Kingdom of Drakkar: The Frore King's Quest

Fan Fiction about Drakkar
mageofwisdom

Post by mageofwisdom »

Ok, here's my drakkar story thats sorta forming as I go along. It's gonna be a little long, and not all classes are gonna have a key role at first. Since Drak is a very big game there's gonna be plenty that I don't mention, but i hope to at least give all the big places, quests, classes, etc a nice shout out. Also, because I am busy with real life, and playing the game, the editing will be good, but some verb tense shifts might happen here or there. Or everywhere, what can i say? Also, give it time to develop a little. Things will start to form in the next couple of chapters. So, without further adeu (like most of you really care anyway) here's chapter one.

Chapter One: The beginnings of an unlikely hero

“IEN! Ien, wake up this instant!” the teacher shouted at the boy. “I’m awake sir. I’ve been listening the whole time.” The boy’s eyes are bloodshot red and it is very clear listening to the instructor was the last thing that was going on. As he is trying to shake himself awake, the other teenagers in the classroom look to each other and crack smiles at their classmate being in trouble yet again.

“Well, if you insist you were awake, why don’t you be the first to demonstrate the stun discipline on this bear?” Ien looks over and sees the bear trapped in a cage, snarling ferociously. Nervous, but confident, he replies “sure, no problem.” The teacher has him stand across the room from the cage as he lets the bear free. Ien begins creeping backward as the bear easily stands several feet above his head and moves into an attack position.

Ien puts his hand out and small sparks form around it but nothing happens. As the bear moves closer and almost within striking range he tries the discipline again and still nothing happens. By this time he has backed himself into one of the walls of the oversized shack as the bear is about to strike. Thinking quickly Ien pulls out his mace, swings it around for a minute to gain momentum, and then connects with the bear’s head. The bear twists around from the impact, dazed and can barley alternate feet to keep balance. “He’s stunned,” Ien says with a smile.

The teacher, who’s clearly frustrated, sticks out his hand as sparks generate around his hand, and Ien’s head. Now both Ien and the bear and alternating feet and simultaneously fall over. The class laughs at the whole ordeal as the teacher waves his arm again and the bear is fully healed. Before the bear can begin its attack again the teacher then waves his arm a final time as light opens from above the sky as the bear instantly becomes good in nature and begins to cuddle with some of the other students.

“You all must take your studies more seriously! Life in Nork simply isn’t a game or anything to be played around with. Danger is everywhere and it is going to be your responsibility to help heal the warriors who battle against that danger to keep us safe. Some of you will be warriors yourself one day and have to begin focusing now. Those of you who choose to continue your studies after this year will be going to the town of Maeling to learn. While relatively safe, evil beings are known to creep in from time to time, some of which have more power than that of our dungeon keeps.”
As the teacher stops his dialogue for a moment to let everything sink in the class suddenly looks solemn as if reality has just slapped them in the face. Seeing that he’s made some kind of an impact he decides to wrap things up for the day but tells them of one last thing.

“Tomorrow will really be an eye opener for you all. Us, as well as the mentalist students, the martial arts students, and the fighting novices will all be taking a trip to Frore. None of you believe what we warn you about and need to see the destruction that can occur first hand. You must be on your best behavior tomorrow and must stay right by our sides. Dragons, giants, and various other evil beings have been known to invade without a moments notice. If you wish to live you will have to stay near us at all times. That is all I have for today, practice your mend abilities tonight and be in front of steel flower at sunrise.”

When the students begin leaving the teacher stops Ien and asks for a word. “Perhaps it would be best if you wouldn’t attend this trip tomorrow. I’m not convinced you will leave alive. However, if you do manage to get yourself here on time I have no choice but to allow you to come. But please, consider being late tomorrow.” Looking hurt, but stubborn just the same, Ien begins to walk away saying but one thing, “wouldn’t miss it for the world!”
Last edited by mageofwisdom on Tue Nov 08, 2005 9:03 pm, edited 1 time in total.

mageofwisdom

Replying to Topic 'Kingdom of Drakkar: The Frore King's Ques

Post by mageofwisdom »

Chapter Two: Memories

As Ien steps outside of the healer’s classroom he takes a look around Nork, wondering if his teacher was right and this would be the last day of his life. He walks to Steel Flower as he sees champions of legend talk of their victories and battle each other testing their mettle and strength. He remembers meeting his first mentalist there that brought him six stories down the Nork Dungeon to help him get a shield for his homework. Creatures big and small, young and old, could always be found there and it would probably be the thing he would miss the most.

Sucking up the sentiments he continues his walk, seeing everything as if it were the first time. He passes through Last Chance and recalled the first time he crept into the Nork Dungeon when no one was looking. Although a breeze to him now, the orcs down there used to be powerful, overbearing foes that got him killed on numerous occasions. He also saw the same shop which he purchased his first mace from after selling the gems he grabbed from his first kill. While still considered weak by most, he now realizes how much stronger he’s gotten in the past years.

Directly south of Last Chance is the Market. It was the place where Ien first dedicated himself to the healer class several years back. No one could believe he chose to be the one behind the scenes mending everyone who was directly in the heat of combat. When he dedicated he vowed to change the concept of what a healer was and become one of the most powerful beings in the history of Nork.

Still walking he passed by the fighting school, the tanner, and the bank. None of which he went to very often. As he passed by the Martial arts school he saw students sparring and practicing katas. One student in particular was doing some extraordinary things such as running at fast speeds and flipping off walls at incredible heights. Agility has always been a key attribute of the martial artist.

Next to the martial arts school is the mentalist school. It wasn’t uncommon to see students running out of the building on fire because of a botched spell. Without intelligence a mentalist is just a bomb waiting to explode and destroy it’s entire party. This time though class was being dismissed without a hitch as Ien was passing by. He decided to wait around to see if his friend was going to come out. Thinking everyone was out and getting rather impatient in his waiting, Ien began to walk away. Before he could take his first step he heard someone shouting at the door.

“Ien! Hold on, I’ll be out in a second,” said a young black man standing in the door. “Come on Luthor, I don’t have all day!” Ien replied. It was pretty common for Luthor to stay after class for one reason or another. If anyone took his studies seriously this was the one. No one could figure out how someone like Ien and Luthor were friends since they represented such opposite extremes. Despite Ien’s intentions he wasn’t exactly the sit down and study type.

Luthor finally ran out, clearly very encumbered by all of the books in his arms. “Did you hear we’re going to Frore tomorrow?!” Luthor had been reading about Frore for sometime and was anxious to see one of the Golden Dragon guards that protected the city of lore.

