Nameless should be named boaring land

Borderland Chat
Martialarts

Nameless should be named boaring land

Post by Martialarts »

I can say from 1st hand experience that the only place from like 50 to 70 is gdh and mormar. The gear sucks from 45 to 70 the game sucks just no fun. The expansion to sdc is better from the little I have seen..

But the whole NL experience just sucks the grind is just to much it has defeated me into submission. Brad if your mission in NL is to bore people and make them want to leave mission accomplished!

You are asking to much of the guilds to help lower level players gain skill and experience even worse you are asking player’s to leech to beat out the shear boredom of the NL experience!! Just makes no sense to me at all, You need to add more hunt-able areas to experience in as well as skill gains the daily grinding in mormar is just to hard for one person to take.

Let alone what you expected to happen as in guilds to help. You forgot that 98.5% of the time people are not interested in going to area’s they have mastered. Yet alone going backwards to sheer boredom and yes it is miserable. Yes its true some groups have found it a way of making guilds grow larger by making leech mills.

Listen I found Nork Aleria Frore Even Cob to have much more of a story line a team action and reaction area. People wanting to help others grow. Now its just plain as the nose on my face NL is not even growing as expected.

No real story line there are some skills and then the grind hits in I might be wrong but for the ones who solo and do a lot of discovery this is just a grind. Nothing else. Mormar is just plan boring.

This is just a personal observation not a attack on any one person or guild. let me make that clear…
The MA
DEATH IS SWEET

Gothmog
Title: Robbin ya since 1982

Re: Nameless should be named boaring land

Post by Gothmog »

second that. nothing fun to explore or do. I find myself going back to nork, cob, and aleria, I have even ventured back to mjorin here and there.

Migam

Post by Migam »

And yet, when NL crashed this weekend, there was no small amount of grumbling and whining even from those who cried it was boring and you need a big guild and blah blah blah.

Mars offered to open NL long enough for players to leave until the crash was fixed... some went and rediscovered non-NL, some whined they can't gain outside NL, some whined they were forced to play their smaller slots and many stopped playing until NL was back up. If NL is so boring , you'd think they'd welcome the break! Guess grinding in ud5 is soooo exciting (extreme sarcasm for the dimwitted).

Face it. If you can achieve quickly, you'll hit endgame and cry for more content cause I'm 75/38 and I can't gain on 4 slots, oh, boo hoo! Make is easy for solo play and you'll have 10-men parties grabbing an area to get maxxed in 1 week. Make it challenging for parties and the solo player is screwed.

How would you make it more exciting without grinding and too-fast gains? I've seen the biggest whiners join a guild, get advanced gear and now they whine less. So it was all about the bling?

Of course, this post is not targeting a particular player or guild. It's my observation of Dz and posts here.
Starfire: There are two wolves fighting in each man's heart. One is Love, the other is Hate.
Ghost: Which one wins?
Starfire: The one you feed the most.
---Pathfinder

Tnem
Title: Lord

Post by Tnem »

NL crash was AWESOME, I had fun in cob and aleria again, which is because they are well designed and diverse scenarios.
NL is not boring, it is only boring because you have done everything, when doing it for the first time it was far from boring.
NL just needs touching up and finishing, there are still areas that are "blank" (bog building, bog hedge, forgottens blank space ...).
With a few more additions and smaller quests that use other quest items (like the cob Forged weapon does) it could be made more diverse.

Martialarts

Post by Martialarts »

Migam wrote:And yet, when NL crashed this weekend, there was no small amount of grumbling and whining even from those who cried it was boring and you need a big guild and blah blah blah.

Mars offered to open NL long enough for players to leave until the crash was fixed... some went and rediscovered non-NL, some whined they can't gain outside NL, some whined they were forced to play their smaller slots and many stopped playing until NL was back up. If NL is so boring , you'd think they'd welcome the break! Guess grinding in ud5 is soooo exciting (extreme sarcasm for the dimwitted).

Face it. If you can achieve quickly, you'll hit endgame and cry for more content cause I'm 75/38 and I can't gain on 4 slots, oh, boo hoo! Make is easy for solo play and you'll have 10-men parties grabbing an area to get maxxed in 1 week. Make it challenging for parties and the solo player is screwed.

