nl sdc sdc2 help

For things that have no home (Or non Drak-Related)
Martialarts

nl sdc sdc2 help

Post by Martialarts »

I was told by brad that an ma is not a tank so he must be pretty useless in most cases seems to me that there blocking abilty has been greatly reduced. I am not sure but for the last few years it has been this way. A healer an ma is not very good at keeping each other alive in sdc2 gnome area I am not sure why.

In mormar an MA can block very well but once he crosses over into most parts of sdc they get hammered. If you put a thief in that party make sure he is not getting any aid and the healer is not hiding or he will be seen I know this bug is reported so no worries.

Ok palidens seem to be able to hold there own with no help for most part and can greatly help a healer with disc they use. They do very well here and are worth the building at higher lvls very useful.

theives can do well at 75+36 in most areas from nl to sdc once they get to sdc2 they have to have the skill and agility but can handle most of this sdc2 solo.

A Barb can do a huge amount of damage and hunt sdc2 solo for the most part there reposit does them a great deal of good, and vamping hps back is nice. Simple when did a barb become or have an abilty to vamp hps.

A healer can not solo there i have tried on skill 40 one dies pretty fast even with an ma.

a fm is nice to have around but also needs some support and is at best half baked most of the time its a struggle.

A ment seems to do a huge amount of damage with the tiers but seems to die a great deal as well.

The ratio from Barb in the game really seems to be lop sided to mostly Barbs because of there ability to solo a lot of areas and if u have 4 5 mixed in with a couple of pally's they are for the most part unstopable.

Not sure i understand why it is so unbalanced but there should be some reason for more of a balance going forward.

i am just looking for maybe some help in understanding I am building a couple pallys to hunt with 2 barbs seems useless to make anything else the effort is just not worth it.
The MA
DEATH IS SWEET

Tirith
Title: The Raging Darge

Re: nl sdc sdc2 help

Post by Tirith »

your post hardly makes any sense, first off you say
In mormar an MA can block very well but once he crosses over into most parts of sdc they get hammered.
ok what? are you talking about a 70+ ma in mormar? at 70+ an MA should have moved on to higher areas, have you played a pre-70 MA in mormar without NL and RG gear? they get creamed.
Ok palidens seem to be able to hold there own with no help for most part and can greatly help a healer with disc they use.
Yeah? and? Paladins are a defensive class, MA's are an offensive class, the game is designed this way for balance.
theives can do well at 75+36 in most areas from nl to sdc once they get to sdc2 they have to have the skill and agility but can handle most of this sdc2 solo.
I don't know where you got this from? Thiefs are decent in the lower sdc areas but once they get high end, their skills dont seem to catch up.
A Barb can do a huge amount of damage and hunt sdc2 solo for the most part there reposit does them a great deal of good, and vamping hps back is nice. Simple when did a barb become or have an abilty to vamp hps.
Barbs have been vamping since lvl 25, way before sdc, way before gdh, way before NL. this is not a new ability, it has only been enhanced to help a barbs survivability, In terms of defense/offense, they seem to be halfway between MA and pally and thus can hold their own and are a better solo class (thanks to self healing ability)
A healer can not solo there i have tried on skill 40 one dies pretty fast even with an ma.
a fm is nice to have around but also needs some support and is at best half baked most of the time its a struggle.
Healers are not a solo class, plain and simple. Healers and F/Ms are support classes.
A ment seems to do a huge amount of damage with the tiers but seems to die a great deal as well.
Again this is by design, as healers are the defensive, healing psi class. Mentalists are the offensive psi class and are going to need support.
The ratio from Barb in the game really seems to be lop sided to mostly Barbs because of there ability to solo a lot of areas and if u have 4 5 mixed in with a couple of pally's they are for the most part unstopable.
So your complaint is that barbs can solo and no other class can? Sure if you get 4-5 barbs together they are going to decimate. The high end is designed as party play 3-4 characters. Any balanced party can do just as well there, but if you take 5 barbs that do fine solo and put them together, of course you are going for an overkill.
MA,pally, healer, ment party can handle the area fine. this is how its designed, it wasnt designed for players to choose the best class and make 5 of them to go overkill the high end area.