“Can you believe my teacher tried to stop me from going? Said I might get killed or something…not like he couldn’t revive me anyway.” Ien said with a little anger.
Luthor paused for a minute and said pretty bluntly “yeah, I can believe Sohe said it actually. You tend to play around a lot and not take things seriously. Doubt you would notice if a red dragon came up right behind you and ate you whole. By the time Sohe could get to you, your corpse would have rotten past the critical cure point.”
“Remind me again why I talk to you,” Ien replied.

“Because I bail you out of trouble most of the time?” Luthor asked with a smile. Clearly excited about the upcoming event Luthor gets back onto subject. “So how do you think they’re going to get us to Frore tomorrow? Are we going to take the portals to Maeling and Volcano Town, then climb down the slope and watch them battle the red dragon and run through the snow fields? Or is Sohe gonna dex us there in a massive slaughter? Or do you think Jereb will just teleport everyone before we can even blink? Or…” before he can even continue his thought sparks surround his head and he is suddenly immobilized.

“Guess we’ll find out tomorrow,” Ien says with a laugh as he begins walking home. From the window of the classroom Sohe observes this and with his hand on his chin begins contemplating Ien’s potential.
Last edited by mageofwisdom on Wed Nov 09, 2005 1:25 am, edited 1 time in total.

mageofwisdom

Post by mageofwisdom »

Going to post three and four tonight since three is a little short.

Chapter Three: Soul Searching

As Ien laid in bed trying to get some rest for tomorrow his head couldn’t help but turn with ideas and thoughts of everything he had been told. Nork Town had always been a safe place so he has had no reason to take anything seriously. Sure, he went to the dungeons a couple of times a week and even almost died at the prisons to the east of the town, but in Nork itself the closest thing to a threat was an alligator sneaking in past the Inn. He knew this was going to be an eye opener but in reality he didn’t know how to prepare himself. He didn’t want to know there was a world out there where people live in fear and chaos. As long as he stayed in Nork he could choose when to face danger and on his terms.

To the contrary he also had an inner ambition to be an image of greatness. He didn’t want to just brag in Steel Flower like everyone else did of their minor conquests, but rather he wanted to change the way the world was and give it a new light and a new form of peace. That’s why he chose to become a healer. With the healing arts he could help revive people and empower them to help make a change towards his ideal utopia. For being such a young age he had taken quite a lot of time in deciding what the best path to achieve his goals would be.

“Maybe it’s time to start seeing what’s really out there,” he thought. “As long as I keep living in this dream world I’m never going to realize my potential.”
How? When? Where? These were all questions that flooded his mind as he tried to gain control of his destiny that very night. He knew there was nothing he could do until morning, but even then he would have no idea where to begin looking. His family wasn’t exactly the image of greatness he was looking for, so he had no role models. While plenty have tried to do what he dreamed of none had actually accomplished it; none that he knew of anyway.

After tossing in bed for another hour he came to the conclusion that the best thing he could do for now was sleep. As hard as it was to wait, there wasn’t much he could do until he left Nork. In an effort to keep everyone safe the mayor of Nork placed a psionic guard around the portal that lead to Maeling. To pass through required an enchantment that could only be obtained after completing the basic class teachings, or traveling with a person that had. Ien was still weeks away from gaining that permission, so tomorrow was going to be his only chance for awhile to observe everything he possibly could from the land of Frore.

mageofwisdom

Post by mageofwisdom »

Chapter Four: Insult to Royalty

Ien was the first one to arrive at the Steel Flower in the morning. He didn’t get much sleep the night before, but didn’t need it with all of the energy flowing through his veins. Sohe looked disappointed at Ien’s arrival. While he always had the utmost faith in his students, he was concerned by Ien’s complete stubbornness and carefree attitude. The years have worn on him and it became increasingly obvious just by looking at him. His face was always draped down and emotionless from his years of battles and traveling. Even his bald head lost its shine and luster. He knew if Ien didn’t kill himself he would surely be the death of him.

Within minutes the other students started flooding in from every direction. Each tried to show off some special talent while all the other kids were watching. If they weren’t doing backflips or starting fires they were playing with people’s sight and waving broadswords.
Luthor finally came weighed down as usual with books. This time they were all empty for him to fill with notes. Before him and Ien could even begin talking Jereb began to address the crowd.

“Welcome! Welcome, everyone. Today will be and interesting day indeed, but you all have to follow our directions to the letter! To the martial arts students, unfortunately your instructor could not be here today, he went to assist in a death pile recovery in Aleria. He sends his regards, but we should be fine with the other two instructors and myself. Now, before we begin, everyone please set a succor twig to this location in the event of an emergency.” As he says that everyone pulls out a scroll and recites a quick chant. The scroll instantly crumbles leaving behind a small twig which is promptly fastened onto everyone’s belt.

“Very good, I can tell these past four years haven’t been a complete waste,” he says with a smile as the crown laughs. “Now, this will be the first time most have you have teleported before, and I want you to know what you will be experiencing.

“The process is relatively quick and definitely painless. Your vision will blur for a second and you may feel a little lightheaded. In addition your stomach may stir for a moment as you adjust to the new terrain. This shouldn’t last long at all and is completely normal. This is much different then using a succor twig, so don’t feel alarmed when you aren’t used to the sensation. So if everyone is ready now…” he then brings his arms above his head and as he brings them down everyone’s vision blurs just as they were warned.
Where the Steel Flower used to be is now nothing but a castle wall, and where space used to be toward the left and right is also walls and doors protecting the newly arrived group. Everyone took a second to let their bodies react and then a murmur spread through the group as they couldn’t believe what just happened. While most of the mentalists there were used to the process, it was a new experience just watching everyone else’s reaction. One person was so overwhelmed she walked over to a corner and began to vomit.

“I wonder why teleportation feels so different then using a succor twig when they do the same thing?” Ien asked.

“They don’t exactly do the same thing,” Luthor began to explain. “You ever notice when someone uses a succor twig, there’s a quick burst of smoke where their body used to be?” Ien nodded. “Well, that’s because a succor twig not only brings you back to the location it was made, but also brings a very small portion of the atmosphere with you too. This gives your body more time to adjust to the change. But, when a ment uses teleportation, every spec of your being is broken apart, brought through another plane of existence, and reassembled back in this plane within a fraction of a second. The result can be a little stressful on the body, and it takes a couple of times to get used to.”

“I really need to study more,” Ien said with a frown.

Before Luthor could elaborate on that point, Sohe began to address the crowd. “Alright everyone, welcome to the city of Frore. We have a lot of ground to cover and want to get you out of here as quickly as possible. This is not a place to be lollygagging around. If you follow me we will begin!”

Sohe began giving them the tour of Frore, showing places where it had been warn down from attacks, where some of the more advanced students trained, where evil dragons enter the city, the gardens which have somehow been maintained despite the constant battles, right down to the king’s palace. For the most part it had been a relatively boring tour and Ien was getting a little restless. This wasn’t what he had in mind when he decided to start embracing his abilities.

