something i dont know about?

Borderland Chat
chaos

something i dont know about?

Post by chaos »

just curious why in the top end of game there is like a 5 to 1 ratio of MAS/pallys to barbs is there soemthing i dont know about?

Maybe the massive dmg the MAS do
the def. pallys have
they can be hasted
not to mention a pally has like 500 less hits then a barb
just thinking i should reroll into a class that is more fit for then end game, i could be wrong but dont think i am any one have thoughts on this?

Migam

Re: something i dont know about?

Post by Migam »

chaos wrote:just curious why in the top end of game there is like a 5 to 1 ratio of MAS/pallys to barbs is there soemthing i dont know about?

the def. pallys have
they can be hasted
just thinking i should reroll into a class that is more fit for then end game, i could be wrong but dont think i am any one have thoughts on this?
Yes, RR to MA, if you followed forums and dz, you'd see why.

Run! Don't walk!!
Starfire: There are two wolves fighting in each man's heart. One is Love, the other is Hate.
Ghost: Which one wins?
Starfire: The one you feed the most.
---Pathfinder

Teh_Cheat

Post by Teh_Cheat »

chaos wrote:just curious why in the top end of game there is like a 5 to 1 ratio of MAS/pallys to barbs is there soemthing i dont know about?

the def. pallys have
they can be hasted
5 to 1 ratio is a bit of an exaggeration.

Not very long ago Barbarians were one of the most popular of classes. The only negative aspect of their class is that they don't have a solid AoE ability.
SIN

chaos

Post by chaos »

the aoe dont matter really

pallys have a sweet amount of def. let alone hasted max strike is better then anything a barb can do oh also they take like half the dmg or third even on AAs acid attacks and im guessing nlls fire to??

mas i wont even talk about everyone already knows whats up with them they kill zoos faster then ments like 10x faster do about as much dmg as 5 barbs and there hits are pretty stacked as well

barbs were only popular at one point cause they switched the xp system over and it made it better to get lv 25 after that barbs were nothing and arent

also a zerked barb use to have like 60 percent more health then other classes and now its like 6 percent

Tirith
Title: The Raging Darge

Post by Tirith »

if you are talking about the high end.. then you are absolutely wrong.. Barbs have way more health than pallies or MA's when zerked... dare say almost 50% more?

chaos

Post by chaos »

i could be way wrong on the hits maybe the number i was looking at was with avatar and party quirks but the point of this convo was theres no point in running a barb anymore a pally can walk around anywhere and a ma can out dmg small partys and tir come on you have to agree how many accounts do you and your buddys run and how many of them are barbs and how many are pallys/ma i can almost gaurentee there all mas/pallys/healers and ments how close am i?

also the skills for barbs 31-39 can suck me there pointless double the zerk pool wow thats good stuff almost as close as a 3rd swing on maxstrike or a 30 percent dmg boost to e/e or the 2nd jumpstrike i think it is and my favorite 2 for barbs half and full dmg abs whats 70 dmg abs when i get hit for 4k? if im getting those right its off the top of my head not to sure?

chaos

Post by chaos »

just reading old posts in the barbs area

DARGE says on the comments

something occurs to you
reroll now

thinking thats a hint for me

Tirith
Title: The Raging Darge

Post by Tirith »

well if DARGE says it.. then you better obey!

Teh_Cheat

Post by Teh_Cheat »

chaos wrote:i could be way wrong on the hits maybe the number i was looking at was with avatar and party quirks but the point of this convo was theres no point in running a barb anymore a pally can walk around anywhere and a ma can out dmg small partys and tir come on you have to agree how many accounts do you and your buddys run and how many of them are barbs and how many are pallys/ma i can almost gaurentee there all mas/pallys/healers and ments how close am i?

also the skills for barbs 31-39 can suck me there pointless double the zerk pool wow thats good stuff almost as close as a 3rd swing on maxstrike or a 30 percent dmg boost to e/e or the 2nd jumpstrike i think it is and my favorite 2 for barbs half and full dmg abs whats 70 dmg abs when i get hit for 4k? if im getting those right its off the top of my head not to sure?
If you want to bring up Darge, you should know that we used TWO Barbs most of the time when playing new content. Every class has a role that is beneficial. We never went anywhere without using Cries/Gazes.

