something i dont know about?

Borderland Chat
Cobra

Re: something i dont know about?

Post by Cobra »

One that makes it so that the bait pally and healer in lair doesn't die to acid as well? Way we ran it everyone but two was out of lair when acid hit. No reason to have useless deaths and eats when you can simply walk offscreen to avoid damage. Not every lair is tank and spank zerg rush. Some actually do require a little more thought.

Cobra

chaos

Post by chaos »

it would be tank and spank if you took a bunch of pallys to it wouldent have to run out of lair they take almost close to nothing from acid

Migam

Post by Migam »

chaos wrote:just curious why in the top end of game there is like a 5 to 1 ratio of MAS/pallys to barbs is there soemthing i dont know about?

Maybe the massive dmg the MAS do
the def. pallys have
they can be hasted
not to mention a pally has like 500 less hits then a barb
just thinking i should reroll into a class that is more fit for then end game, i could be wrong but dont think i am any one have thoughts on this?
You asked for other's thoughts and you got it. Were you really asking for advice or was this just an excuse to complain?

You've cursed, made lots of blow and suck references all because players replying aren't agreeing with you. I'm sure others will post that agree 100% with you when they get on. Frankly, I find it hard to follow your post since you don't use the . key at all and I can't tell where a sentence starts and ends without re-reading it twice.

You are upset about barb in end game, we get it, that's your opinion. Others who don't share it have their own and maybe have an alternate and better playstyle that works for them.
Starfire: There are two wolves fighting in each man's heart. One is Love, the other is Hate.
Ghost: Which one wins?
Starfire: The one you feed the most.
---Pathfinder

Tirith
Title: The Raging Darge

Post by Tirith »

The opinions have been made... I would say it might be more constructive that after you complain.. you offer up some suggestions that would improve upon the problems you state.. I think if they are good ideas that don't throw things out of balance.. that they might be plausible to use.

chaos

Post by chaos »

lol sorry im not the brightest

i am upset very its disapointing that i cant do nothing with my soloable class past sdc caves and floor lv and maybe 1 crit at a time in orc-1 maybe more if there was a icon for cub smack seeming i die when its on me and maybe another tier thats on me?

people wont agree with me cause you guys all like your pallys and mas and dont want to remake your barb but im not saying they need to be on top im simpley saying there needs to be a medium in this game

chaos

Post by chaos »

i dont think i should have to do it thou..................

the fact that 3 of the top 5 or 6 guilds epic, chaos, owns has probelly close to 30 accounts paid for??? but no barbs i was in a hunt 18 people with those people guess what i was solo again

anyone know why oh yeah barbs are obsolete if thats how you spell that word

Cobra

Post by Cobra »

I can think of at least 5 accounts in chaos/owns that have barbs as mains that no longer play because of various reasons. None of which are barbs are underpowered. Almost all quit because of little to no new content, and the content that did come out, was supposed to be solo and it's not.

The big barbs are out there, but don't play because there is no reason to yet.

Cobra

chaos

Post by chaos »

my last statment would be thou
barbs are a good class and can go through the game easilyto a point but if the game is going in a all party based system theres no point in being one and it really needs to be changed

Teh_Cheat

Post by Teh_Cheat »

I think it might be time for a crying baby picture. =)

You have to understand that there needs to be class balance in this game, and I'd say that there is a pretty good balance right now. Every class has it's role and their own strengths/weaknesses.

If you're going to bring up the fact that top end guilds don't use Barbs again, I'll bring up the fact that out of our 7 or 8 crit rotation, TWO of them were Barbarians.

And why would people even need to hunt in the orc caves? The only items offered there are for crystal resistance and it's not even in the game. Let's not use SDC as a discussion as it's not in it's final form. BDC was out a year before it's changes were put into place.

It sounds to me that you just don't like the class you've chosen. You got used to being able to tear apart everything and be the tops, and when your brought back down it's unfair to you.
SIN

Cobra

Post by Cobra »

So your argument is really that the game is going party based and not that barbs are screwed? Finally, get on the bandwagon and pray that they fix it before the game dies.

