In-Game Macros, Hotkeys and Keyboard commands

Players assistance on how to get started
nunnbt473

In-Game Macros, Hotkeys and Keyboard commands

Post by nunnbt473 »

So after like 15 years of on and off playing.. I just learned about the alt+# thing and felt the need to share. I've also had some fun in the .mac files and found it to be especially useful.

Also read up at http://webmagic.iwarp.com/drakkar/commands.html

Random commands..
#paint (Redraws the screen if it glitches)
#critsort enable (critsort disable)
#list self
(Good for telling things like whether a longsword or great sword is in your hand. Or finding out t longsword doesnt work because the item is technically a "saber" not a sword..etc.)
#chase <name>
#stab (Just another word for #attack)
#shoot (Just another word for #attack)
#swap
#gamble <number>
#open bottle
#drink (whatever youre standing in)
#drink bottle

Did you know? If you drink a bottle and refill it with another fluid like pool water, it will no longer shatter when thrown!

Code: Select all

k is system default, so don't use for anything.

Be careful to keep a record of what keys you have used so you don't use the same one twice. Here is how I do it.. Macro Chart

Don't name your macros after default macros. Neither will work properly.

You can put up to 3 commands in a macro with ; in between them.. take bottle from sack; drink bottle; drop bottle

Many commands and terms can be shortened such as b for berserk and bot for bottle.
Example. Say you lose some EC bracers. Close the game window, open your .mac file and remove the section containing EC. Go ingame and just pick up the bracers, no need to add it to a macro bar or sense dozens of them to find the lost pair. Once you 'acquire the discipline' again, it will automatically be readded to the bottom of your list.

Alt+1-8 automatically attacks (with the default selected attack from your macro bar). If you have enmiss selected youll spell cast, if you have backstab selected youll BS. This is hard coded and you will not see it in your macro file(s).

Erasing things like Hug and Dance in the .mac files will remove them from the in-game list so you aren't constantly scrolling them them and having them clutter your list.

Arrow keys directional walk (footsteps, not instant move) even if holding shift or ctrl or alt.

As a rule of thumb (I wont say there are no exceptions) the file will automatically renumber which macro is which number in the file. If you move macro 7 to the 1st slot, it will appear 1st in the list visually in-game and the file will update the commented section of the mac file to reflect this and keep it visually organized as well.

I prefer to name my macros things like A1 for alt+1 and keep them in order of A1 -att, A2 bs, A3 throw, CW, CE, CR for easy visual finding.

The Bars:

The game macro bar does not remember commands explicitly, it remembers them more relatively. To be more exact, if you move macro in position 7 to position 3. If you had a macro bar with the macro in position 3, it will now be the macro from position 7. Simple version, the macro bar only remember the macro number.

Shift+1/2/3 = talk/yell/command mode. Shift+Anything else does not appear to work.
Ctrl+# will not work. Ctrl+Letter will work.

Combined command keys shift/alt/ctrl mixes do not appear to work.

Hotkeys to commands with target lock are 1 time use, not multiple use as they would be on a macro bar. Hotkeys will not change the 'default' command even if you have them on the macro bar.

The commands:

Example from .mac file:
# To enter a carriage return (ENTER) use ^D
# For example:
# command=LOOK^DTAKE BOTTLE^DLOOK
* commands can only be used by themselves.
Normal commands can have 3 actions at most.
Example, a macro using 2 commands with 5 actions:

belt right;get bottle from sack;drink bottle (Leaves an empty bottle)
drop bottle; draw (weapon name)

Right to Belt (Works with left too, capitalization sensitive)
*RTB

Belt to Right - (Works with left too, capitalization sensitive)
(Takes the item in the 1st position (or closest to it) and places it in your right hand)
*BTR

Brenem youre a dang genius.

Also I just did some testing. You don't need to add the |. Infact, the problem is that the macro file is partially wrong. If you enter "^D" in game, it saves it as "D" in the macro file. Something about the game saves the command wrong, which is why it won't pick it up ingame. It never occured to me that never would have been caught/fixed all this time. Use "*RTB^D*DRINK^D*BTR" then navigate to C:\Games\DrakkarZone\Drakkar\crts\(char name).mac, ctrl+f and search for the macro name. Add the ^ before the two Ds.