Luthor on the other hand was fascinated. Within the first hour he already had two books filled with notes and details that were explained by the instructors. He also wouldn’t stop asking questions that most considered to be completely irrelevant. Not many understood why he paid so much attention to detail, but he was easily the brightest student in the class and his abilities demanded respect.

As they were continuing the tour a female crier stepped out from the Frore King’s keep and began announcing, “The King is looking for a group of warriors to embark on a quest. The dangers will be great, but the reward for completing such a quest will be even greater. Coin, power, everlasting glory will all be yours if you have what it takes to venture the corners of the continent completing the tasks of his Majesty.” Ien stops dead in his tracks as he listens to the Crier’s message. As the group is moving in the opposite direction he grabs Luthor’s shoulder and begins pulling him back.

“Did you hear that?!” Ien cried in a soft pitched voice.

“Yeah, that you can save time when traveling to Nork when you set a twig after your first trip.” Luthor replied, knowing that the information was nothing new.

“Not that, genius. What the crier said about the Frore King’s quest: ‘coin, power, and everlasting glory.’ Who can say no to that?”

“Um, me?” Luthor knew what was happening in Ien’s head before Ien could even explain it. “You are NOT going on that quest Ien.”

“You’re right, I’m not. We are.” Ien ducks down a little and begins pulling Luthor with him as they separate from the crowd and head in the direction of the crier. Luthor didn't resist at times like these because walking away would mean that much more trouble for Ien.

“Aww, come on, you can’t be serious!” Luthor said as he followed his friend.

“What do you children want? Surely you aren’t here about the quest?” said the Crier with disgust in her voice.

“We’re not kids lady, and we are here about the quest.” Ien was tired of being called a child by everyone, and his resistance to the word led to a lot of long nights cleaning the healer’s classroom.

The crier was in an awkward position because she was very specifically ordered to allow anyone who wished to know of the quest to be granted an audience with the king. However, she also knew that the King clearly didn’t have the intention of those any bodies being young teenagers. Defeated, she knew she had no choice but to let them in. “This way…”

They walked through a sturdy wooden door and into pure darkness. When the outside door closed the crier then threw a bottle down to the floor which generated wavy light that illuminated the room. It felt like there was no ceiling, but it was just higher up than they had cared to look. Roughly twenty feet in front of them was a huge iron wall which was engraved with unique designs and in the center had the symbol of Frore. As she waved her arm a huge beam of light rushed down the center of the wall and actually revealed the wall to be a grossly oversized set of doors. It opened inward to reveal the king sitting on his thrown, surrounded by luxury and convenience.
Ien and Luthor were speechless the whole time. Neither had seen such a demonstration of power or the amazing capabilities that royalty could posses.

“You may approach the king,” the Crier said confidently. She already made a judgment by their reactions. It was clear if they were that impressed with what just took place, they weren’t ready for the same quest that killed many proven champions.

“What may I do for you?” the aging king asked with a smile.

“Uhhh….uhhh…..why were we here again Ien?” Luthor simply had no words. It wasn’t hard to get his attention, but to leave him speechless requires quite a demonstration.

Ien, embarrassed, got to the point. “Hello, you’re majesty! I am Ien, a mighty healer of Nork, and this is Luthor, a very experienced and powerful mentalist. We have come to you today to inquire of the quest your crier spoke of.” Despite actually being able to form words, they didn’t come out very clear as his nerves were making his throat tighten more by the second.

“Hahahaha….Mighty? Experienced? Powerful? I father children who come out of the womb with more power than you two! How dare you insult me and my resources by thinking I would require you to complete my quest for me. If it were that easy I would have done it myself! Are you in the schools of Nork Town? The one’s visiting my city to see what grown warriors must deal with on a daily basis? Maybe in another decade or two you will be ready to hear of my dilemma, until then do not visit my keep and waist my time!” The king sounded more annoyed than angry. He has managed to stay alive for two centuries and in the past 150 years of rule, he has found no one to complete his quest and live.

The two stood there with their heads down, unsure of how to react or even how to properly leave without insulting the king another time. That decision wasn’t there’s to make as an explosion louder than a thousand thunder claps took place outside. Immediately following was the sound of massive flames and the roar of a giant beast. Moving before thinking, Ien and Luthor ran out to see what the cause of it all was.
Last edited by mageofwisdom on Wed Nov 09, 2005 10:29 pm, edited 1 time in total.

mageofwisdom

Post by mageofwisdom »

oops....had to edit a little. In the same chapter i had luthor excited about the teleportaion, but then said that the ments had been teleported all the time. My bad, took out luthor's excitement. makes things a bit simpler.

Mistic

Post by Mistic »

I really enjoyed your story, I look forward to the next chapter. Great job! :D
Last edited by Mistic on Thu Nov 10, 2005 11:12 am, edited 1 time in total.

mageofwisdom

Post by mageofwisdom »

Chapter 5: From Insult to Injury

As they ran outside all they saw were fires ablaze everywhere and a huge red dragon facing off against their class. The three instructors took the lead as Altic, the fighter trainer, shouted for everyone to twig out. Only half of them obeyed and those that stayed behind were either too foolhardy or too scared to act.

The instructors had the dragon slowly advancing backwards round by round, but out of nowhere another dragon emerged and flew past them towards the group. Some of the mentalists began forming massive fireballs to throw at the beast as the healers began advancing with nothing but wooden staffs. The fighters and MAs were just trying to drink Health bottles enough to counteract the damage of the flames.

Ien had had enough of the disorganization and chaos and began taking some kind of control. “Ments, what are you doing?! You can’t throw fire at a fire dragon! Healers and Ments fall to the rear and get some fire protection on everyone. Fighters and MA’s move forward and do what you can to damage that thing!”

On his command the mentalists and healers fell back and an orange tint surrounded everyone on the field. With the healers out of direct harms way they could keep the physical element of the group from having to waist all of their time using healing balms. Luthor also joined in and began shooting his arms out over and over again. Each time a beam of light omitted from his fingers and struck the dragon. Once all of the fire protection was up Ien gave his next round of commands.

“Ments, begin using energy missile for as long as you have the power to do so. Healers, when you aren’t healing the fighters, use assault!” Almost as soon as he gave the command the dragon found a warrior who hadn’t been enchanted with fire protection and breathed a direct beam of fire onto him. He instantly caught on flames and began running around screaming before burning to his death. As Ien became more enraged he formed a massive assault spell which caused the dragon to convulse and fall for a moment. On the dragon’s way down he grabbed one of the healers who got too close and took a large chunk of his chest out with it’s teeth.

