SDC 2 Feedback

Borderland Chat
joe

Re: SDC 2 Feedback

Post by joe »

I think not having a tp spot is kind of gimping one of the nice things about a ment. Just like having normal mobs do calming attacks... more of a pain then it needs to be.

Quaternion

Post by Quaternion »

The regen is still messed up, if you are killing in the first bit of cave, the zoo begins to accumilate at the climb up cave area. It would be good if these two areas had independant zoo generation. Also with the amount of nuggets required and the limited drop rate and spawn of elders, i would like to see upto 4 elders spawned at one time rather than 3.

Terrel

Post by Terrel »

Quaternion wrote:The regen is still messed up, if you are killing in the first bit of cave, the zoo begins to accumilate at the climb up cave area. It would be good if these two areas had independant zoo generation. Also with the amount of nuggets required and the limited drop rate and spawn of elders, i would like to see upto 4 elders spawned at one time rather than 3.

Agreed on both points, but the separate regens on the two areas is probably more critical

Cyric

Post by Cyric »

Hawk409 wrote:for the bridge thing, maybe afew more can be added, like i did in this picture

In my opinion the calming attacks is abit much, there were afew times i lost 2 levels of zerk in a round, this is with 0 in calm resistance
I can echo that remark. I have 20/20 in Calm Resistance and all it amounts to is wasted 200 QPs putting there in the first place. It feels as if the quirk does not work at all. If that can't be adjusted here is my scenario:

1 - Fully zerk at skill 39 with full zerk pool.
2 - Walk into SDC 2 (hell even SDC for that matter)
3 - Take one hit from any crit in first cave. Boom! Back to You are now out of control.
4 - Next round, b
5 - Next round, dead due to can't swing or useless riposte for HP since zerk pool is gone from top to OOC in one round.
6 - Repeat 1-5 a few times.
Cyric

--Coming to you live from the Supreme Throne

Merlin

Post by Merlin »

Cyric wrote:
Hawk409 wrote:for the bridge thing, maybe afew more can be added, like i did in this picture

In my opinion the calming attacks is abit much, there were afew times i lost 2 levels of zerk in a round, this is with 0 in calm resistance
I can echo that remark. I have 20/20 in Calm Resistance and all it amounts to is wasted 200 QPs putting there in the first place. It feels as if the quirk does not work at all. If that can't be adjusted here is my scenario:

1 - Fully zerk at skill 39 with full zerk pool.
2 - Walk into SDC 2 (hell even SDC for that matter)
3 - Take one hit from any crit in first cave. Boom! Back to You are now out of control.
4 - Next round, b
5 - Next round, dead due to can't swing or useless riposte for HP since zerk pool is gone from top to OOC in one round.
6 - Repeat 1-5 a few times.

De-zerk is just an annoyance and doesn't really serve a purpose, I propose take it out.

Who's with me?

Even on lairs, where is the ments/MA/pally penalty?

Why should a barb loose his zerk, a ment doesn't loose EP and pally's don't loose the ability to haste maxstrike and likewise with hasted RP ma's. This seems like some precaution to ensure that barbs aren't over powered but has gotten out of control by addind this de-zerk ability to every man and his gnome.
Elessar: karbeck is a sweety

Cyric

Post by Cyric »

Merlin wrote:
De-zerk is just an annoyance and doesn't really serve a purpose, I propose take it out.

Who's with me?

Even on lairs, where is the ments/MA/pally penalty?

Why should a barb loose his zerk, a ment doesn't loose EP and pally's don't loose the ability to haste maxstrike and likewise with hasted RP ma's. This seems like some precaution to ensure that barbs aren't over powered but has gotten out of control by addind this de-zerk ability to every man and his gnome.
Lair crits is understandable and I agree with that, especially when riposte would fire away at the target and not back at the originator (which has been "fixed").

