outer bandit lord key fustration

Borderland Chat
Roganemor

outer bandit lord key fustration

Post by Roganemor »

Ok, it past very fustrating now. Killing couple hundred ice creatures should have produced a key by now (Trade in key is for inner door).

Sucks to be stalled at 55/30 because of ridiculously rare drops. I know I could ask around for someone to open the door but I do like to do as much as I can before asking.

I don't mind grinding, but there is a limit.

thank for listening :)

Quaternion

Re: outer bandit lord key fustration

Post by Quaternion »

This key has always been very rare. A member of my guild once spent five days of grinding just to find his own key with a max MA. Somewhat strangely also drops off crits after door.

Quaternion

Brad
Admin
Admin

Post by Brad »

I'll take a look into making this more available. Some of the drop rates were based on really aggressive play ( smile )

Moon

Post by Moon »

aggresive and boring are two different things... :)

Quaternion

Post by Quaternion »

If the door is closed it's not really possible to do aggressive play as the number of enemies and their regeneration is low.

On a positive note, this key is so rare that it is highly prized item. That being the case I am not so sure it should be made too much easier to find. Perhaps make more zoo outside door instead?

Brad
Admin
Admin

Post by Brad »

Yeah thats one of the rubs, its a single generator, so you can deplete the other side.

I'm looking at that now.

Ravaillac

Post by Ravaillac »

Could you also check the drop rate of bat wings and terror bloods in the bog as well please Brad?

Roganemor

Post by Roganemor »

Wonder if many drops were 'tweaked' like that when they were alot more players.
Example: Titan bones, figure I should have seen 1 by now but all I get is a rare gem or tier

WabbitMonster

Post by WabbitMonster »

Actually, making a drop a rare is one thing. But to just change it because there are a lot of persons hunting in that area is stupid. If the drop is supposed to be one for every 500 killed of that type of crit then ok. Leave it that way. But just becuase its being over hunted by alot of people then dont change it becuase like every normal person once you change something like this. It then goes from being a rare drop to uber rare drop because those persons are going to move on from that area and no longer hunt there. And once they move on new persons hunting in that same area may not be as many as before. And then you come upon what is going on now. Frustrastion because your attention has now been drawn elsewhere in the game be it new content, game bugs, or just changing other drop rates cause that new area being hunted is being aggresively hunted. And then it all starts all over again because you change that drop rate so then the ones that are behind your drop rate changes and you have to go back and re-evaluate the drop rate. Make it one drop rate for that item and leave it that way, be it an aggresive hunting area at the time or not. There should be no reason to have to keep going back and tweeking older areas of the game on drop rates.

And an item such as the outer Bandit Lord key should never become a Uber Rare drop. Just as one has stated above, there are lots of persons that would rather hunt till they find the item they need and be self reliant than having to ask others for assistance on something as small as just a key to get into a lair.

Take the Sekora lair for instance. To get in there one needs a high level theif to pick the lock. I have not heard of an instance where there is a key that drops for there either. So a guild that does not have a high skill level thief cant get into there, unless by the kindness of someone else they either open the door or someone else has gone in due to needing something in there for someone else and they can catch the doors open. And now that you are having this new floor reset as often as you do one day the doors can be open and the next they can be closed.

Now with that being said. Could you please check the drop rates on the following areas and items. Bat Wings, Bloods from Terrors and Mormar, Perfect Fluidic Diamonds (have spent 1 to 3 hours a day in M17 for 7 to 10 days with zero drop).

Basically lets get with one drop rate and leave it that way. Lets not have to keep changing it and take the chance of breaking or disturbing any other areas due to making new changes all the time to older content that was working just fine before.

Volcom

Post by Volcom »

could you just up the drop rate of everything im currently hunting because i haven't found 12 copies of it yet for me and all my friends. please <grin>

Buzzlightyear

Post by Buzzlightyear »

Friends LOL do you not mean all the account you are using at any givin time

Quaternion

Post by Quaternion »

The drop rates are fine on things like bloods, wings. Really doesn't take long in the scheme of time spent in game. I agree with Volcoms sentiment. There does seem to be a lets make things easier as its something I need attitude. For many years people have done just fine with rates as they are. Bloods, wings and even fluidics are only so prized because they are rareish (which is not even that rare) please don't ruin their value.

One addendum however is a different graphic for fluidics would be nice so didnt have to spend ages clicking each

Roganemor

Post by Roganemor »

Still no luck on that key :(

Hopefully the drop rate increase mentioned in the version notes did not iclude the crits 'behind' the locked door :lol:

Merlin

Post by Merlin »

I have one of these keys on my account, I should probably log back on and give it to someone or at-least open the door!
Elessar: karbeck is a sweety

WabbitMonster

Post by WabbitMonster »

if you give it away merlin give it to me. apparently mine grew legs. and if you decide you need or want them back I will be more than happy to give them back also.

Skip

Post by Skip »

Call me crazy --- but does it seem to other players that the overall drop rate is different (higher) when in a party of 3 or more ?

It sure seems like the drop rate has changed (decreased) during the last 3 years, for NL items.

~ Buzz-Skip__KAM ~

Martialarts

Post by Martialarts »

What Drop rate none as far as i can see is the correct rate.. 3 years looking for it what a joke. Just another item that has gone in reality those who have the keys are rare now days.
The MA
DEATH IS SWEET

Skip

Post by Skip »

I am trying to remember to go and open the doors each week after the reset.

It took me awhile to get my set of keys, but I think i got the non-quest key after a total of 6 hours spread over the course of a month. Not positive, but I think it dropped for me off an Icebandit - the rarest of the normal guys in NW ice floes area.

~ Buzz / Skip__KAM ~