“This ends now!” Ien screamed. “Luthor, you have to use your bracers!”
Luthor instantly froze and looked at Ien with intense fear. “Please, Ien, I can’t.” Unlike Ien’s parents, Luthor had a father who was a legendary mentalist. His power was incomparable and everyone else in the land aspired to be at his level, regardless of their class. One day he left to go down to Nork’s 8th level dungeon, and never returned. The only memento Luthor had of his father was a pair of bracers which had one charge left of the Earth Crush discipline. Once that was used up the bracers would be gone, as would be his last physical memory.

“There is no time for this! I understand your position, but people are dying. Is that memory something worth other people’s lives? Is that what your father made those bracers for?” Ien was desperate and knew Luthor had the power to end this as the dragon was becoming extremely weak.

Luthor looked within himself and weighed his options and what meant more. He realized there wasn’t any and shouted at the top of his lungs for everyone to get away from the dragon. As everyone began running he stuck his palms out and had them face directly toward the dragon. In an instant the bracers crumbled. At the same time the ground began to sink in around the Red Dragon and push up around the sides. Within seconds the ground around the dragon was nearly twice as tall as the mighty beast and then crashed down on him with full force. The dragon was dead from the impact.

Just after the groups dragon fell, the instructors slayed their own. Everyone looked around surveying the chaos and no one had the words to say anything. Most of everyone who stayed behind finally broke their twig to return to Nork. Even though they technically had a victory they lost two of their own that day.

As Ien was about to break his, definitely ready to leave that damned city, the crier from earlier approached him again.

“Once you get a little stronger, and can assemble a larger party the king would like to grant you another audience. It appears we misjudged your capabilities. Take this,” she said as she handed him a twig. “Break this when your ready to return to us and you and your party will be transported back to learn of the king’s quest. We look forward to your next visit.”

Ien took it, knowing that at that point it meant nothing. Luthor had tears rolling down his eyes, and twigged out leaving some of his notebooks behind. Ien picked up the books, and broke his twig set for Nork.
Last edited by mageofwisdom on Fri Nov 11, 2005 8:59 pm, edited 1 time in total.

mageofwisdom

Post by mageofwisdom »

Sorry about some of the typos ya'll. I try to proofread after i write but because I know what it's supposed to say i usually skim past some things. This past chapter had a couple of confusing ones in there which i fixed. Hope I didn't loose any readers off of it.

mageofwisdom

Post by mageofwisdom »

Chapter 6: The missing piece
A year had passed and Ien and Luthor now studied in the schools of Maeling. They began getting stronger faster and faster as they started to take their studies more and more seriously. Ien went from being the class clown to being the number one student of his new master’s school. They still missed their first instructors; however after the incident in Frore the vibe between them all was a little different.

Ien hadn’t forgotten about the King’s quest, but couldn’t find anyone serious enough to journey with him. Those that were interested were either weaker than he was, or completely incompetent. Luthor didn’t exactly get more motivated about it as time went on either. He was too busy absorbing all the new information in Maeling.
Ien’s retention rate was also developing rapidly. He would require little explanation of new disciplines being taught and could out fight some of the fighters around his same level.

As he sat in the classroom his teacher began trying to explain the light discipline to which no one could seem to understand.

“The light discipline can be hard to master, but once done requires no effort. For a healer to do this they have to allow themselves to become completely pure of heart and mind. They can have no desire for vengeance, attack, feelings of anger, or depression. The light within them has to be so strong that it spreads through to the outside world. Once a healer can obtain this peace and this purity, they will be able to radiate any darkness and reveal those who try to hide from the light. It is a spell envied by many, but only acquired by those who can master self. Allow me to demonstrate…” he holds out a twig which crumbles as the room becomes void of all light. He then warns the students to look away from him as his body illuminates brightly for a moment, filling the room with light, then his glow subsides with the room returning to normal.

The other students begin attempting to do the same thing. Each going to a different section of the city and using twigs imbued with the darkness discipline begin practicing how to use light. Even Ien struggled for a minute, but eventually got it. Once they could complete the discipline properly they were allowed to leave for the day.

Bored, Ien decided to go into Steel Flower for awhile, since his only homework was to bring in the corpse of a Beshita, which he did on his way back to Nork Town. When he got inside he saw Luthor sitting by himself in one of the corner tables.

“Hey guy, haven’t seen you in a couple of days,” Ien said as he greeted his friend.

Luthor looked up, and was a little surprised and excited. “Ien, hey, how have you been?”

“Could be better, but could be worse. What are you doing?”

“Doing some homework on Frore. We’re researching why certain regions of the world have so much stronger monsters in the area than others.”

“Frore, huh?” Ien asked with a grin.

“Don’t even start Ien.” Luthor quickly replied.

“What? All we really need is one more person, that’s considered a larger party right? And we’re both a lot stronger now, so what’s the problem?”

“The problem is the king didn’t mean just study a little in Maeling, and then find some level 1 student walking around to travel around the regions of Nork doing his quest. We need strength, real strength, the kind that doesn’t just come in a year. Like look at them over there,” Luthor said as he pointed to a sparring session going on between two paladins. “Brako and Blood just entered their third degree of training and could easily kill either of us in a single blow. They aren’t that far ahead of us in age and yet they still possess that much power.”

They put their conversation on hold to observe the match between the two paladins. Brako used a single halberd while Blood was armed with a saber and shield. Their speed and agility was their greatest defense as they each moved faster than the other could hit. Brako, getting tired of no contact, focused and moved into a parry position. Suddenly, every hit Blood threw with his saber would be blocked with a halberd. The impact of each hit was so strong that the vibrations could be felt by those sitting twenty feet away.

“My turn,” Brako said with a smile. He moved out of parry position and lunged at Blood with the halberd. Blood just barley moved his shield in enough time to deflect the blow. Brako, thinking quickly, used the momentum of the deflection to swing his halberd around and go for another attack. This time he was blocked by Blood’s saber. Keeping his saber against the halberd, Blood span in towards Brako’s weapon, instantly bypassing his main form of defense. Blood then brought his saber around with his body and flung it straight toward Brako’s heart. He managed to impact with Brako’s chest, but couldn’t get his saber to penetrate the armor. Brako laughed, filled with arrogance from the armor he had his bigger brother acquire for him. Blood was determined however and used the opening Brako gave him to make a second attack.

With shield in hand Blood rammed Brako while he was laughing, and his body flew against the wall. Stunned for a second Brako didn’t know what to do. Blood advanced quickly and before Brako could move felt a cold blade travel across his throat. Instantly, he was dead.

Cheers went around the room for Blood for being the champion. As Blood bowed one of the audience members walked over Brako’s body and put his hands on Brako’s chest. A white, misty light surrounded Brako as he breathed in heavily. He jumped right back up and demanded a rematch.

