Acaciam

Replying to Topic 'Nifty

Post by Acaciam »

try typing "ride" in command mode.
Communication End.

Rone

Replying to Topic 'Nifty

Post by Rone »

You can't accidently xmute, break, and/or sell someone's gear but you can do it to youself :hoho

purg

Replying to Topic 'Nifty

Post by purg »

some games have Easter Eggs in them, though not all of them do. Anyone know if there are any easter eggs in Drakkar?

Most easter eggs are like faces made in the walls, and they are usually very hard to find. About the closest i can think of that might even be considered an easter egg is the mass graves on UD-3(?) with players names marking the graves.

There are 3 entrances to VT BD, #1) prisons on -2 though S wall
#2) Though the hole in VT
#3) Through Fisheries, I think on the second floor
through the NE wall (you come in at the hole
drop down)

If i remember right, there is a secret entrance to Seldari forest through the back entrance of the Dwarf Kingdom, you have to blow up a wall on the right side of cave to get in though.

Naga will generally cast 6 to 10 dark spells and stop

Ghost from N-3.5 can be tanned and traded to Marco in Aleria for one of 3 random books, Sense,Heal, and i cant remember the last one

I dont know if this is still true or not, but you used to be able to solo giant in E-nork by standing behind counter in School and hitting him with magic or bow.
Last edited by purg on Sat Oct 26, 2002 1:23 am, edited 1 time in total.

Watcher

Replying to Topic 'Nifty

Post by Watcher »

Originally posted by purg

some games have Easter Eggs in them, though not all of them do. Anyone know if there are any easter eggs in Drakkar?

Most easter eggs are like faces made in the walls, and they are usually very hard to find. About the closest i can think of that might even be considered an easter egg is the mass graves on UD-3(?) with players names marking the graves.

There are 3 entrances to VT BD, #1) prisons on -2 though S wall
#2) Though the hole in VT
#3) Through Fisheries, I think on the second floor
through the NE wall (you come in at the hole
drop down)

If i remember right, there is a secret entrance to Seldari forest through the back entrance of the Dwarf Kingdom, you have to blow up a wall on the right side of cave to get in though.

Naga will generally cast 6 to 10 dark spells and stop

Ghost from N-3.5 can be tanned and traded to Marco in Aleria for one of 3 random books, Sense,Heal, and i cant remember the last one

I dont know if this is still true or not, but you used to be able to solo giant in E-nork by standing behind counter in School and hitting him with magic or bow.
There are more than 3 ways to get into BD caverns below VT :>.
some of them dangerous, so won't post here.

There are easter eggs in Drakkar. I still have my jeweled easter egg from one of the Easters. As I recall the easter eggs in general looked like Cthon eggs.

Mihey

Replying to Topic 'Nifty

Post by Mihey »

Whenever you are hunting in undead dungeons, be sure to slow down and look around you sometimes...

Hey, isnt that Leonardo's Mona Lisa in the room on UD2 straight west from the UD1 portal? ;)
Mihey__PHNX

Dragonslayer

Replying to Topic 'Nifty

Post by Dragonslayer »

Originally posted by Mihey

Whenever you are hunting in undead dungeons, be sure to slow down and look around you sometimes...

Hey, isnt that Leonardo's Mona Lisa in the room on UD2 straight west from the UD1 portal? ;)
is that the same asin lower guildhall?

The narrative window is also something that you should always watch, the descriptions might turn out handy.
Dragonslayer of PHNX

Mihey

Replying to Topic 'Nifty

Post by Mihey »

Wouldnt know, as I never had and probably will never have GH, lower or upper.

But yeah, some places in game offer interesting descriptions in narrator scroll... ;)
Mihey__PHNX

Mikhale

Replying to Topic 'Nifty

Post by Mikhale »

Handy to know

You can cast area spells around corners and through secret doors

i.e. form fireball n n n n

you can only send then 4 directions but you can go around corners

i.e form firebreath ne se s s

Fun to play :)

ps can do the same with throwing returning weapons

Mik.
Mikhale_DOA

Drake

Replying to Topic 'Nifty

Post by Drake »

Small time saver.
Dropping all the lich amulets on the ground and picking them up by the left column will order them in your sack in order of use. The one closest to the bottom is first.

flisk
Admin
Admin
Title: King of Drakkar

Replying to Topic 'Nifty

Post by flisk »

In Aleria there is a place that drops several pearls. When you look at the ground you hear a "death squash" and voila! There be pearls in that hole!

To find the hole; go to a place that you would like to make a wish...

Dragon

Replying to Topic 'Nifty

Post by Dragon »

heh this aint a secret at all jus something silly i saw for the first time in 4 years of playing....

Every shop keeper has 2 little pictures depicting a lair fight :) . One has the beast with his glowing mace and sheild, and the other has the victors with the spoils.

to the little things

Omin

Replying to Topic 'Nifty

Post by Omin »

This not posible no more but still
Set fate traps in Uther lair and one of them would change his aligment making him drop the sword :P

Dragonslayer

Replying to Topic 'Nifty

Post by Dragonslayer »

Originally posted by Dragon

heh this aint a secret at all jus something silly i saw for the first time in 4 years of playing....