You're point is that Barbs aren't good offensively, but every class can't be the tops. Barbs have good offense, good defense, great accuracy, and the best HP level in the game.

Our parties usually consisted of 1 MA, 1 or 2 Barbarians, 1 Healer, 1 or 2 F/Ms, 1 Thief, 1 or 2 Paladins. We'd have to decide on whether to bring 2 Paladins or 2 Barbarians based on what we were doing.
SIN

chaos

Post by chaos »

good offense? pallys and mas do more
good def?? are you on drugs
accurcy ok maybe but go try killing something in like orc-1

and my point is barbs blow they made them sweet in cob when undead city came out so everyone made one and everyone thought they were over powerd so now they suck and they blow anyone that has played top end classes will choose a ma or pally over a barb for the simple fact that there no good they got shafted on skills cleave is amazing thou i must say alot cooler then dmg boost to kick and jumpkick attacks as they did need that the 2nd kick wasent enough or the 60 percent dmg to e/e crits or the more ac come on not to mention the better shield blocking or shield penatration oh the skills age them i forgot thats the downfall of them doing this yps are hard to find these days arent they?

us barbs do have the most hits in game they need more i would rather be a pally and get hit once outa 10 for 4k then then a barb getting hit 5 outa 10 for 4k

Cobra

Post by Cobra »

The game goes in cycles, certain classes are good at certain times, then the game changes or something is added and another class gets the boost. In nork, barbs were awesome because they could attack twice and had hps, as well as hit harder and more often than everybody else.

When cob came out everyone rolled a pally because barbs sucked. By the time Pax got around to putting UD in, there were accounts that had a barb as a main still. With deathsas armor, barbs got the defense they needed to hunt in cob. Then it went a step too far when pax put in GK2, then everyone started getting their hally barbs back out and everyone was told to roll a barb because they rocked.

Then NL came out and barbs were once again back to the bottom, they had no defense, couldn't hit anything, and hps weren't useful for anything. It even went so far as lairs taking zerk from barbs every time they hit the barb. Once again barbs twindled to nothing. Then Brad put in quirks and barbs got a much needed to-hit boost to actually hit things in mormar, and the 100% fury was very nice for survivability. This was were the game was for a few months and it was good, then barbs started to get enough quirks to put points into riposte and figure out what it did...

Once again everyone was on the barb train, because barbs could absolutely destroy zoos. I'm talking lightyears faster than MAs can do now. One rounding mormar crits in a zoo was easy, killing m20 dragons in 3 mins, cake. Now riposte has been fixed and barbs don't do extreme damage to one crit anymore, they still have insane survivability from riposte though in a zoo.

Barbs are an excellent solo class, and a good party class. I think most people want them to be the dominate party class as well as solo, which is where most of the currently issues are coming from. Yes classes kill faster than barbs, but barbs can solo to 75/35 when virtually every other class has to party. Add on top of this the buffs that barbs have that make MAs and pallies even more effective, and they are just super in parties to have around. Not to mention that they still put out damage as well.

Barbs more than any other class has to be flexible with the changes in the game. Pallies have always been good at defense, and MAs have always had very good sustainable damage. Barbs are such a mix of everything that sometimes we are OP, and sometimes we are UP. You just have to keep trudging along and hope that the cycle keeps going before you quit.

Cobra

Pancho

Post by Pancho »

Compare MA, Pally and Barbs on what they can do solo. MA need a healer or else they are toast even in Mormor. As for Orc-1 area only a Thief can solo. My Pally threatened to sue me if I took him there solo :lol: . He has been "one shotted" so many times in that area.