How would you make it more exciting without grinding and too-fast gains? I've seen the biggest whiners join a guild, get advanced gear and now they whine less. So it was all about the bling?

Of course, this post is not targeting a particular player or guild. It's my observation of Dz and posts here.
Once again you have entirely missed the whole point.. But that’s always the case even in guilds most hunt alone so what the heck are you saying.. (its rhetorical) You will never get it just never.

Most want to hunt with a group but most or not on when others are so they are left to go on the own. it’s a GAME and yes we PAY to play so it should be enjoyable. As far as not complaining it would do no good and all know that Mars can not fix the problem it’s a Brad thing. Mars did get the word out it would be 24 hours (good job Mars.. THAT’S WHY NO ONE COMPLAINED! As Fare as the gear took 2 people to get mine. Try going to BDC with 2 people. Not gonna happen. ok im done
The MA
DEATH IS SWEET

Darge
Title: The Raging Storm

Post by Darge »

Martialarts wrote:Try going to BDC with 2 people. Not gonna happen.
Why not?

Healer + any class but thief does fine, especially after Party Abilities have been implemented and work in 2 people parties.
SIN
My father was a wolf, I'm a kinsman of the slain, Sworn to rise again
I will bring salvation, punishment and pain, The hammer of hate is our faith
Power and dominion are taken by the will, By divine right hail and kill

trav: you bad bad girl

Migam

Post by Migam »

Martialarts wrote: Once again you have entirely missed the whole point.. But that’s always the case even in guilds most hunt alone so what the heck are you saying.. (its rhetorical) You will never get it just never.

Most want to hunt with a group but most or not on when others are so they are left to go on the own. it’s a GAME and yes we PAY to play so it should be enjoyable. As far as not complaining it would do no good and all know that Mars can not fix the problem it’s a Brad thing. Mars did get the word out it would be 24 hours (good job Mars.. THAT’S WHY NO ONE COMPLAINED! As Fare as the gear took 2 people to get mine. Try going to BDC with 2 people. Not gonna happen. ok im done
No one complained? What lobby were you watching? Some cursed, some demanded answers, some accused Mars of going inviso to hide from complaints. But that's to be expected when children are idle.

My guild is down to 5 active humans, 3 of them can go to GDH2; low membership is due to RL; not NL. I hunt solo 99% of the time due to different goals and size as well as some needing enchants to enter area A, B, etc. Gear from GDH2 and beyond, I have only 1 Marton cloak from a gifted moleblood and 1 advanced glaive, that's it. My pally is only 74/35, my thief does much better. When I max 2 accounts and can do no more on own, I'll quit. I'd rather wait til my guild comes back and grows rather than buy gear, gearwhore, guild hop or bother another guild. I've watch newer players zoom past me and soloing BDH on non-thief like it's nothing with much better gear. Then again, this starts from the womb when certain jerks kill and dump Nork lairs in portals for self-gratification and to be the Ghod of All Newbs. That really helps new players understand how to earn gear!

I was forced to skill in BDH and I wasn't thrilled. I did enjoy Mormar for exp so guess no one can say everyone hates it. Finally, SDH is the alternative for me and it's great so far.

As far as a storyline, once you're acquainted with it, you go back to grinding and you stop looking at the pretty flowers and beautiful enthralling magic cause ultimately, it's back to grinding.

Remember, anything that makes it fun and gives great skill and good regen for the solo player will be mobbed and overplayed by large parties (forgs, forge, dornar, rockman caves). If Brad won't even modify Cob and refused to allow sk35+ gains in gdh2, can you see Borderlands and DL ever being changed?
Starfire: There are two wolves fighting in each man's heart. One is Love, the other is Hate.
Ghost: Which one wins?
Starfire: The one you feed the most.
---Pathfinder

Teh_Cheat

Post by Teh_Cheat »

Tnem wrote:NL is not boring, it is only boring because you have done everything, when doing it for the first time it was far from boring
I like this.
SIN

Twiztid

Post by Twiztid »

lol MA, youve been lvl35 for like 20years, quit on and off, got lvl70 in a week......and now complaining? I doubt you explored all the corners of NL or SDC but if your "boared" (I like how you spelled the topic -_-) then just quit again :D

Martialarts

Post by Martialarts »

Twiztid wrote:lol MA, youve been lvl35 for like 20years, quit on and off, got lvl70 in a week......and now complaining? I doubt you explored all the corners of NL or SDC but if your "boared" (I like how you spelled the topic -_-) then just quit again :D
You sir are missing the point..
The grind in a boar (spelled a new way for you) Take the exploring part It is fun to see new area's but. (always a but) As some said guilds are not always big or large. Who said i wanted anything from any one.. You ever hear me ask for anything it is a very and i mean VERY rare thing. Not my style to beg My skill is all earned My exp is all earned. I have helped many and those who know me always help back. And yes it apperciated..