I'll tell you right now, if that is not changed, the whole class may as well be removed since no one will want to build a barb with the built-in penalty at high level areas. I didn't start playing again just to be calmed into submission.
Cyric

--Coming to you live from the Supreme Throne

Merlin

Post by Merlin »

So as per this thread the general feeling seem to be:

Fix the raft so it can be used by multiple people at one time. (or alternative add more rafts in a staggered pattern)
Remove the De-zerk which seems to be overkill.
Add a TP spot, its twiggable, pleased make it TP'able

Did I miss anything?

Diago

Post by Diago »

Maze wrote:
Volcom wrote:Anyone found a hex that you can memorize a teleport on? I have found that you can set twigs on Homack(Healer). A hex i could memorize would be wonderful!
I agree a teleport hex in sdc2 would be nice to have .

PLZ do this and have thoughts of kittens, puppys and everything kind & loving...

Terrel

Post by Terrel »

Could you please look at the drop rate for elder gnome heads Brad? I haven't spoken to anyone who has found one yet, and i'd guess between us we've killed 500 of the buggers. Considering there aren't that many elder gnomes to begin with, I'd suggest that if the item is itemized and dropping, either the drop rate needs to be increased or the # of elders should be increased.

Thanks!

Brad
Admin
Admin

Post by Brad »

Sure, i'll take a look.

Merlin

Post by Merlin »

Terrel wrote:Could you please look at the drop rate for elder gnome heads Brad? I haven't spoken to anyone who has found one yet, and i'd guess between us we've killed 500 of the buggers. Considering there aren't that many elder gnomes to begin with, I'd suggest that if the item is itemized and dropping, either the drop rate needs to be increased or the # of elders should be increased.

Thanks!

I agree our group has not seen one drop either.

Terrel

Post by Terrel »

Brad, I'd also like to suggest expanding the size of the first gnome area. If there are two parties in there, both parties have a decent amount of down time.

I don't think regen is the answer; that just makes it harder to hold an area. More mobs in the same footprint creates a different problem; it becomes too difficult to establish a foothold for a party. That's why I'm suggesting increasing the size.

I know it sounds crazy, but there have been 3+ parties looking to kill in there lately. Now, you might point out that there are two other areas to hunt in. I'd say 2 things:

1.The plant area is a duo area at most; it won't support more than that.

2.The 49'er area is ok, I guess, but folks want to hunt the gnome area for nuggets and the mythical elder head!

(Edited for spelling)
Last edited by Terrel on Fri Dec 31, 2010 11:42 am, edited 1 time in total.

Tirith
Title: The Raging Darge

Post by Tirith »

Increasing the size, I was also thinking this. 1 party can easily outkill the entire level... so really this place only supports 2 parties... 1 up and 1 down.. or a really good party can do both up and down. I propose a gnome-1 area with a decent size that could support at least 2 more parties down there.. Then youve got enough places for 4 parties which is enough for the people hunting at this time and for the future.

Tirith
Title: The Raging Darge

Post by Tirith »

My friends and I got to talking.. Now that we can achieve skill 40... We know the bonuses for 31-39, Are there any bonuses in place for skill 40? Will they get posted like the previous bonuses were?

Merlin

Post by Merlin »

Tirith wrote:My friends and I got to talking.. Now that we can achieve skill 40... We know the bonuses for 31-39, Are there any bonuses in place for skill 40? Will they get posted like the previous bonuses were?

Yes it would be good to know what we are working towards :)

Quaternion

Post by Quaternion »

Increasing the size, I was also thinking this. 1 party can easily outkill the entire level... so really this place only supports 2 parties... 1 up and 1 down..
I agree with this. Also the regeneration of enemies on both levels being linked because they are actually the same level is awkward. If a slow party like a single thief has upper area say then the party on the lower level is depending on the kill rate of that single thief for their kill rate. Also we all want to hunt elders so it would be fairer if each area had their own elders spawned.

Brad
Admin
Admin

Post by Brad »

Thanks for the feedback guys.

Whats i fix the regen issue, i'll come back and re-examine the area size.

Thanks

Merlin

Post by Merlin »

looks like the bridge is fixed now too brad, thanks!!

