Nifty "secrets"

Players assistance on how to get started
Brad
Admin
Admin

Replying to Topic 'Nifty

Post by Brad »

Originally posted by Ravaillac

Now how the heck could someone figure that out?
I dont know, probably the same person who came up with a pretty reasonable formula for the hp docs prices.

(smile)

Thumpit

Replying to Topic 'Nifty

Post by Thumpit »

A nice way to gain space in the task bar....

When your crit is on a stairs, not a place one has to climb up or down, put your cursor on the stairs, click left click right, quickly and you will either climb up or down with whatever the stairs are.

Also, make sure you have no scheduled taskes timed for when you are on a major hunt.
(really screwes up the fun to find just as you are about to see that draggy die, defragg starts...:)
Last edited by Thumpit on Sat Dec 07, 2002 1:33 am, edited 1 time in total.

Pax

Replying to Topic 'Nifty

Post by Pax »

Originally posted by Ravaillac

Now how the heck could someone figure that out?
Silly players with too much time on their hands who test things like energizer bunnies.

Fenris

Replying to Topic 'Nifty

Post by Fenris »

I'd just like to say I've actually been having fun NOT testing things for once <G>

Ravaillac

Replying to Topic 'Nifty

Post by Ravaillac »

Brad,

I'd say the hit doc price schedule is substantially easier to test than distinctions between races. Wouldn't you?

Tranquil

Replying to Topic 'Nifty

Post by Tranquil »

Misc. crap:

any bank in cob or aleria.. go to them, click the banker and above it will read.. "Bank of Nork".

Walk thru one of the CH portals, it will take you into a room with two portals.. one goes to mujaba, one goes to a random place in nork, yes, random..any lair in nork.:hoho :hoho :hoho

Arkon

Replying to Topic 'Nifty

Post by Arkon »

Originally posted by Tranquil

Misc. crap:

any bank in cob or aleria.. go to them, click the banker and above it will read.. "Bank of Nork".

Walk thru one of the CH portals, it will take you into a room with two portals.. one goes to mujaba, one goes to a random place in nork, yes, random..any lair in nork.:hoho :hoho :hoho
don't think that goes to mujaba <g>

Tranquil

Replying to Topic 'Nifty

Post by Tranquil »

mujaba? sorry, ment to say mjorin..:(

Rasker

Replying to Topic 'Nifty

Post by Rasker »

when you run thru the Slicer lair on the way to Cob, you will get a description of the room which you can read at leisure on the other side of the portal. It talks about a bedroom with sumptous tapestries depicting a great warrior, a round bed and a mirrored ceiling.

Above the Dukes chambers in Aleria's main town, there was, (or may still be) a hall dedicated to great guilds of old, something like the "Hall of Bigness" above the SF

Merlin

Replying to Topic 'Nifty

Post by Merlin »

yes, above duke is the first 10 people to complete the quest i beleive, also in the room next to lord Koss there is another room like this with the fisrt 10 people to complete this quest, quite a few of the statues are held by ZAND, and the first 2 were Wildfire_ZAND and Wyman_ZAND, there is also a statue for Guild of AFO in there aswell

*Merlz*
Last edited by Merlin on Wed Dec 11, 2002 7:14 am, edited 1 time in total.
Elessar: karbeck is a sweety

Rockslide

Replying to Topic 'Nifty

Post by Rockslide »

FYI for those new ments to cob, dont enchant any cob gear or you will have a new hair dew! ;)
Pheonixes are rare birds who are reborn from the ash of their demise.
The Pheonix can not die! LONG LIVE PHNX!
Rafena of PHNX

DracMonster

Replying to Topic 'Nifty

Post by DracMonster »

How to sell all your gems in three easy steps. This requires three macros, but it's worth it for the time you save. (Is it possible to combine the first two? Haven't been able to so far.)

1. Dump gems:
dump all gems on counter;

2. Sell Gems:
eld, buy alll; <-- This needs to be edited periodically for whoever you sell to. Eld is the Nork alchemist at the moment.

3. Pocket Cash:
take coins from counter and put it in sack;

Put these three in a row and you can sell a sackful of gems in approximately five seconds. Great for coining! Note that this does expose your gems and then coins on the counter for a brief instant, so if someone's at the counter and you're paranoid, you may want to wait till they've gone. (Also be careful you dont sell something they're getting appraised!) The dump command appears to work for gems only, not helms or rings or any other type of item.

Dragon

Replying to Topic 'Nifty

Post by Dragon »

you could always hit the shift or ctrl button then select all youre gems then drag it to the shop window....much easier :p

Elessar

Replying to Topic 'Nifty

Post by Elessar »

Using macros is much faster for selling gems, and IMO much easier as well.

Belgarion_ICE

Replying to Topic 'Nifty

Post by Belgarion_ICE »

you could always hit the shift or ctrl button then select all youre gems then drag it to the shop window....much easier
You can also use the shift button for changing gear (Cob to Nork etc.)Hit shift then click each item when all clicked drag to locker or to yourself.

Hail ICE!

DracMonster

Replying to Topic 'Nifty

Post by DracMonster »

I tried the control-click method. Macroing is much faster.

Alexen

Replying to Topic 'Nifty

Post by Alexen »

hehe the shift method was faster for me

lalasushi

Replying to Topic 'Nifty

Post by lalasushi »

um, it takes u 5 mins to make the marcos, and when u use shift u have to click each gem, at least 20 clicks, 30 if full sack, where as marco is 3 clicks, i dotn see how clicking more is easier :P

Thundar__RELM

Replying to Topic 'Nifty

Post by Thundar__RELM »

Tried the sell macros thing and the first 2 work great and are great time savors. The problem is the third one. I try it and it says you are not holding that. I have tried with the counter window open and closed. If I put my coins in my hand then the macro will put them in the sack but it will not pick them up from the counter for anything. Any suggestions of what I might have done wrong with the settings or what about that macro needs to be changed?

Thundar__RELM

Dragon

Replying to Topic 'Nifty

Post by Dragon »

Yeah i have also tried the macros out, and i stand corrected :) it is faster although i had got used to clicking my whole sack in under 5 seconds.

I also have the same problem as Thunder though the coins only make it to my hand not my sack.

Elessar

Replying to Topic 'Nifty

Post by Elessar »

The macro I used to use was:

take 500000 coins from counter; put coins in sack

It always worked for me.

Dragon

Replying to Topic 'Nifty

Post by Dragon »

Do you have to put in the " ; " cause thats probably the problem. like putting two commands in one sentance and so only the first one works.

Ok the macros that works for me is "Take coins from counter; put coins in sack"
Last edited by Dragon on Tue Jan 14, 2003 8:53 pm, edited 1 time in total.

DracMonster

Replying to Topic 'Nifty

Post by DracMonster »

Whoops! I don't have the ; on the end of the third one. Maybe that's why its working for me and not everyone else? Sorry about that... Actually, the semicolons probably aren't needed for any of them...

makoosh2

Replying to Topic 'Nifty

Post by makoosh2 »

While im here...What you do for macro to do the banking stuff?(put cash in bank)
Makooooooooooshie

LadyVirago

Replying to Topic 'Nifty

Post by LadyVirago »

Banking macros go as follows:

To withdrawl 500,000 and put on counter: <banker name>,withdrawl 500000;@up
To deposit the money off the counter- <banker name>,deposit coins;@in

Hope this helps:)

LadyVirago of ICE
Take time to smell the roses along the road to greatness.