The only area that Pally have an upper hand over Barbs is SDC climb up area. Rest all through Nork, Cob, majority of NL , its Barbs are the top dogs. Again, I am comparing solo.

-Pancho

Migam

Post by Migam »

No one class should dominate every alt and each have their own strengths and weaknesses. My remark about RRing was tongue-in-cheek because I'd never RR a huge barb for any class.

The voices of experience replying here have learned the game more gradually and have seen the cycles of highs and lows of each class for years. Barbs had it a long time, thieves were created suddenly for recon, fast skill/exp in sdh and sadly to cheat and give a parked party huge gains pre-fix and now MAs for PLing Mormar with maxxed AA. Any rumor is a trigger to drop everything and grow a class.

My thief, though able to do orc-1, is too dependant on agi, won't take a haste and still uses an enhanced BNR when so much better gear for off/def is out there (with little to no agi adds). Pathetic hp, a oneshot if seen and can't afford to belt killer SS more than 1 round. I love it but wouldn't do it again.

Strap on a crash helmet because you never know what's coming and that is what adds some fun to Drak imo.
Starfire: There are two wolves fighting in each man's heart. One is Love, the other is Hate.
Ghost: Which one wins?
Starfire: The one you feed the most.
---Pathfinder

chaos

Post by chaos »

yeah i wouldent reroll into a class other then my barb i been through the times and seen the changes the game makes to classes i just dont understand how my barb takes so much dmg on certain hunts when a pally takes nothing or how fast mas kill they do more dmg then probelly 2 or 3 barbs do there skill 31-39 abilitys suck every skill for the pally or ma is great when the barbs is garbage cobra whens the last time you used cleave or any barb for that matter

the barb class is the worst in partys btw what do they give that any other class cant give more of? barb not even good bait anymore

thes hits ratio is jacked up to imo dont get me wrong i love my barb i can kill foreman when other classes i guess cant but what good is taking 45 mins to kill a lair in a party based game? i do wakka and cant keep targeting moles i jump to my own party witch is retarted i drink a acid pot on aa and i retarget when acid plating is on everyother lair dezerks me what good am i on a hunt in a party healers heal f/m makes you to hit thiefs add a backstab to everyone pallys give a boost to ac i give what to a party? my natural abs is increased by total my lv wow i save 78 dmg on somethjing that hits for 4k is that even a percent ? skill 38 i increse my total zerk pool wow i go from 209 to 419 witch is pointless when you can hit b once every 19 rounds oh i gain 2 str and agil thou thats a massive increase if brad can throw 10 str/agil/wis or intel on a weapon i think he could give a barb a little more it totally destoryed barbs lv 16 19 and 22 lvs and skill32 i think those are right i get less for my class ability then the weapon in the game

imo barbs have one thing to look forward to after lv 25 other then gear and thats skill 39 and thats kinda iffy for both classes that get it

also barbs get immune to stun at lv 21 when will we get immune to primal stun also if avtar and the party quirk healthy advantage give the same hits to evryclass that needs to be change on a scale like gold hits are

im not saying this to have the best class in the game i would make a ma for that im saying this cause its just plain retarted to run a barb past cob unless your already topend then past nl
im probelly rambulling on but everyone thats posting is a pally or ma and are going to defend your class but we all run everyclass now and know whats up

brummiebird

Post by brummiebird »

I think each class has its own place & seems to me your just sour barb isn't at the top atm

I have a place in my guilds partys any time i wanna join them. They don't turn me down just cos i'm a barb & prefer to take the

class thats at the top of the list atm.

