parting idiocy

Ever made a mistake? <G>
Pol

parting idiocy

Post by Pol »

It's going back a few years now, to MPGN, but I had a few really stupid newbie messups.
A friend joined 2 days before I did, so it was like "don't bother with the school, I can teach you everything you need to know." Ok <shrugs> I head into Nork. Wait for me by the steel flower. No problem, I find that. "Where are you?"
I'm in the pool - I can't see you, sure it's the right pool?
This went on for an hour, with both of us trying various different location methods.
In the end we contacted Gimli (ah those were the days) and were very gently told that maybe one of us had changed alts. When we were actually told what an alt was, I was kinda embarassed.
Anyways, A couple of days went by and we'd made it as far as the stairs from n-2 - n-3. I was a huge and proud level 2 ment and I had my own sanguin scales by then, but I'd had to log out there the night before and I hadn't got a twig or healing pots.
Kensai says np, I'll bring you a spare one. So off he runs and makes an extra twig to SF and then comes running back. We stand there on the same hex, he puts the twig on the floor for me and disappears.
Hmm... not sure what happened there, hold on, I'll make another one and be right back.
4 hours later and I believe with a bit of information from Quorng, we learned another valuable lesson of drakk - you activate a twig by pressing the button or by dropping it yourself.
All the help and advice (not gear) we both got from all the big guys back then was what kept me playing for so many years I think, was better at locker skilling in those days even than LK :p.

Oh well, done rambling, Take care, specially all you old guys ;)
Polgara

Men - Can't live with them and if you tie them to the bumper and drive at high speeds over speedhumps the authorities tend to frown