The two went into fighting position and advanced towards each other, but as Brako swung his halberd the doors to Steel Flower busted open. Everyone got quiet, as a man of huge stature stood in the doorway for a second, trying to figure out how to go in. He turned himself sideways to comfortably fit through the double doors, clearly already designed for two way traffic. All side conversations and battles stopped as everyone just starred at this man. He looked like he hadn’t bathed in days and his hair was wild and untamed. His arms were bigger than most peoples’ bodies and the strength he possessed was undeniable and clear. He was a barbarian in every sense of the word.

Barbarians didn’t fit in well in Nork Town. Despite their overwhelming power they were otherwise considered stupid. On more than one occasion stories have erupted of people being killed by barbs who were actually in the same party as them. In a fit of rage they couldn’t distinguish friend from foe and slaughtered whatever came around. Plus they were all but immune to the effects of psionics, which made the people of Nork very nervous.

“Ale!” the barbarian grunted.

“Coin first,” the bartender coldly replied.

The barbarian pulled out his sack of coins and dumped the entire thing on the counter. Ien tried to count how many fell but lost track at around one hundred thousand. “Ale!!” the barbarian repeated.

The bartender was too full of greed and prejudice to tell the barbarian he over paid, and simply gave him a pitcher full of beer and began scooping all the coins over his side of the counter with his arms.

Ien looked at Luthor and smiled. “Strength you said? I think we just found our missing piece!”
Last edited by mageofwisdom on Fri Nov 11, 2005 10:49 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Dragonslayer

Replying to Topic 'K

Post by Dragonslayer »

Just now took the time to read it, because i was put off by the pace of the memories chapter. otherwise it's a good read, nice pace but descriptivly enough to activate one's imagination.
Last edited by Dragonslayer on Thu Jan 26, 2006 5:25 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Dragonslayer of PHNX

felixice

Post by felixice »

hey mage your good at writeing that was the best read ive had i think if u like to write u may have a cerea ahed of u

Leersa

Post by Leersa »

great story cant wait to read more..keep them coming
Leersa_____ASH
The healer that thinks shes a Barb

mageofwisdom

Post by mageofwisdom »

Chapter 7: Luthor's Burden

Luthor stared at the barbarian in total curiosity. He read about barbarians before, even saw a couple, but never understood how they lacked almost all normal mental development. "Amazing, completely amazing," he said in his daze.

"Come on, let's go talk to him," Ien said as he was already halfway over to the table.

The barbarian couldn't quite fit his hands through the handle of the pitcher so he was carefully pinching the handle by its sides as he poured the whole thing into his mouth. Before he could finish Ien was already to the table pulling up a seat.

"That was a lot of coin you threw out, you must be one heck of a fighter." Ien said, hoping flattery would be the way into the barbarians heart.

Silence. Drinking.

"So do you normally pull together that kind of coin on a hunt? Where do you usually hunt at?"

Silence. Burping.

"I mean I get a lot of coin too, it wasn't that impressive, but its nice to see someone on my level, you know? I'm Ien." He sticks out his hand to greet the barbarian but his gesture is greatly misinterpreted. The barbarian looks at how close the hand is, slides the seat back and stands up.

"ARRRRRGGGGGHHHHHHH!!!!" The room suddenly got silent as some of the older champions were bracing themselves to protect Ien should his mouth get carried away as usual.

"Hey, hey, take it easy. I was just trying to say hi and be polite. I wanted to give you a chance to make a lot more coin then you could pull out of some sack. What do you say big guy, will you at least hear me out?"

"LEAVE BONGO LONE!" the barbarian growled and reached for his club.

"It's ok, I just wanted to..." SLAM! Before Ien could finish his sentence Bongo slammed his club down into the table shattering it like thin glass. Suddenly everything was dark and Ien felt himself being pulled away. After a few steps he could see again and noticed he was outside the Steel Flower with Luthor holding his arm.

"I guess subtlety isn't your strong point is it Ien? You're lucky, I just learned that discipline today too. If I hadn't have used darkness you would be dead right now" Luthor was clearly more afraid and nervous than Ien was.

"Wouldn't be the first time" Ien said with a smile. "We needed more power and we won't be able to get much more than that. If we could just convince him to join us we could start this quest TODAY!"

"And have our funerals planned by tomorrow! Ien why is this quest so important to you? What is it going to take to make you realize we may never be ready for this? Two people already died because of us Ien. TWO PEOPLE!"

"Wait, what do they have to do with this? Us being with the group any earlier wouldn't have changed what happened. They still would have died." Ien is clearly starting to get mad.

"Sigh. No Ien, it's our fault. The instructors realized we were missing and stopped for a couple of minutes to give us a chance to catch up, and that's when the dragons appeared. If we didn't run off the group would have been in another part of town where the dragons don't even run to. No one would have died that day, and I would still have my father's bracers." Luthor was beginning to tear up. It was a burden he didn't want to place on Ien but he knew he had to hear it. A minute had past with no reply from Ien. Finally he began to speak.

"No....NO!!" Were the only words Ien could form before he ran off.

Luthor tried to say something to stop him but could just follow slowly, hoping these next few minutes would give some clarity to everything.

Doro

Post by Doro »

Please note that this Bongo is no relation to Drongo in the game - who is only a baby barb as many know.
Possibly some sort of distant relative perhaps.

-typo-
Last edited by Doro on Wed Jan 25, 2006 4:03 am, edited 1 time in total.
ho

Tee

Post by Tee »

hehe, nice story again i enjoy reading them keep it up, and i like the part you mad about bongo :D
Last edited by Tee on Thu Jan 26, 2006 5:26 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Money is either a good or bad influence according to the character of the person who posses it.... remember that you character is your destiny!

mageofwisdom

Post by mageofwisdom »

Chapter 8: Together as One (i'm reaching a little on this title)

Luthor knew exactly where to find Ien. It wasn't common for Ien to have fits, but whenever Ien just needed to think he would always go behind the Inn and look toward the mountains. The view was beautiful, with just enough water in between the inn and the mountains to magnify the scenery. Ien was sitting down crying, trying to pull himself together but reliving that entire event in his mind. Before he had forced himself to forget about it, but now, knowing it was all his fault, he was forced to finally live with last year's events.

Ien was talking to himself as Luthor quietly began walking up behind him. "What am I supposed to do? This may be the only chance I have of making my own destiny and become bigger than what anyone thought I could be. But, even before the quest has started people are already dying by my hand? What am I thinking....I could never be a leader.... maybe my destiny is to just get by and be nobodies like my parents."

"You can't say that," Luthor replied. Ien somehow knew Luthor was there the whole time, and just barely turned his head to look at his friend.