Maybe we are asking for another nerf of the barbs vamping ability?

I havent actually played in about a year, so I'm not sure if some changes have gone in that I have missed.

But overly your post is confusing as you are saying things are not right, when thats the way they have been designed.

Skip

Post by Skip »

SDC2 if rough for all classes initially.

Go slow, spend you party points effectively, dress for defense.

Weapon skill over 30 a must for Psi users overall defense.

Let pally's and barb's peel to keep aggro off psi users & MA's.

Use MA's to finish guys off, not to start the damage on a fresh baddie.

Pally defense buffs are super for keeping everyone alive.

Getting to, and wearing the lev 82 armor helps alot.

I am guessing its the tactics that need to be adjusted - and not the gear.

~ Buzz-Skip__KAM ~

Martialarts

Post by Martialarts »

My point is not to get any one class down graded just gathering information. Thanks for the input.

My main is an ma I use a healer we just can not go to gnomes area can not live for very long at all seems there
is no real balance. Just seems to me if healer ma or healer ment or an ma ment want to go exp lvl up even at skill 40
its so hard it is not worth the effort, There lies the issue 2 folks can not go have fun there and exp up. (unless its a barb pally)

It Is why i am making barbs and pally's only makes sense to use what works just sad it will leave other
class of players out of the area until something is done. does not mean groups of 4 or 5
cant go i am worried becuase it seems the game will be one or two classes that will lead to just a simple game.
It does not froster building of other types of critts until your near the end I undstand it should not
be so easy as to make it simple. Just seems the area could be constructed in a way that makes for progression
thats balanced is all i was thinking.

not all players are in a large guild and do not have 10 critts at there disposal they hunt mainly with 1 or 2 folks.

yes i did mormar before nl rg gear i skill locked at lvl 30 then again at lvl 55 then again at lvl 70
you know one person may know a lot does not mean that others do and there lies the struggle. Have a nice day!

Skip

Post by Skip »

party points help...but that +7 pink NL armor definitely suffers compared to the +8 that pally, healer, FM, thief ment get.

Barb same issue with the +7 pink NL armor.

Its the chi - armor penalty that really gets a MA beaten up. RP and p-sweep gets ya hit hard and often. Pally buffs really make a big difference, even Barb sweat's help.

~ Buzz-Skip-Spike__KAM ~

trying to work Skip, 79-40 MA - hoping the extra agils at lev 80 might make a difference, until Skar - Spur gear at lev 82

Martialarts

Post by Martialarts »

I have found simple normal attack or jumpkick to be useless does not do enuff damage at this point i am not sure about the ma at all. While i noted that the healer can stun them it works miss and hit mostly. And i was told that a lvl 78 healer can kill up there solo that is not the truth.. Seems i see Barbs up there useing nothing to make kills but reposit not sure what the gear they are wearing.

I wonder why not give an ma the ability to vamp back some of there hps when they hit useing rp or jump strike. The amount of damage out put they put out is ok but the amount of damage taken is at least 60% each time they get hit. There lies the problem they get hit by 3 at once they die.

I wonder if i took my ma down and used a GS or hally if skilled would he get harder or less. I think maybe its time for a change what wepon can he use in his off hand to help him. Would it be a gs vs mace ss or would it be halbred what blocks the most and at what skill. I am going to try something not sure what.
The MA
DEATH IS SWEET

Skip

Post by Skip »

BTW - what ya wearing for robes, bracers, ammy ?

Martialarts

Post by Martialarts »

Skip wrote:BTW - what ya wearing for robes, bracers, ammy ?
on the MA nl plate 1 acidron robe 1 feather on healer same.

Groot

Post by Groot »

Dude you are either a whiner and not properly geared...they cast earth crush and you need to wear the proper gear there like a couple LAZrobes.. That my two cents. :mrgreen:
At The End Of The Day We Are Punished For Our Kindness

Wolverine2

Post by Wolverine2 »

2 years too late

Groot

Post by Groot »

Again was putting my reply to this thread seemed like this fella is struggling with wrong type of critter. Also seems like no one likes him. :mrgreen:
At The End Of The Day We Are Punished For Our Kindness