Cobra

srflynn64

Post by srflynn64 »

Ill sit on the fence in this one coz i can see the positives and negatives of a barb!!!

Barbs rock up to the point of BDC - from there it gets real hard, but i cant really comment about barbs in SDC or past skill 35---YET!!!!!
I not long returned from a break of the game and TBH the damage abs of a barb up to doing the Therm/Merc capts is fine. just myself on my barb at 76/35 and a healer at 78/38 almost duo'd Therm, he got a lucky shot in though that hit for over 5.5k just after i had deserked :roll: , but even on this hunt i never have a prob with damage input or output.

Barb fields onwwrds have always been a problem for me solo, up to SDC i have only done a little bit but the mobs there i think a lot of people will say are a tad OP for solo play. Only being able to use 2 or 3 of the barb tiers to get hits on mobs is a joke as it only gives you a shot amount of time hitting mobs before 1) pulling to pallydog 2) hiding in the dark till tiers are availiable again.

Cleave - hmm what to say on this for a barb skill, pre skill 35 as i am all i can say is it blows big time, i cant wait to try it at a higher skill when there lower des'rk on it, Trying to keep a count on how many levels above froth on the zerk at sk35 is shocking, specially when im having to keep control of my 2 buttons i need on him.

Ive had a barb now for as long as i can remember, been that long i suffered memory loss of pre IEN days and the pay a penny by the minute on my aol dial up :lol: and TBH i seen plenty of barbs in game still, hell i been on hunts with people from OWNS and such that have still used barbs in the past couple weeks

chaos

Post by chaos »

<EDITED>

keep playing your mas and pallys and hope brad dont change the game

the class needs work cobra plain an simple

Teh_Cheat

Post by Teh_Cheat »

keep playing your mas and pallys and hope brad dont change the game

the class needs work cobra plain an simple
haha, nice.

My Paladin stopped being my main a long time ago. I play F/M.
Last edited by Teh_Cheat on Mon Aug 16, 2010 3:11 pm, edited 1 time in total.
SIN

chaos

Post by chaos »

i guess i should shut up then cause that class is even worse but atleast they help in a party
they are fun thou

Teh_Cheat

Post by Teh_Cheat »

I love my class.

I might not have the best damage or the best defense, but I have awesome quirks, can teleport, have a wide range of useful skills that benefit my class, I can hunt solo AND am useful in a party.

Everything isn't about how much damage you put out, there is much more to playing this game.
SIN

Tirith
Title: The Raging Darge

Post by Tirith »

Really.. that kind of language is not acceptable in the forum... If you have been here long enough to be of respectable size in the game.. you should also be of respectable character. You may need to reread the forums tos.

chaos

Post by chaos »

tir if you care that much about the game maybe you should put what you really think on this matter of barbs sucking that bad? cause i believe your pm to me went sometime like my bad mouth says barbs absolultly blow is what you said to me if i like a melee class make a pally or ma cause bad mouths on the forums isent the problem in the game its the lack of feedback to brad about what really goes on and attempts to make a balanced game

Quaternion

Post by Quaternion »

Seems to me that this thread has got a little too heated, we all want to good things for the game so lets try to be nice even if we disagree.

Rather than focus on what a class can or can't do i would like to see a more complete cobrahn like scenario which has different areas suited to different classes. Of course to develop such an area would not be easy.

As an illustration think about some cobrahn areas with characters of cob size,

Arun: sticks get disarmed so ments are better.

Undead: Ments do very little damage (except for 3.5) so sticks are better.

Something similar and all classes might feel their worth again.

Merlin

Post by Merlin »

I've played along side with Cobra for alot of years and I have played my own maxed out barb on all game content too, and I can say that I 100% agree with him.

Because you deem your class to be 'bad' does not make that a fact, you obviously arent doing it right and need to adjust your mentality of just stacking b;arg.