"How can't I? My first attempt at breaking free of the mold and I mess up"

"So? Ien you think you're the first person to mess up while finding out who they are and what place they have in the world? If making extraordinary accomplishments were that easy then everyone would be doing them and they wouldn't be extraordinary. You have an amazing talent, and if it wasn't for you, I don't think the people that stayed behind that day in Frore would still be alive now. You're potential is insane, and most of the time im jealous of you." Luthor hung his head down low. He was already telling Ien a lot more than he had planned to today.

"Why would you be jealous of me? You know so much more than I do. You'll be a powerful mentalist long before I accomplish anything as a healer." Ien said.

"Ien you don't get it, action and knowledge are two different things. If it wasn't for you I wouldn't have done half of the crazy things I have. You aren't afraid to just go out there and do something. I have to plan everything before I take the first step, and even then I'm not sure if I factored in everything."

"Maybe we both need to learn something from one another. But, if you really wanna start doing things then do this quest with me. Maybe if we do it together, equally, what happened a year ago will stay in the past and we can triumph over this." Ien began to find his resolve forming from deep inside. He knew he had to do this or the people that died in Frore did so for absolutely nothing.

"Ien, you know I'll do it. I've always been by your side and always been drug on these crazy adventures. Heck, I even carried your corpse back from a few. (they laugh) But, I just don't see how we could do it alone. And it's clear Bongo will have no parts of it." For the first time Luthor started to feel comfortable about the idea of doing the quest. More than just realizing it was something Ien needed to do, he began to realize he needed to do it as well. Before he was always tugged along by Ien, most of the time involuntarily and out of loyalty to his friend. If he was to really stop envying Ien and start living life and not reading it then he had to do something big.

"Well, it's basically dark now. We can think about what we're going to do tomorrow. Sitting here ain't gonna do much good." Ien stood up and the two began to walk away.

As they were walking by the blacksmith they heard a noise come from the roof. They looked up and saw what appeared to be a figure standing tall above them, but they couldn't tell for sure because of how dark it was. Suddenly the figure was gone and they heard a sound directly above them. They could make out the form of a person now who was flipping on it's way down and connected it's feet with both of their heads.

Ien and Luthor were knocked apart from each other with no clue of what hit them. Luthor began to get up just to feel the mystery assailant's foot connect with his head again. Ien was behind the two of them and pulled out his mace and moved to strike. Before the attacker's foot even touched the ground again it was flung back and knocked the mace out of Ien's hand. Then, it came back around connecting with Ien's face.

By now Luthor had managed to get up, with no idea as to how from those attacks. He started sticking his pointer fingers forward shooting beams of light at the attacker. They just hit painlessly. "He's wearing enmiss bracers!" Ien shouted

"You think?!" Luthor replied sarcastically.

The mystery person turned around and began moving towards Luthor when Ien stuck his hand out and watched sparks fly around the attacker's head. Luthor, realizing what's going on, took out his staff and went straight across the attacker's face not once, but twice.

"How do you like getting hit in the head over and over!" Luthor shouted in frustration.

Before the stun discipline could wear off Ien used assault as the attacker cried out in pain. "Can't hit what you can't see" Ien said calmly. On cue his eyes flashed red for a second as did the attacker's. Suddenly the attacker was randomly swinging in any direction he thought he heard noise. Luthor laughed for a second forgetting the situation they were in. Unfortunately, that second was too long as the discipline quickly wore off and Luthor found himself being thrown into a wall and stunned.

Ien was about to use assault again but without warning the attacker flipped behind him and kicked his back launching him straight into the same wall Luthor was flown into.

"Good," the voice said. "There might be hope for the two of you yet. We need to talk." The attacker proceeded to remove the head cover it was wearing to let out long flowing hair. They instantly noticed a sweet flower like scent as soon as the mask was removed. As the two looked on they were faced with a cold reality Luthor couldn't help blurt out:

"We just got our butts kicked by a girl......"

Tee

Post by Tee »

great job on this chapter , got a little confused at then end though
Money is either a good or bad influence according to the character of the person who posses it.... remember that you character is your destiny!

mageofwisdom

Post by mageofwisdom »

Chapter 9: Sin, the Martialist

"The name is Sin, the martialist, and we have business to discuss," the female attacker said.

"Why didn't you just say that in the beginning and save us all some bruises?" Ien asked, still sitting down against the wall from the attack.

"The martialist? Seem more like a thief to me!" Luthor's pride was still hurt and he was retaliating any way he could.

Sin began taking off the black coverings to reveal pretty standard martialist gear. "That was part of the whole test. I needed you to believe you were fighting for your lives. If the fight was easily in my favor I simply would have left. I have not the time to play around or recruit mere children."

"Recruit for what?" Ien said becoming increasingly intrigued.

"Rumor has it you're looking for a party to help you complete the Frore King's quest, and so am I. The king has been offering his quest for many years, and the complete failure rate has scared off many who are strong enough to try. Other's don't believe the prize could be great enough considering Frore's steady decline. The ones that do attempt it are either too foolish to succeed or too greedy to split the honor and reward with those not in their own guild. Together we may have a chance. We will have to train and learn to think as one, but together I think we may have the power to accomplish this goal!" It was clear Sin had thought about the quest in detail and maybe already had a plan to help them succeed.

"What's in it for you?" Luthor asked.

"That matters not. All that matters is I'm going to do this with, or without you're help. Think it over tonight, and I will expect an answer by tomorrow."

"How are we going to find you?" Ien asked.

"I'll find you," Sin replied, reaching for her belt.

"Why should we trust you when you won't tell us..." In the middle of Luthor's question Sin pulled out a twig, broke it, and poofed into a light ball of smoke blown off by the wind. "See what I'm talking about? Why should we trust someone like that? I say we wait and someone else is bound to pop up."

"Wait for who Luthor? It's already been a year. Granted, we weren't exactly advertising, but the couple of people we did find fit right into her description: Foolish or stubborn. We know she's strong, and we know she's dedicated or she wouldn't have gone through all of this. We wouldn't know anything more of anyone else we got to join us. I don't think we have a choice, she's in unless you have a really good reason why we should pass."

"It's just that.....that.....and when she...... and how she......" Luthor was looking for a reason so bad but when he thought about it, no good one came to mind.

"Exactly, she's in."

(PLEASE NOTE THE NAME SIN IS NOT FROM THE GUILD, BUT FROM A FRIEND OF MINE)
Last edited by mageofwisdom on Fri Jan 27, 2006 12:16 am, edited 1 time in total.

felixice

Post by felixice »

nice keep up the good work

mageofwisdom

Post by mageofwisdom »

Chapter 10: In a new Light

Half the day had already gone as Ien and Luthor were sitting at the pool near the Steel Flower waiting for Sin. They were getting impatient and began doing random things to keep occupied. Luthor kept setting blades of grass on fire and Ien would reach out his hand and heal them. Once they got bored with that Luthor would cast darkness over the pool and Ien would use light to blow it away. People came and went by about their lives, some would stop and ask the two what they were doing but most walked right by making the time spent waiting very lonely even though they were both together.

