 seconds; just an example):

The first point into secret sign "activates" interaction with the questor, has you kill or fetch this or that, voila, an added +1 int to an item of your choice of a certain class of items (say, gauntlets). Upon completion the questor tells you to come back as soon as your perception has sharpened or some such.
The second point starts a new quest with the same questor for another +1 int reward, all through to the 5th point.

Of course, quests progressively become harder, and as soon as an item has been modified this way, the item becomes class-only. The reason it needs to be a specific class of items is to prevent people creating +5 items, rr'ing, creating some more, etc.

Of course, it needs not be restricted to a single questor or segment.

Really just throwing out ideas randomly now, I'll edit this post or make a more smooth reply if and when I've bothered to actually think this through.

Nemmywhammy