Tiers and Bugs

Borderland Chat
Martialarts

Tiers and Bugs

Post by Martialarts »

Why do MA tiers not work anywere but NL areas? is this a bug

If anything tiers should work every place in nork cob aleria as well as NL seems to me we paid for that privlage even more over we worked hard for it!
Last edited by Martialarts on Mon Jan 18, 2010 8:10 am, edited 1 time in total.
The MA
DEATH IS SWEET

Merlin

Re: Tiers and Bugs

Post by Merlin »

Bug or feature?

Magic 8 Ball says:
Elessar: karbeck is a sweety

Darge
Title: The Raging Storm

Post by Darge »

Claw and Razor blade tiers reference an invisible item on NL servers to attack with that doesn't exist on other servers.

Feature (technically).
SIN
My father was a wolf, I'm a kinsman of the slain, Sworn to rise again
I will bring salvation, punishment and pain, The hammer of hate is our faith
Power and dominion are taken by the will, By divine right hail and kill

trav: you bad bad girl

Martialarts

Post by Martialarts »

Darge wrote:Claw and Razor blade tiers reference an invisible item on NL servers to attack with that doesn't exist on other servers.

Feature (technically).
Then why do all other ment tiers Healers ect ect barb all work every were? does not seem to fair..
The MA
DEATH IS SWEET

Migam

Post by Migam »

Martialarts wrote:
Darge wrote:Claw and Razor blade tiers reference an invisible item on NL servers to attack with that doesn't exist on other servers.

Feature (technically).
Then why do all other ment tiers Healers ect ect barb all work every were? does not seem to fair..

Those other tiers for other classes don't involve this special item so are apparently easier to implement. I've emailed Brad in August '09.

6) You've expanded Party leadership points to other alts. Ever plan to copy code for MA claws and Thief melee tiers to other alts as well?

I thought I copied discs to the other alts when I did the last update. Maybe the item itself isn’t there.

For thief tiers RB and 12s, that "item" is an unseen sabre (saber?). I get the Success message, they're targeted but no hit/no damage. These items needed for MA and thief tiers might not be easier to add but they need to be added nonetheless.

Some not playing these 2 classes might suggest that these tiers are overkill outside on NL... I'll bet if all NL tiers were deactivated outside of NL, there'd be a riot across the classes. Hell, Charm is not even a tier yet my healer still gets it stripped using the n7-> Cob portal; the price to pay for losing a twig and not having UGH?

I'm growing another acct, yes, I'd like to grow it faster using my largest 2 Main acct slots in party then maybe return the favor for the other 2 lesser Main slots, I've played 8+ years to have 2 huge crits and a Primal healer, I think I'm beyond that play-slow-and-learn phase and prefer an accelerated pace to get a chance to enjoy every class from low- to huge-level size despite the exp nerf in NL <level 25 and skill nerf in Cob <sk14.

I know I'm not the first to ask in forums when this will be fixed and this email excerpt was a list of things that needed addressing ( never got an answer as to why DoT tiers give proper exp/skill, party gains, recognize the KS but not for drops requiring enchant (ie: bogwitch mandrake); apparently the killer is not known).

I never got around to making that DB of things still not fixed and I'll lose much time going back over 2 years of emails to list, retest then report what's still outstanding but I shouldn't need to.
Starfire: There are two wolves fighting in each man's heart. One is Love, the other is Hate.
Ghost: Which one wins?
Starfire: The one you feed the most.
---Pathfinder

Martialarts

Post by Martialarts »

Thanks for the info Migam.. I agree it may be over kill in some aeras. In some hunts even lairs. But other areas that its part of the questing proceedure or might be.. So with all the data seems like a bug. And hey payment was made so the service should be even across the board. Technically speaking.. No i am not whining just stating something missing.

Migam thanks again.. :twisted:
The MA
DEATH IS SWEET

Omni
Admin
Admin

Post by Omni »

I will remind brad about the missing items on the other servers for these tiers.
Account and Billing issues: help@drakkarzone.com
E-mail: Omni.sysop@gmail.com
Twitter: @OmniSysop
http://www.facebook.com/omni.sysop
Send me Ideas, Suggestions, Bugs or Complaints!
Event Mailing list, send me an email with TELL ME OMNI in the subject!

Migam

Post by Migam »

Omni wrote:I will remind brad about the missing items on the other servers for these tiers.
Btw, right after the Cob crash on 4/20/10 was fixed the next day, I went back to Cob, futilely deciding to hit lair with Razorblades and between all the crit text scroll, I thought I saw it hit. Scratching my head, I tried Dozens. Bam, all giants took damage, the multi-hits flooded text. I don't know exactly when this was put in but I tested several areas in Cob and thief melee tiers are working there. Alt1, Alt2, Aleria still don't have it nor GH (I have no targets, not that it matters there anyway, just wanted to test every server).

If I had an MA of sufficient size, I'd test Claw attacks in Cob, hope one of you can test and reply.

I asked Brad about this and why it wasn't announced under bug fixes (unless it's because he's not finished with other alts) but I'm glad there is progress. Might be overkill outside of NL but abilities should technically work all over and I don't mind helping another account with a jump in exp every 40 or 50 rounds besides tiering so sue me.
Starfire: There are two wolves fighting in each man's heart. One is Love, the other is Hate.
---Pathfinder

Merlin

Post by Merlin »

I asked brad to do this fix when he was online and he kindly implemented it on the cob server, if there are no bugs/issues this change will be getting applied to the other servers aswell.

fyi, MA teirs work too.
Elessar: karbeck is a sweety

Migam

Post by Migam »

Merlin wrote:I asked brad to do this fix when he was online and he kindly implemented it on the cob server, if there are no bugs/issues this change will be getting applied to the other servers aswell.

fyi, MA teirs work too.
I have been asking and emailing about this for awhile. A post would have been nice to know about the implementation as many more testing makes for a better test vs. announcing changes via private email or Main chat.

Thanks
---Pathfinder

Brad
Admin
Admin

Post by Brad »

Official Post: "Its in Cob, let me know if you see any side effects, and we can move it around"

Thanks!
Brad

Migam

Post by Migam »

Brad wrote:Official Post: "Its in Cob, let me know if you see any side effects, and we can move it around"

Thanks!
Brad
<chuckles>
---Pathfinder

Migam

Post by Migam »

Soooo, it's been over 1 year with these melee tiers working in Cob for MAs and thieves and I don't see any posts with problems.... could you add this magic sabre to other alts on the next reset especially the VM ones?

Thanks in advance :)
---Pathfinder

godspeed

Post by godspeed »

Ma tiers dont work in nork, aleria and Crazy aleria... :cry:
please fix this as all other classes get full benefit from their higher level abilities, and ma's do not...

Volcom

Post by Volcom »

godspeed wrote:Ma tiers dont work in nork, aleria and Crazy aleria... :cry:
please fix this as all other classes get full benefit from their higher level abilities, and ma's do not...
thiefs dont, razors and dozens doesn't work in half these places still either