"She's not coming. I told you she can't be trusted." Luthor said breaking the silence.

"Only half the day has passed, maybe she's a late sleeper," Ien replied. He wouldn't give up hope that Sin would be there. With her assistance they would finally be able to go back to the King and begin the quest. Alone they would just be laughed at.

Luthor sighed and laid back with his legs stretched out as if he were in bed. Ien envied how comfortable his friend looked and began to do the same. He kept wondering what the King could possibly need help with that every other person that answered the call died for without accomplishing. Luthor was wondering the same thing only his brain filled with ideas from mythical beasts, to a lair of giants, to eliminating some evil sorcerer.

The two were so deep in thought that they didn't notice their thoughts turn into dreams, or the day turn into night. All of the traffic that surrounded them was now gone and the only light around was the moons reflection in the pool. They were still in such a deep sleep that they didn't hear the hooded figure slowly walk up to them and suddenly stop.

"Get up," Sin said calmly.

"Huh, not yet, I was just about to kill the dragon," Ien muttered, still more asleep then awake.

"Get up," Sin repeated.

This time Ien sat up fast and hard. "Ohh shoot! Luthor, Luthor wake up!" Ien was shaking his friend hard and rapid the whole time.

"Daddy! Wait...what's going on? Ohh...she's here," Luthor said with some disappointment.

"You don't like me do you?" Sin asked without emotion. "It doesn't matter, but you will need to trust me if we are to survive. Follow me."

Luthor was wondering if she was being presumptuous in assuming that they were going to join with her, but for reasons unknown didn't say anything. The two got up and began following her.

"Where are we going?" Ien finally asked.

"Out of the open," Sin replied.

They walked to the south west part of town where a guard was protecting a set of stairs going deep into the Nork dungeon. The guard looked on the group wondering if they were strong enough to go down the steps, but knew his role was just to give a warning and nothing more. As the guard began to speak Sin uttered a simple "move" to the man and continued on her way. Luthor apologized to the man before they went down the steps.

When they arrived at the bottom they were greeted by a gnoll and one of their champions. Ien and Luthor quickly disposed of them using assault and energy missile before they got anywhere near the party. There were hallways going in each major direction: North, East, South and West. Sin took one of the paths going north as if she knew exactly where they needed to be. Along the way various creatures tried to attack them, but Ien and Luthor quickly eliminated the threats. Anything that got too close Sin took care of in a single blow. After walking through the huge labyrinth for what felt like an hour they came across a mighty Minotaur. Ien used assault but noticed it took little damage from the attack.

Sin looked dead ahead and removed her robe. "We're here. Do this together." Almost instantly they began to feel a connection. Ien started off by stunning the Minotaur and Sin quickly moved in. Sin put one foot on the Minotaur's chest and the other came up and connected with his jaw as she flipped up. On her way down she brought her feet together and rammed the Minotaur's chest knocking him back. When she hit the ground she rolled back and away from the creature giving Luthor the room he needed to use Icestorm. The area around the Mino suddenly dropped to subzero temperatures and chunks of ice began raining from where appeared to be nowhere.

The Mino knew death was near and struggled to make an attack. It managed to get within striking distance of Luthor and plunged it's axe directly into his shoulder. The attack clearly went through the bone as Luthor screamed in pain. As soon as the Mino took the axe out Ien waved his hand and Luthor's arm was healed. Luthor was trying to make a counterattack with his staff but was blocked by the Minotaur's axe. Before the Minotaur could attack again Sin was already through the air and connected with a jump kick. Ien knew the Minotaur was all but dead and muttered "kill shot." He stuck his arm straight out and used assault one last time as the Mino fell to his death.

"That was it?! That was why we walked all the way down here? It wasn't even that hard!" Luthor said, annoyed at how his time was wasted.

"It wasn't supposed to be that hard. It was simply to test if we could fight together and compliment one another's moves. We're still going to need some tuning, but otherwise I see now that this will work. Besides, even you two had to wonder if we would be able to fight effectively with each other."

Sin stood strong, and undamaged. While the light in the dungeon was hardly bright, it was much more than when they met last night, and for the first time they fully saw Sin. Ien couldn't help but gaze at her immense beauty. She stood at 5'9 and had a body he wasn't used to seeing around Nork. She was clearly in shape with thick strong legs, a slender mid section, and sturdy arms that weren't bulging, but could definitely throw a punch. On top of that she had a beautiful face with perfect skin, and hair that flowed down perfectly and naturally, even in battle. Looking at her triggered a reaction in Ien he wasn't used to. He instantly felt the need to defend her.

"Wel...Well, she is right you know um.. Luthor. We did need this chance to see each other uhh...up close. I really think we're gonna work good together you know." Ien was trying to control his speech but wasn't even fully sure of what he was saying.

"Good, then tomorrow we will meet at the portals first thing in the morning. We will go and see what the King's quest is, and from there we will gear up and train accordingly. Agreed?"
Sin was clearly the one in charge now, with no objections from Ien.

"AGREED!" Ien replied a little too energetically.

"Yeah, whatever. We'll probably be dead soon anyway at this rate," Luthor said, unsure of how things have turned in such a direction so fast.

"Till morning then," Sin said as she pulled out a twig and disappeared into another light puff of smoke.

"She sure knows how to make an exit. Did you bring a twig Ien?" Luthor looks to his left where Ien was to see a bit of residue smoke rising to the ceiling. "Yeah, I got a twig thanks for asking. Yup, see you tomorrow Ien, good work on the Minotaur tonight. Who me? I know I did do pretty good too didn't I? Ok, see you tomorrow." Luthor sighed and broke his twig to disappear in a light puff of smoke too.

mageofwisdom

Post by mageofwisdom »

Chapter 11: The Frore King’s Quest

Sin was surprisingly the first one at the portals the next morning. She was so anxious for the others to arrive that her hands wouldn’t stop fidgeting and her foot wouldn’t stop tapping.

Finally, Ien arrived.

“Hey, what’s up?” Ien asked, trying to greet his new partner with something cool and personal.

“Took you long enough. I had better not have to wait on you like this again,” Sin said.

“Um, it isn’t even morning yet.” Ien stated, unsure of what he did wrong.

“Do you not believe in being ready early? It is an attitude like that that will get us killed.”

Luthor finally showed up and with him the first crack of light from the sky. “Hey guys! How is everyone doing?”

“Don’t ask,” Ien warned.

