Applied Thievery

Known Issues and Comments
Virag

Applied Thievery

Post by Virag »

Any thief place point(s) in this quirk and notice any effects? As far as I could tell, it didn't seem to give me any bonus.

Migam

Replying to Topic 'Applied Thievery'

Post by Migam »

Just noticed this thread. I have 7/20 in it, don't see a difference
Starfire: There are two wolves fighting in each man's heart. One is Love, the other is Hate.
Ghost: Which one wins?
Starfire: The one you feed the most.
---Pathfinder

Migam

Post by Migam »

After my last post, Brad upon hearing comments in Main about thief quirks not working, checked it out. I believe the first found with an incorrect formula (+= instead of *=) was Anatomical Knowledge. I mentioned and he confirmed that Applied Thievery was also incorrect. I'm not certain if he fixed it then or there and sadly, I have since leveled weap/thievery so can no longer compare. Was Applied Theivery fixed?

EDIT: a typo :|
Last edited by Migam on Fri Feb 17, 2006 10:16 am, edited 1 time in total.
Starfire: There are two wolves fighting in each man's heart. One is Love, the other is Hate.
---Pathfinder

Brad
Admin
Admin

Post by Brad »

Yes, quite a while back when we fixed the other one.

Migam

Post by Migam »

---Pathfinder

Migam

Post by Migam »

---Pathfinder

Tirith
Title: The Raging Darge

Post by Tirith »

From what I could tell, This quirk allowed me to gain a little bit of thief skill when I was not using any thief specialty moves (backstab, hide, mug, etc.)

While regularly skilling weapon, I seen small thief skill gains. This is a great quirk and I love it, But the problem with this quirk is that when you can no longer gain thief skill, you are no longer benefitting from this quirk.

The solution I propose is for when thieves can no longer gain thief skill, have the gains that would go to thief skill be channeled into current weapon being used. This would make it a fun, but not overbalancing quirk for thieves that are working up alternate weapon skills.

Tirith

Post by Tirith »

Brad, please please please please please please make applied thievery a TOGGLE quirk.

Migam

Post by Migam »

Originally posted by Tirith

Brad, please please please please please please make applied thievery a TOGGLE quirk.
Seconded. I sent Brad an email after hearing of thieves claiming AT was flawed still. I asked if it could be toggled and asked if the intent of AT was to 1) tilt ratio of thief gains vs weap gain more towards thief skill or 2) increase thief gain while weap gain remained as when AT was 0/20. His answer seemed to indicate the intention was option#2. As I went to 7/20 AT to test then Brad discovers it was miscoded, I couldn't compare before/after (and thieves are telling me not to buy one more quirk in it).

I then suggested if it's not working as it's intended, could it be that AT causes thief gain to being calculated with the balance of overall gain going to weap? If the game also has a killshot skill cap routine, maybe they're interferring? Thief gain could be approaching the killshot skill gain cap with weap gain diminishing down to nothing as the balance is shrinking. If no more thief gain is to be had (capped), maybe this routine is being skipped over too.

Please make AT toggle-able.. I'd like to test it and it seems other quirks that are inconvenient when in place (QuickShadow, Parry) has been toggled for that same reason.
---Pathfinder

Rygar

Post by Rygar »

Is applied thievery kind of like the f/m's crossover knowledge, in that it only works while in a party?

Rygar

Brad
Admin
Admin

Post by Brad »

I'm going to do one better, i'm going to have someone test it both ways with me (on off), and watch the skill gain. I'll write it to a log and we will know for sure.

Brad

Migam

Post by Migam »

Originally posted by Brad

I'm going to do one better, i'm going to have someone test it both ways with me (on off), and watch the skill gain. I'll write it to a log and we will know for sure.

Brad

Did you have a chance to do these tests? If so, did the results match what Applied Thievery was meant to be?
---Pathfinder

Tirith

Post by Tirith »

I have yet to have any time to test with him myself, But I do have a thief at skill 30 thievery and weapon, i just havent had any time, but brad may have tested with someone else.

niko

Re: Applied Thievery

Post by niko »

AT seems quite bugged when you have more than one thief in a party.

thief 1 has 20/20 AT
thief 2 has 8/20 AT

thief 1 in party, killing with charge gets an even split between thief and weapon skill (.04% in each).

add thief 2 to party, thief 1 still killing with charge now makes .04% weapon skill and .03% thief skill (killed many crits, this was average).

this stays consistent whether or not thief 2 has AT toggled on or off.

can't test anymore, but we believe before thief 2 had any points in AT, thief 1 gained the 'correct' .04% to weapon/thief per kill when they were partied.

I'm not sure if it's doing something weird like averaging the AT's together, or just using the lower one or what, but something is most definitely wrong with AT when you have multiple thieves in party with differing amounts of points in AT and this should really be looked at.

~niko

Elgato

Re: Applied Thievery

Post by Elgato »

Any new word on fixing this up?