Every shop keeper has 2 little pictures depicting a lair fight :) . One has the beast with his glowing mace and sheild, and the other has the victors with the spoils.

to the little things
(thats lizardking)

banker has images of loot piles :)

VT can be disintegrated/blasted/doored/illusioned.
Dragonslayer of PHNX

GhostGuest

Replying to Topic 'Nifty

Post by GhostGuest »

Ok, this is more of a " Fun Trick" thing than a tip, but it can be usefull. For those of you who hunt Red Draggys ( and i have heard that this may apply to other types of Draggys), you have probly discoverd that they have a habit of taking IH's out of your sack. This is a most undesireable event. <G> Some one else once posted this, ummm ... trick, ... and it is kinda fun, IF it works. What you do is after you buy your IH's, leave a row or two empty. Then go to the SF, and top off your sack with Stans from Darwin. If all works right, When Draggy reaches into your sack, what he pulls out and drinks will be a Stans, and not a IH. The "fun" part is that, like with us "Ghumans", it will stun the ole draggy fer a round or two. JUst keep in mind that, like all things in Drakkar, this is not a fool proof trick.
AKA: Woodenkarl, Sparksenblade, Aspex, Brainless, Stickums, Lessmental and Feingurs
Hhhmmmmmmmm............
3Y's 11E's 3H's 11A's

Roland

Replying to Topic 'Nifty

Post by Roland »

Ghostguest..

If you are gonna go thru all that trouble, why not just put poison pots in sack *wink*
Poison pots take things down to 1 hp , when drunk :O)
SirRoland,
Follower of The Old Code
"Call what you need of me. Ask what you will of me. My sword, my service are yours !"

GhostGuest

Replying to Topic 'Nifty

Post by GhostGuest »

Roland, hehehe.. poison pots sounds cool too. But i sais this was a "fun" "trick" to do, and granted, poisoning would speed up the fight a bit. But hey, i figure, why not share a brew or too with the Draggy 'afore ya scewer it<VEG>?
AKA: Woodenkarl, Sparksenblade, Aspex, Brainless, Stickums, Lessmental and Feingurs
Hhhmmmmmmmm............
3Y's 11E's 3H's 11A's

Ambrose
Title: Always Right

Replying to Topic 'Nifty

Post by Ambrose »

use with caution ...

If you make your own macros for ANY of your attacks you can target grey crits. EG

"form assault at" with target lock
"attack" with target lock
"focus strike at" ... the list goes on

also ... if a fighter is having trouble landing a blow on a crit, switch attacks back and forth or target another crit for a sec ... I've had a dozen focus strikes bounce off only to hit with regular attack or charge after ... then go back to your strongest after notching
Last edited by Ambrose on Thu Nov 21, 2002 9:46 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Drdrunk

Replying to Topic 'Nifty

Post by Drdrunk »

just a update, small ments can no longer solo snowbeast ;)

buho

Replying to Topic 'Nifty

Post by buho »

A charge can hit a friend too, if he slide under your cursoer when you are clicking.

Very bad for pallys helping little friends.

buho.

Dymurra

Replying to Topic 'Nifty

Post by Dymurra »

Don't know if anyone knew this or not but, if you throw armor at a crit it works both ma and thrown skill. You can also carry a gem and when you get the fumble message you will still have your gauntlets on while working ma skill

Dymurra

dman

Replying to Topic 'Nifty

Post by dman »

Not sure this maybe common knowledge for bigger ments, I just figured it out so I thought I would share it with smaller ments like myself who may not know. I always sent out my warning message for area disc by using form area disc@"warning! which works great to letting people in the area know you are using area disc. The problem for me was you can't use the directional abilities of the area disc, it is on your hex. I like to sent area disc off hex and hit NPCs before the get to me, however sometimes you can't see the disc triggers of screen and I was concerned I would hit a player I couldn't see and not warn them it was coming.

I found that if you create a sperate macro for warning you yell and auto return it, you can still use the directional abilities of area disc and still yell the warning without loosing a round yelling first then using area disc.

All you do is create a yell macro ie. "warning! then make sure you auto return ie. <alt><s><auto return>, then click the area disc you want, send in direction you want, hit alt/s and this triggers the disc. I like it because you don't loose a round, you can IB or FB NPCs off hex, and still yell warning to players in area.

For those who don't know try it!
Last edited by dman on Fri Dec 06, 2002 4:03 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Subzero_RELM

From a world far beyond the barren waste lands the Beholder brings you the Light

dman

Replying to Topic 'Nifty

Post by dman »

ooops :o
Last edited by dman on Fri Dec 06, 2002 4:02 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Subzero_RELM

From a world far beyond the barren waste lands the Beholder brings you the Light

Brad
Admin
Admin

Replying to Topic 'Nifty

Post by Brad »

Haven't seen this on a spoiler site in quite some time, a long time ago someone with a lot of time on their hands figured out outcasts have a +2 combat bonus.

(Since its been released before i figured it was okay to verify that its true)

Ravaillac

Replying to Topic 'Nifty

Post by Ravaillac »

Now how the heck could someone figure that out?

Arkon

Replying to Topic 'Nifty

Post by Arkon »

Originally posted by Brad

Haven't seen this on a spoiler site in quite some time, a long time ago someone with a lot of time on their hands figured out outcasts have a +2 combat bonus.

(Since its been released before i figured it was okay to verify that its true)

While you are in a talkative mood please give me some hints about testing out the queensservant staff :D