“I believe you brought the twig you were given?” Sin impatiently inquired.

Ien pulled out the twig and felt Sin’s hand touch his shoulder. For a moment he felt happy until she barked at Luthor to do the same.

“Break the twig” she commanded.

“Yes sir,” Ien retorted. “Would you like me to shine your boots once we get there too?”

“Break the twig,” Sin repeated.

Ien did as he was told and the three of them disappeared into a light puff of smoke that was blown off by the wind.

They appeared into an area of total darkness. Ien tried to use his light discipline but simply couldn’t overcome the power of the darkness. Even Luthor’s Infravision disc left him blind. Suddenly a huge red orb above them lit up and they could see they were in a massive, circular shaped room with the king sitting on a huge thrown in front of them.

“Ahh, Ien, Sin, Luthor, nice to see you all again. I take it you all finally think yourselves ready for my quest?”

“Yes SIR! Or, your majesty, or what should I call you?” Ien said, getting a little tongue tied.

Luthor was taking notes of the orb and the chamber of which he was standing in.

"I want the skull of the vile snowbeast resting on my throne at once!" The king said.

"Heh, that's all?" Sin asked.

"No...not this time. Normally that is all that I ask to those looking to complete the quest, but things have become significantly more complicated. Unfortunately the Four have learned of my attempts to kill the beast and he has fallen under their protection. They have enchanted him to such a point that no weapon will damage it, no spell will harm it, and it can utter a single word and kill almost any who come up against it. They must be killed before the snowbeast can be destroyed. It is only a matter of time before he comes to finish off my entire kingdom."

"People have killed them before, they always regenerate." Sin replied.

"Wait, who are the four?" Ien asked.

"I..we can't do this Ien.." Luthor said. "The Four are legendary, their power is absolute."

"Who are the Four?" Ien asked again, getting annoyed.

The King took a deep breath and began to explain. "The Four are former heroes of Frore. Chipuda, Uther, Maeling, and Breshard. They set out with an army of 5,000 in a quest to achieve a power great enough to ironically, kill the snowbeast. They achieved the power they set out for, and were the only ones to return. The power drove them insane, despite trying to fight it with all of their might. I am convinced it is their power that curses my kingdom. Fortunately, they do not stand together but have separated themselves and become isolated to the world. Together they would be impossible to kill, but singled out you may have a chance."

"As I said, some have managed to kill them before, however they regenerate," Sin coldly stated. Even in the presence of royalty she showed little respect or concern.

"True, the Four are connected, yet separate. It is their connection that keeps them alive, despite continually being killed. However, there is a certain order that they may be killed in that will remove them from this plane of existence once and for all. I can tell you that you won't have much time either. Each kill has to happen quickly from the other to break their circle of power. Once they are killed, for good, the enchantment on the snowbeast will be broken." The King knew he was asking a lot, and was waiting for the next round of questions.

Luthor suddenly thought of something that didn't make sense. "You said the quest only recently changed, but if you're sure the power of the Four is what curses your kingdom why haven't they been a part of the target all along?"

The King put his head down in shame. "I'm afraid I haven't been able to bring myself to do it until now. They used to serve me well and they were once good beings that cared about what happened to Frore. However the snowbeast has been a constant threat and their assistance in it's rampage has forced my hand. I know that you are all too young to accomplish this on your own, but I have seen something in each of you that has convinced me to tell you this much. One day, one day soon I believe you will be able to accomplish this for me.”

Ien didn’t know what to say. He dreamed of doing big things in his life, but never could have imagined he would be thrown into an event of this scale. If it were just the snowbeast he might not have been so intimidated. But now it involved so much more. If what the King said was true than these Four possessed a power greater than anyone in Nork, Frore, Maeling, or Aleria has ever experienced.

Sin however was unfazed by the discussion taking place and cut to the point. “What is the reward for this newfound quest?”

“Simple,” the King replied. “Everything I have will become yours. The kingdom, my money, my servants, our magics will all be at your command and your bidding. Including everything you need to find your sister, Leersa.”

Sin’s mouth dropped open. She hadn’t told anyone of her missing sister and had no idea how even the Frore king could know of her existence.

“So that’s why you’re here?” Ien asked.

Luthor looked over and somewhat out of understanding but still with pride said “That’s why she’s such a jerk.”

“Very well then, I’m in,” Sin said. She already knew she was in before the king even gave the quest.

“As am I,” Luthor said. Even Sin had to give a quick look over her shoulder to see how fast Luthor replied. Luthor could sympathize with Sin though. If he ever thought he would be able to find his dead father he would have jumped at the chance with no regard to the danger. They already committed themselves to this quest and Luthor was now determined to be of any help he could be to Sin.

“Wow…guess that means I’m in too,” said Ien. “How do we get started?”

“Wait, something still doesn’t add up. If the snowbeast was so powerful that it has gone undefeated for so long, why does it need their protection? And if they originally sought the power to destroy the snowbeast why are they now protecting it?” Sin asked.

“I myself am seeking answers to the same questions. All I know is it’s possible something has been protecting the snowbeast the whole time. It’s possible that because the warriors attempting the quests are getting smarter, stronger and faster, a more direct approach is necessary. There is still much I don’t know, but maybe you will find out on your journey.” The king was clearly trying to rush things along. “To start on your path, kill the Red Dragon of Volcano Town, and gut its stomach. In there you will find the only scroll that leads to the permanent death of the Four. I suggest you hurry though. You three are the first I’ve told of the scroll, but you will not be the last. If another finds it before you, he might not be so willing to give you the information it contains. Good luck.”

“We still have more questions!” Luthor blurted out. Before he could begin the crier from a year ago stepped behind them, raised her arms up, and brought them straight down. Their vision blurred and they were suddenly in front of the Steel Flower. As they turned to look behind at the crier they just barely saw her fade away from vision.

Sin faced them and asked “Let’s get started shall we?”

mageofwisdom

Post by mageofwisdom »

it might help eliminate some of the inconsistencies if i explain that this is a little bit different than the normal drak world. All of these super lvl 495684 crits don't exist here so doing anything i'm talking about in these chapters is NOT a solo effort. And If i can help it there won't even be a mention of cob for awhile if at all in this story. In case some of u were wondering how a snowbeast could survive for all of this time. or any of the 4 be so hard to kill

Leersa

Post by Leersa »

good story can't wait to find out why i'm <Leersa> is lost and if the ever get reunited.

but thank you for the honor of being immortalized in your story :)
Leersa_____ASH
The healer that thinks shes a Barb

Tee

Post by Tee »

lol keep them coming :p

felixice

Post by felixice »

Well you shold metion cob also Who ever is stupid enphe to try this its them so don't worry about makeing thing inpossible but them still doing it LOL :D