The one single most important thing to me is skill it is not possable to skill past 35 unless you have a large group or have a healer that does help but sometimes bad things happen. Why not make it hard but not impossable and yes Mormar is fast becoming what we call a leech mill. If your friends do not help its just impossable. Calling some attention to it is ok and makes for discussion and look who is respoding ones who helped create it..

I would like to see area's that skill gain is not impossable and that can be done with out begging or asking for help. Thats the point... And just so you know i left once for 3 years was called to duty DUH.

I in no way want this to be personal and i am trying not to make it personal its a discussion is all.

Can pigs fly i dunno but would like to see it someday!
The MA
DEATH IS SWEET

Twiztid

Post by Twiztid »

You know whats awesome, drakkar has 4 character slots....you could like make another crit and "un-boar" yourself :D , either way Im not trying to make it personal but many a time have I watched you whine , and if you need a "big hord" to go somewhere looks like ya might need some friends ;)

Martialarts

Post by Martialarts »

Twiztid wrote:You know whats awesome, drakkar has 4 character slots....you could like make another crit and "un-boar" yourself :D , either way Im not trying to make it personal but many a time have I watched you whine , and if you need a "big hord" to go somewhere looks like ya might need some friends ;)

I never whine and i am as big as you are even bigger so i just do not understand you.

If you can not add to the discission i suggest you just don't post.

Drewstr

Post by Drewstr »

"nameless should be named boaring land" isn't a discussion, it's a whine.
Auramancer
That WOLF is up to something SINister.

Martialarts

Post by Martialarts »

Drewstr wrote:"nameless should be named boaring land" isn't a discussion, it's a whine.

I disagree. It is not all of the lands just the grinding once you hit 50 should be some areas that you could hunt solo to exp and skilling is a total joke. GDH GDH 2 some of sdc i find exciting just not the mormar thing or BDC. The grind for gear really gets in the way of it all.
The MA
DEATH IS SWEET

Twiztid

Post by Twiztid »

and i disagree with you, i was adding to this conversation giving you my input on your whining, but keep trying to put yourself in the right it just entertains most of us

Martialarts

Post by Martialarts »

The Grind for exp after skill 30 is just crazy. But of course you woul not know about that. I was skill locked at 31/30 so the grind from 31 exp to 50 is just that a grind. then again skill locked from 53 until 75. i went primal at 50 by-passing the 50 to 55 now skill from 34 is what i am working. I still will be past nost at this stage..

SDC is a challange learning there on my way to 76 but skill is slow even in bdc. And yes i solo there as well. all in all the grind from 31 to 75 is just that a grind for exp. Most of you know if your a person who likes to adventureit is just that a grind for exp. There is no real skill gain if you can not find a party to go with.

While Others leech there way to the top. Brad you have done excatly what you did not want.. There are a couple of guilds that do not allow leechers and they seem to do better then most. They at least have my respect.

OK Done with this topic on to the next one.. If you have nothing to say say nothing at all..
The MA
DEATH IS SWEET

Mars
Admin
Admin

Post by Mars »

One players opinion is not whining. All are entitled to their opinion, do not attempt to detract from this by directing attacks against the player. Those posts that do will be deleted.

Martialarts

Post by Martialarts »

Migam wrote: How would you make it more exciting without grinding and too-fast gains? I've seen the biggest whiners join a guild, get advanced gear and now they whine less. So it was all about the bling?

Its not about the bling. Its about the journy. :?:
The MA
DEATH IS SWEET

Merlin

Post by Merlin »

the journey? cool, you had fun on your way to *buy*cough* kill for a talon then? :)
Elessar: karbeck is a sweety