cable question

For things that have no home (Or non Drak-Related)
Rygar

cable question

Post by Rygar »

I have never used cable, just dsl. But I am considering dropping my home phones. Paying for home phone and cell is kind of reduntant.

For you cable internet peoples out there... Is there a way to play a game and watch the tv on the same computer, if both are windowed? Would I need an extra "box"?

Would I need to buy some kind of tv card, to watch tv on my computer?

I'll ask the cable company on monday, but wanted to get an idea of what I need first. :)

Rygar

Darge
Title: The Raging Storm

Replying to Topic 'cable question'

Post by Darge »

well if you have a tv youll just use a splitter which splits the connection between the tv and the cable box. If you plan on also running an online video game system (xbox ps2) you should look into getting a router as opposed to disconnecting and connecting the cables each time you use one or the other, or if you plan on having the system and pc in different rooms. Also, one box provides internet connectivity, so if your watching internet tv, ie football games, then youd only need one box. But since its monday you might already haev been told all this >.>
SIN
My father was a wolf, I'm a kinsman of the slain, Sworn to rise again
I will bring salvation, punishment and pain, The hammer of hate is our faith
Power and dominion are taken by the will, By divine right hail and kill

trav: you bad bad girl

Blasteron

Post by Blasteron »

Yes you need a TV card to watch tv on your computer if you dont already have one. Its called a TV tuner card. ATI also makes a combo TV tuner and graphics card for games. Its called the AllInWonder. The latest version I believe is the AllInWonder9800 Pro.

darkriku

Post by darkriku »

I watch tv and play drakkar o n same pc all the time just uses a modem
Dz: Darkriku3 :D