Mars
Admin
Admin

Post by Mars »

Brad
The darkness and the bridge needs a look at. the bridge literally disappears

Volcom

Post by Volcom »

Merlin wrote:
Volcom wrote:Casting darkness by the bridge to gnome area seems to make the bridge not work
Because the bridge operator can't see you :p
Mars wrote:Brad
The darkness and the bridge needs a look at. the bridge literally disappears

The bridge operator needs a nightlight apparently

Volcom

Post by Volcom »

Brad any info on a MT hex?

Succor went out of style years ago!

Volcom

Post by Volcom »

Thief Tiers? Have seen multiple tiers for every class but not one for a thief. Is the new thief tier actually dropping? I feel like its more than just bad luck that we haven't found one yet.

Martialarts

Post by Martialarts »

You know I wonder what an Martial artist is going to get here in sdc2 area..

Seems he is stuck with all his gear being the same as it is.. While others get up graded weapons that help them block better and hit harder.. Seems a bit unfair to me to let others get better gear and the ma is left out in the cold a pally rocks there and almost every one else gets adds to help them but not the ma?

Just a thought does not matter to me I have closed some accounts and re thinking my part here and asking questions.. Might be I am missing something! :|
The MA
DEATH IS SWEET

Skip

Post by Skip »

In response to MartialArts:
I'm guessing that the killer weapon upgrade from +10 to 12 is an attempt to restore a little bit of that elusive, mythical, "class balance" that may have been perceived to have swung a bit too far towards MA's, and away from the other Hitter classes.

I've only group hunted with my 78-36 MA a few times, compared to 60 billion of exp on my 78-39 Barb. For a given period of time - it feels like my Barb dies more frequently than my MA - but not by a wide margin. As to damage inflicted to the baddies - I'd have to conclude that MA still outdamages Barb.

General SDC2 comments:
So far, I've only been to first area east of floating bridge, as well as up to the plants, and into Betrayer. I am not impressed. I would have thought there would be some degree of itemization / upgrade to player gear. (I am still looking for better gaunts to fight with for a non-MA). Better gear might allow duo - trio's to survive alot better. It also seems silly to have a seller, yet no Bank.

As a quirk maxxed, skill 39 Barb - the dezerk rate is still too high, and seems like a sick joke against Barbs. Even with +12 hally, full healer & FM buffs - its very difficult to hit those first Gnomes. Just hunted gnomes in small group tonite - and was a bit surprised to discover that I could hit those guys easier / more often than 2 months ago -- back then, I felt lucky if I got a round where I landed more than 1 swing of a quad swing attack, and the number of zero swings landing in a round was fairly common & disheartening -- That made me spend most of my in-game time screwing around building secondary skills - or helping guildies / friends in non-sdc2 areas.

As mentioned in another forum post == SDC2 feels like an inordinate amount of grind for lev 79 & 80, and feels like mostly "stick", and very little "carrot".

~ Buzz-Skip__KAM ~

Martialarts

Post by Martialarts »

Skip wrote:In response to MartialArts:
I'm guessing that the killer weapon upgrade from +10 to 12 is an attempt to restore a little bit of that elusive, mythical, "class balance" that may have been perceived to have swung a bit too far towards MA's, and away from the other Hitter classes.

I've only group hunted with my 78-36 MA a few times, compared to 60 billion of exp on my 78-39 Barb. For a given period of time - it feels like my Barb dies more frequently than my MA - but not by a wide margin. As to damage inflicted to the baddies - I'd have to conclude that MA still outdamages Barb.

~ Buzz-Skip__KAM ~
I do agree that the blocking ablities of an ma is very nice but in sdc2 as a fully quirk maxed 78/39.50 ma i can tell you this. The difficult thing is to even last more then 5 rounds even with a healer. My thief with adds at 78/37 is better at it there with healer buffs and he has very little amount of quirks. Seems that the hear in sdc2 gear is what is holding most back. The upgrades on the wepons for others help loads balance that blocking ability. As far as Barbs i have no clue. The area as a whole is not worth the effort the grind for 80 is not what im looking for its the journy im looking for. For now its just punishment not worth the effort in reality.
The MA
DEATH IS SWEET