Barbs are awesome fun to play and I love mine, yes they did take a bit of a 'nerf' with the riposte tweak but i dont think that has damaged the class they just have a different way of killing things now :)

My ment can get oneshotted by AA,Wyverns,orc area,caves,forrest, you dont see every ment in the game complaining they are un-balanced.

Adjust your style of play like everyone else does to cope with it.
Elessar: karbeck is a sweety

chaos

Post by chaos »

i understand you have a barb that you play but when i did a few hunts with you vamp and trav how come there was no barbs on hunts all pallys and mas with ments and healers?

its cause you know that barbs got shafted
trust me this game is not complicated theres nothing to be adjusted in my style of play just needs to be adjusted in game just because you guys are the oldest players and done everything doesent make you the best like i said im not some noob i got plenty of time on this game as a barb more then most and there pointless in the way the game is going what good is soloing in a party based game

ments get one shoted because well there ments im suppose to have the most hits in game but it dont make a difference cause everything hits so hard it is better to make a pally they hit just as hard take less dmg from aoe things dont get hit at all thats 3 things that a barb has that a pally does better and mas are just sick but im sure you know that

Migam

Post by Migam »

chaos wrote:i guess i should shut up then cause that class is even worse but atleast they help in a party
they are fun thou
Yet you haven't. No one is going to convince you that you are wrong and you are not going to convince the ones that don't agree you are right so this thread is a waste and just a bunch of back and forth crap. Mars should just close it as useless. Debate is when all are willing to concede a point or two. This is not that.

What are you expecting? A choir from above singing and Brad to proclaim that barbs should dominate everything once again and give them more? Other class abilities and tiers help equalize things for a change so not everyone needs to play barb (or be a support class to a barb). MAs can kick ass and get uber gaunts, etc.? Good for them!!

If MAs are so supreme in your eyes, RR. Otherwise, you proven your first post was just complaining and not a sincere question.
Starfire: There are two wolves fighting in each man's heart. One is Love, the other is Hate.
Ghost: Which one wins?
Starfire: The one you feed the most.
---Pathfinder

chaos

Post by chaos »

what am i expecting? a fair game
cant be that much of a wasted useless post or whatever you called it there is plently of people talking on it
everyone that is saying its already fair is already a pally or ma and know its a EDIT system

i would reroll to a pally if i was to reroll there beasty not a MA goku is a EDIT conan is sweet like me

if you think its a pointless convo dont talk on it i dont want to hear from you you already posted something like read forums you would know to make a MA not a barb

Darge
Title: The Raging Storm

Post by Darge »

If you do not have at least 1 Barbarian in your group for serious progression, you don't know what you're doing. The utility they bring to a party is immense, the damage they do when played properly against multi-swing lairs (read, every NL lair) easily out of a pally's reach, even when hasted, and their survivability is second best in the game.

PEBCAK, so sayeth DARGE.
SIN
My father was a wolf, I'm a kinsman of the slain, Sworn to rise again
I will bring salvation, punishment and pain, The hammer of hate is our faith
Power and dominion are taken by the will, By divine right hail and kill

trav: you bad bad girl

chaos

Post by chaos »

no way i bet a maxed out hasted pally does more dmg then a barb

stick to graphics color me up a new sword

Darge
Title: The Raging Storm

Post by Darge »

How bout this, I'll make you a graphics file that affixes all your gear with "I'm a bad player" in big bold lettering. This way, you'll never forget and be less inclined to get uppity with the handful of people in this thread who all know more than you, and are better players than you, despite your grammatically horrendous protestations to the contrary.

P.S. It'll look a bit like this, but I'm thinking italics and red lettering, just so you don't forget.
SIN
My father was a wolf, I'm a kinsman of the slain, Sworn to rise again
I will bring salvation, punishment and pain, The hammer of hate is our faith
Power and dominion are taken by the will, By divine right hail and kill

trav: you bad bad girl