nl solo content

Borderland Chat
Thes

nl solo content

Post by Thes »

Good afternoon. I have been playing of and on since sometime around 2000. My barb is 43 30ls. I have mostly nothing left to do in cob and will soon be at the level cap. I noticed the price for nl is half price currently so I'm on the fence about subscribing. However being this far behind most of you folks, not really ever asking for help, kind of like to do things on my own and with pretty limited play time how much can I really accomplish? I found a couple sites that have some quest information but I don't know if I'll even be able to accomplish anything and looking for any insight. Anyway any thoughts would be appreciated or basic avoid this etc. Thanks

Skip

Re: nl solo content

Post by Skip »

Alot of people have nuthin to do... NL does have stuff to do at lev 43.

Make some friends and ask for some help.

Dornar decent place for exp solo; Banditlord rings are lev 30 to wear -will need some bandit faction in order to trade in head for ring.

You can talk to Shimok to get flagged for wolf pages & book at lev 45.

Never too soon to start killing banditkins for akronium rocks (cob reveal twigs help).

Time to start building one of the town factions by killing guards in it's opposite town, need to get to friendly (13,000) to either Graine or Nameless to get into GreatHalls trials - needed to progress into the other half of NL.

~ Buzz-Skip__KAM ~

Cobra

Post by Cobra »

I'd agree with Buzz for dornar xp if you can survive it. Don't know with having cob gear now if it's doable. Used to suck hard on barb before 56 in NL. I'd say ccob ud5 probably still best xp, especially if you stick to north rooms.

If you can't do dornar, banditkins, and whatever forestkins are called now are good xp to get you to 55. As Buzz mentioned, they drop 10 lb ore quite often, which you'll need a few bricks of.

Solo content and NL just don't go together very well at all. At least you run a barb, so there's always a few lvls of mormar to do once you are primal. 1-8 isn't bad, and once you get to 16, it's about the easiest high xp floor to do, because you usually can do 1-2 mobs at a time.

Once you get your skill up, and some quirks, you can pretty much do whatever mormar floor you feel like.

50-56 used to be the worst lvls ever on a barb, but now with having sas armor, maybe those lvls aren't pure hell.

Cobra

Thes

Post by Thes »

Hello, not trying to necro my old thread but have a few questions as I decided to try out the game yet again and have a few questions. I found a few sites and got a bunch of info that helped, but a few things are still eluding me

1) Couple of doors that are locked, assume I need a thief for? Wolf book quest guy, basment in sw town for sabre trader (once I get saplings), Sekora.

2) The reason for Sekora is mostly that I heard the barb tiers dropped down there instead of where Im finding a ton of other tiers (keep, dornar). I guess there are tiers at 35,40,44 that I could have now and just trying to track them down. Nothing I find in keeps works for me

3) I read I need to faction in either Graine or Nameless, but also read that I should just kill in sw town for faction with them. What is the easiest way to go about getting the faction I need?

4) Once I get saplings (takes awhile to kill the mages with juntes gaunts!) and get leveled to 55 can I solo the primal bosses as a 55/30 LS barb or is it something I will need to get help for?

Thanks for your help

Merlin

Post by Merlin »

Hi,

Cob gear changed alot of things for nameless solo play. But for the most part you're still going to need a party.

Look me up in DZ and I can help you out with lairs/doors.
Elessar: karbeck is a sweety

Thes

Post by Thes »

Thanks! Ill hit you up shortly. Im getting close to 55, Ive got my faction done and cleared a few of the blobs in GH. I dont know how hard most of the primal bosses are or sir A in GH. I found most of the tiers I needed and got access to the basement. Just need the wolf quest door eventually, but primarily focused on the leveling for now.