A movie quote that puzzles me

For things that have no home (Or non Drak-Related)
Fin

A movie quote that puzzles me

Post by Fin »

Hi all,

I watched a movie the other day that haven't seen in quite some time. It is called Loaded Weapon 1. For those of you who have silly senses of humor like I do its a great flick, but there is a scene that I don't get. I will post the entire conversation here;

Capt. Doyle: Don't be so fast to thank me on this, Luger, because you're going to be naked on this one. It's on the line for you. People are going to be watching. Now you blow it, you're going down. You screw up, you're going to be hung out to dry. You drop the ball, you're going to be left twisting in the wind. If you embarrass this department, your pants will be dancing with figs. Is that clear?

Luger: Everything except for the dancing with figs part!

Its the "your pants will be dancing with figs" part that baffles me. Naturally from the context I can follow it enough to know what he means when he says it, but I was wondering if that is a figure of speach in another country, or if anyone can shed anymore light on it at all.
Thanks in advance!
Fin

flisk
Admin
Admin
Title: King of Drakkar

Replying to Topic 'A movie quote that puzzles me'

Post by flisk »

The fig leaf was commonly used in various religious paintings to cover the "privates". The line "your pants will be dancing with figs." alludes back to the first quote "Don't be so fast to thank me on this, Luger, because you're going to be naked on this one."

Meaning that if the guy messes up no-one is going to cover his mistakes for him; but even more importantly he won't even be able to utilize the simpleist (spelling?) of protection.

PieterPost

Replying to Topic 'A movie quote that puzzles me'

Post by PieterPost »

Simplest...

and I'm Dutch, mind you.

Nemmywhammy