My barb misses more than it hits imo but oh well as long as i'm having fun ;)

It can be a challenge solo sometimes but thats what the game is about imo

Cobra

Post by Cobra »

Seriously? I started my barb around 1995, about a year after starting the game with my ment. Got him to 22/19 hally, then rerolled him to LS when guild started to think about trying KQ. He was 22/19 again when cob came out, but because they sucked so bad, I didn't take him to cob until 30/27. This was when the new party skill system was implemented and km5 became crap. I was 42/30 when UD was put in, and 50/30 before NL came out. My barb was 57/34 before quirks, and I did m16 to 75/35. My barb is now 78/39, and currently waiting on new content to grow him again. I've had a barb as my main since I rolled him and always will. I've seen it all, from king's quest race, to me and stalker being the only barbs in game (twice), to seeing everyone playing them again because of riposte.

Barbs are great everywhere solo before bdc. In bdc MAs love you for the buffs to to-hit and attacks, as well as damage and hps. My barb still did damage in bdc in a group, I always felt like a contributor to the party. AA group is fine, buffs are awesome for sticks, and if you can count, you only miss 1-2 rounds for acid. Don't know why you think barbs are useless on that lair.

As for cleave, I have stated my opinion on the barb skills many times before.

I don't know what you expect from the class, you can easily solo from 1/1 to 75/35, you never have to look for people to grow or skill. MAs have always outdamaged barbs when hasted, pallies have always had better defense, pallies have always come close to barb damage hasted. The key point for barbs, you can do whatever you want when you want, you are the same solo and in party. Others get boosted in parties, because they're not as good solo and have to party later in the game.

Cobra

chaos

Post by chaos »

i dont care when you started your barb i was there in the game as well not 95 but befor undead city came in i understand that they made barbs sweet and everyone switched to them and now no one runs them i am the same rather im in a party or solo but incase you havent palyed in the last year or 2 the game is totally party based and barbs are no help to a group of people and if you learn to count on aa you have to charge for 20 rounds cause you detarget when acid plating is on from a pot oh dont drink the pot and you can idk die

barbs plain out blow in the new game
they got the worst skill31-39 abilitys
there hits are complety retarted now i get 177 hits each zerk thats insane but im only 76 so many at 78 it will be 179?

im outdmged by pallys and mas
i got no def
no resistence from fire/ice/acid/lighting attacks incase you havent notcied my resisteince to psi attacks is even pointless now seeming except for keep nothing has psi oh shit nork i forgot
i give absolutly nothing to a party except another person that dmg med. dmg witch a ment does more a healer probelly does more to mas /pallys absolutly do more thiefs umm yup and

i did not see your posts about
barb skills if you could point me in right direction i would liek to see what you have to say

brummiebird

Post by brummiebird »

I play solo, untill guild log in around 2-3am my time, im in the uk there all Yanks :oops:

I'm not complaining about the barb, i love mine.

Stop whining & enjoy ur class Chaos or like you was advised RR :roll:
Last edited by brummiebird on Thu Aug 12, 2010 2:44 pm, edited 1 time in total.

chaos

Post by chaos »

whinning ?? suck me im not whinning this is my first topic ever on these boards and its for a good reason barbs are garbage they need to be fixed

chaos

Post by chaos »

the ratio i put in at 5 to 1 ma/pally to barbs is probelly about right and its cause everyone knows
and if we talking about soloable play now make a thief they way better then a barb at that

brummiebird

Post by brummiebird »

Or maybe you nead to learn to play yours :)

Cobra

Post by Cobra »

I assume you don't have/never use tiers? I've never used an acid pot on aa, and have never died on one either. Counting is so you know when he'll cast acid, and you run out before he casts it.

The fact that my barb is 78/39 says for itself that I've played into SDC content. The reason I don't play now is because SDC was supposed to be solo oriented, and we can all agree that it isn't.

Cobra

Mars
Admin
Admin

Post by Mars »

I moved this thread here as it's not really a game issue but more a discussion.

chaos

Post by chaos »

il run a barb just as good as any of you probelly better im not some noob that just started playing and you never died to aa i find that very hard to believe what kinda sissy barbs run outa lairs

chaos

Post by chaos »

it is a game issue