fire/ice dancing

Known Issues and Comments
Tirith
Title: The Raging Darge

fire/ice dancing

Post by Tirith »

before i placed points in fire dancing, i tested Firebreath on myself, being hit consistently for 135-136, and Nashs Fury, being hit for 1300 every time. after maxxing out the quirk, i retested, and firebreath now does 235-236 consistently, and nashs fury doing 1400 consistently.

Edit. maxed out ice dancing as well, neither quirks seem to work correctly.
Last edited by Tirith on Tue Feb 14, 2006 6:45 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Brad
Admin
Admin

Replying to Topic 'fire/ice dancing'

Post by Brad »

First, thanks for the testing.

One thing to note, is that only the non-primal fire based saves are affected by this ability (like from creature breath weapons etc), so the primal testings are not relevant.

Also, if you have the "specialty" version of each FIRESPEC/ICESPEC, you have invalidated your tests completely if your testing on yourself, because they cancel at more than a 2 to 1 rate. (Basically the latter can wash the former out)

Its not a good idea to test on yourself or another primal character, because their level is so high they are most likely making their save anyway.

To get a bit more into it, how many tests of FIREBREATH did you do (since its non primal) before and after? its x/100 so 30 or so would be a decent number.
Last edited by Brad on Wed Feb 15, 2006 11:21 am, edited 1 time in total.

Frozboz

Post by Frozboz »

That's an awful explaination.

What Tirith did was this:
Firebreath himself a bunch of times right before he bought fire dancing, got an average, then IMMEDIATELY AFTER he firebreathed himself - AFTER buying fire dancing, and then saw the average was higher.

The only thing that changed was the purchase of the fire/ice dancing quirk. You seem to assume he tested the first set months ago. He didn't.

Tirith
Title: The Raging Darge

Post by Tirith »

I do not have fire specialty or ice specialty quirks. I do however have fire manipulation quirk maxed out, which is the reason i took any damage to my own fire at all. i casted firebreath about 20 times, getting the same result every time, the one i posted. i then purchased the fire dancing quirk, and did the test again, and was taking exactly 100 more damage to the firebreath. I tested the primal tier too since I wasnt sure if it would affect them or not and noticed I was taking 100 more damage to that one also (Nashs Fury). I was not able to test ice dancing the same way because I have no quirks alloted into my ice manipulation and wasnt taking any damage at all, but I am willing to guess it is handled the same as fire dancing.

Brad
Admin
Admin

Post by Brad »

Cool, i'll set up a test case and step through the code and see what results I get. It all looks good, but who knows.

Drewstr

Post by Drewstr »

He also tested these on a non-primal character of mine, and yes, it was the same result. A difference of 100.
Auramancer
That WOLF is up to something SINister.