School Project

For things that have no home (Or non Drak-Related)
Sand

School Project

Post by Sand »

Howdy Everyone!
I hope I am in right forums for this. If not, I trust the Admins will move it.
For those of you who don't know me, I'm Sand_ZAND, a small thief or SirBear_STORM for all of you old people coming back. I'm in my junior year of highschool and doing a project for my Honors Genetics/Bioengineering class.

Part of it is to get the opinion of 50 people on a somewhat ethical/political issue in genetics. We've recently started talking about In Vitro Fertilization (IVF) and other forms of genetic reproduction. The scenario, I guess I should call it, is:

Through IVF you are able to choose a 'healthy' embryo to fertilize, and discard an 'unhealthy' embryo that could have some defect or possibly pass on a genetic disorder. What I was told to ask was whether or not should this be permitted for the sake of possibly putting an end to several major genetic disorders, or should this be prohibited due to the fact of it destroying the possibility of a child being born.

If you don't mind, please post your opinion or if you feel uncomfortable with posting here, please feel free to PM me on irc as Sand, or in DZ as Frostfoxx. I fear that I haven't explained it enough, and I can try to better explain it if the question isn't too indepth.

Please state whether you think it should be allowed or if it is ethically wrong and explain your position. Also, I would like to keep the thread flame free, so if guys can drop any in game problems out of this, it would be appreciated.

Thanks a ton!
-Sand

P.S. - Yes, this may be an odd place to get opinions, but why not ask the people I most interact with :D

Edit - Forgot a key part of the question, sorry!
Last edited by Sand on Thu Apr 14, 2005 5:30 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Mars
Admin
Admin

Replying to Topic 'School Project'

Post by Mars »

OK, I will let this post stand for now, HOWEVER, any replys must be private and not posted. We are not going to get into such a subject here, this is a game afterall.