Enhanced Armor

Known Issues and Comments
landlubber

Enhanced Armor

Post by landlubber »

If I'm naked, and I get hit by weapons, like Kaldor's mace, that damage gear and receive the message "Your armor has been damaged", does it reduce the effectiveness of Enhanced Armor (no armor/cloaks/robes are actually being worn)? I got several of these messages while trying to damage a few weapons enough such that I could repair them to above average. I didn't think much about it at the time. But later when I was getting hit by things I don't usually get hit by, I began to wonder. I'm not claiming that I'm absolutely sure that my Enhanced Armor allotments are not as effective as they were prior to doing that, but wonder if it is possible. This isn't someting I really want to test to find out for sure... how to repair? Have someone hold my corpse? Something was getting damaged and none of my other worn gear (rings, helm, or bracers showed any signs of wear).

Purchasing quirk allotments while getting knocked down can cause one to temporarily lose points if you make an allotment during a lost round from knockdown. They are restored after logging out and logging back in, but I'm not sure if points acquired from the time the attempted purchase was made are saved or not (memory not what it used to be). This happened while I was attempting to make an allotment in Enhanced Armor, so I just included it here.

Enhanced Armor SEEMS to make worn gear more difficult to damage. I had been used to running through Arun to damage my gear then repairing it, but the last few times I couldn't get it damaged there and have been going to Kaldor instead for faster results.

EDIT: typos and clarification
Last edited by landlubber on Sat Oct 01, 2005 1:13 am, edited 1 time in total.

Brad
Admin
Admin

Replying to Topic 'Enhanced Armor'

Post by Brad »

Wow landlubber, thats an odd report. So if i get nocked down, and purchase a quirk, i lose HPs till i log back in?

landlubber

Post by landlubber »

While baiting a large zoo, I had 5 points. Opened quirk menu, attempted to buy Enhanced Armor. At the same time I clicked "Buy", I was knocked down. My Quirk Point total went to 0. My Enhanced Armor selection remained the same. I continued to hunt for a while then logged out. The next day, I logged in and had 5 points. My memory is somewhat foggy, but I'm fairly certain that I did not gain 5 points in the time lapse from attempting to purchase and logging out. I'm less certain whether I gained any points at all. I'm assuming that the 5 points were a "refund" from a failed purchase. The question is whether or not when refunds are issued it resets the quirk point total.

Injection

Post by Injection »

i got 5/5 in armor it dont seem to help much at all but wierd thing was i was almost 100% sure i was 5/5 in meele damage dont no what happened there
Last edited by Injection on Sun Oct 02, 2005 5:02 am, edited 1 time in total.