Debate on event

For things that have no home (Or non Drak-Related)
Hoss

Debate on event

Post by Hoss »

The discussion can be found at :

http://mccluer.name/debate1.txt

Dragonslayer

Replying to Topic 'Debate on event'

Post by Dragonslayer »

Darge: let's name all of hoss' debate tactics as he uses them shall we
Hoss: let's not
Darge: ok so, there, that's discredidation
Darge: ill wait for scare tactics
Hoss: you were told not to antagonize players darge
Hoss: or do the sysops let you constantlly get by with that

That part was so ironic it mde me laugh :)
Dragonslayer of PHNX

Hoss

Post by Hoss »

That comment was not part of the debate. The debate was proposed to debate the topic without personal attacks. Evidently DragonSlayer thinks personal attacks are appropriate in this age of dissin' people to make a point. To insult is easy, discussion actually takes thinking. :)

Dragonslayer

Post by Dragonslayer »

You're saying you can't see the irony?

Darge mentions scare tactics, wich is promptyl followed by.

Hoss: you were told not to antagonize players darge
Hoss: or do the sysops let you constantlly get by with that

Wich looks a lot like threathening Darge with the sysop stick.

If you think I made an easy insult, just remember that you provided the set-up.
Dragonslayer of PHNX

Hoss

Post by Hoss »

No, Flisk was getting irritated at the both of us and I was telling him to be advised of the situation.

Darge
Title: The Raging Storm

Replying to Topic 'D

Post by Darge »

To insult is easy, discussion actually takes thinking.
I do hope you aren't trying to imply something about me. I'll assume it's just meant as a general statement.
Last edited by Darge on Wed Oct 18, 2006 10:38 pm, edited 1 time in total.
SIN
My father was a wolf, I'm a kinsman of the slain, Sworn to rise again
I will bring salvation, punishment and pain, The hammer of hate is our faith
Power and dominion are taken by the will, By divine right hail and kill

trav: you bad bad girl

Brad
Admin
Admin

Post by Brad »

Was there an actual debate in there? I was thinking by the title two guys were gonna face off on the actual event?

Hoss

Post by Hoss »

Yeah Brad, the actual debate was in the bottom 1/2 of the text. I didn't want anyone to accuse me of doctoring the buffer, so I included what was currently in the buffer and a lot of that wasn't part of the Event debate.

Basically, to summarize if I may, the side I was taking that the new people didn't much of a chance to participate in the debate because the way the zombies were designed, i.e.; too many re-incarnations, too hard to hit; hit too hard, it was a chug fest (most noobies don't have unlimited coin to spend on IH). My objections were that many infrequent and part time players were penalized in participation because of the the nature of the zombies.

I think I understand Darge's position that events have to cater to mid to high level players because that is Drakkar steady player base. He did mention that the alt2 zombies may not have been implemented properly. You will have to ask him on what he meant by that. He goes on to explain how prizes may be available through other events and etc. If Darge wants to explain his portion of the debate, then all is good. This is just my short synopsis.

srflynn64

Post by srflynn64 »

In relation to the event part of this discussion i have to agree with Hoss.

The zombies were utterley way overpowered for smaller crits, lets remember that no matter if you are sk 12 or sk 35 you should have had the same amount of probablitys in killing them in the same amount of time.

I went into the event with 3 crits and only 1 of them was any good at killing the zombies, and that was cause he could stand well enought away and in water so the zombies couldnt hit back.

What i would like too see is howe many shots it took high skill based players to go killing these zombies.

On a level 14/11 Healer it took up to 10 mins to kill one zombie, and the quickest way was using assault. (this was my only char that killed anything in the event and got 2 yp and a couple of Cons) - got bored of taking 10 mins to kill too

My Ment at leve; 13/11 couldnt touch them

My Barb at level 19/15 was being killed so quick that it was like feeding him to a pack of hungry lions.

As for saying that there are other events for the smaller chars, everyone pays the same amount to be able to go into any event and kill, gain the same things as everyother person playing that has large crits and were able to sustain the hits taken and killing.

I alone saw a few convo's in DZ and in Mirc where high level players were gaining untolled amounts of kills and smaller chars at level 15-20 were being slaughtered. People of smaller status were always going back because they were determined to get a kill and be able to gain a little of what these big guys were saying they were getting.

Tnem
Title: Lord

Post by Tnem »

The problem with events are that if you design them for the low lvl players (1-25) then it will be too easy and boring for the higher lvl players. To make it enjoyable for the high end players means that the low lvl players cant do the event. Personaly i think this is fine, there are plenty of events that the low lvl players can do :

2006 Holiday Event Schedule
Valentines Event: 13-20 Feb
St Patrick's Event: 13-20 Mar
Easter Event: 10-17 Apr
Back to School Event: 28 Aug-4 Sep
Halloween Event: 30 Oct-6 Nov
Thanksgiving Event: 20 Nov-27 Nov
Winter Event: 25/26 Dec-1/2 Jan

Those are all designed for low level players to do, and are virtualy useless for all the larger players. Why cant we larger players have an event that is "designed" for us every so often, is it too much to ask?
I alone saw a few convo's in DZ and in Mirc where high level players were gaining untolled amounts of kills and smaller chars at level 15-20 were being slaughtered
Why shouldnt the high end players be able to kill them easier, we have played the game (in my case for 6-7years) alot longer and have put more work into our characters than the lower lvl chars.

On a side note there are plenty of tactics that work for lower lvl people to do this event, in a group of 4 smaller crits my 2ndries did well killing them.

Tnem (please excuse spelling and grammar, its not my strong point)
Tnem's NL and GDH website
Last edited by Tnem on Fri Oct 20, 2006 8:39 am, edited 1 time in total.
Tnem
Wakka - "The moles are rejoicing in the victory". Damn those moles
Visit my website http://www.tnem.co.uk

Dragonslayer

Post by Dragonslayer »

Originally posted by Hoss

No, Flisk was getting irritated at the both of us and I was telling him to be advised of the situation.
Because it would be a shame if something happened to that nice account of you, woudn't it? [/mafia voice]
Dragonslayer of PHNX

Nas

Post by Nas »

"pepma: i know of an ma, who found a broom and i highly doubt he's above level 25, cause he fates everytime he gets up that high"

Oh, pep, you know me too well. :p

Ztinktoof

Post by Ztinktoof »

>> The problem with events are that if you design them for the low lvl players (1-25) then it will be too easy and boring for the higher lvl players..

There are multiple levels to the dungeons. Duh!

I guess special events are too difficult to setup to create challenges appropriate to player and dungeon level.

All I know is I walked down to *Nork 1* with a level 65 pally to see what the hub-bub was all about and almsot died within the first few seconds.

I did two-box with a healer and the event became trivial. That lasted about 5 minutes then I left. So much for a challenge.

Enough said.
Ztinktoof
Drakkars Moral Standard
Avatar (C) WIlliam Li: http://elfwood.lysator.liu.se/loth/w/i/william/
KaM Guild Website: http://mywebpages.comcast.net/ctanzio/kam.html

dodge

Post by dodge »

im not a big player and i gotta say i loved the event.
was the first time i experienced that event and it was fun developing tactics how to get those vile creatures even with small crits.
on yeti island for instance an ec ment could stay safe in the water and kill the zombies easily and a thief thats able to hide from the zombies could loot up the mess thats left.
noones getting hurt that way. well zombies of course, but they dun feel pain as i hear...

think positive