Changing from
*RTB^D*DRINK^D*BTR
to
*RTB 4^D*DRINK^D*BTR 4
Doesnt work. Somehow it loses the ^ again.

*RTB4^D*DRINK^D*BTR 4 will belt (as if there is no 4), drink, but not draw a weapon.
I also recommend you set "editable=N". This will prevent you from changing it ingame. Since it messes up when you modify it ingame and have to go to the file anyway, this will prevent accidentally resetting it.

*LTB (left to belt), *RTS (right to sack) and *RTP (right to pouch) also work.

Opens the ground, counter window..etc
*Look G
*Look C

Repeat, sends the last action you performed again. (I like this on my ` key next to 1 personally)

Useful for a variety of throwing weapons
(Like when carrying both a stiletto and wardens dagger instead of one for throw dagger and one for throw stiletto and one for throw raxe) Of course this does have drawn backs, like the possibility of accidentally throwing a str pot at someones face.
throw right at
Target Lock

Best for things like tossing grenades if youre a bit too dislexic for things like NW NW W
throw right at
Needs Path

drop left; steal from
Target Lock

b@ZERK MESSAGE
arg (forces OOC round)
Caution of someone else picking up your coin or going over 500K and having it pushed behind the counter or under a wall where it cannot be reached!

F1
put all gems in sack on counter

F2
xxx, buy all gems

F3
t coins from counter; p coins in sack
Being on a laptop with a trackpad I find using the mouse to be rather annoying and I prefer to do it only when needed (like walking). I am sure different classes and sizes will come up with better and more varied setups.

Personally I like..
` for repeat
Alt + ` for *Drink

Alt+# for attacking.
Alt + Q/W/E for hide/throw/bs
Alt + a/s/d for look, search all, t coins; put coins in sack
Alt + x, xmute

(Saves two seconds when a lair is trying to obliterate you)
Ctrl + q, up
Ctrl + w, climb up
Ctrl + a, down
Ctrl + s, climb down
Generally speaking, every time a ground tile (and I assume) counter title are cleared, it gets reset.

After that, the first item dropped will be at the top of the pile. The 2nd item dropped will be at the bottom. Drop a third and it will be at the bottom and the 2nd the middle.. and so on.

However if you drop ring A then B. The order is A, B. If you pick up ring A and drop it.. the order should be B, A but it is not. The order is still A, B for whatever reason. Once the area (I assume its all items and not just all rings) have been cleared, the list may begin with a new order. Easily tested by encrusting some leather rings with different gems.

Say you have a stack of 200 leather rings on the ground. You drop your lucky +3 char ring by mistake.

get 201st ring

You can also put all of something on a counter, daggers, bottles, gems.

Put all gems in sack on counter
As best I can tell take/drop (and everything else?) defaults to the ground unless you specify the counter.

(t bot from counter, fun fact.. the I dont see any of those is missing the T in dont).

drop bottle (floor)
drop bottle on counter (counter)
t bot (floor)
t bot from counter (counter)
Does work

t bot
t bottle from counter

You must spell out from and counter. If you are appending a simple statement into 2+ parts, I recommend using the full words if possible.

Doesnt work but should

t bot from counter
t bottle f counter
t bot f counter
t bottle from c
take bottle from count
I cannot find a command to move all items (or all type) in sack to the ground. Using a sack full of IH, I have tried..

put all bottles in sack on ground
put all bottles in sack on down
drop all bottles in sack on ground
drop all bottles
empty sack
empty on ground
empty sack down
move all bottles in sack to ground
move all bottles in sack on ground
#sell appears to do nothing
#xxx, buy appears only to apply to the counter the merchant is in front of (or near) and not to the sack

If anyone else has any useful macros feel free to PM me or post here and I will add them to the list.
Last edited by nunnbt473 on Tue Sep 30, 2014 10:15 pm, edited 9 times in total.
----------
Just say no to fate cards.

Acaciam

Re: In-Game Macros, Hotkeys and Keyboard commands

Post by Acaciam »

* commands can only be used by themselves.
That's not accurate.
You can string zero time system (aka *) commands together using the carriage return.

So rather than

drop bottle; draw [weapon name]
You can use

*RTB^D*DRINK^D*BTR
to drink with hands full without losing a round. Just make sure when using the *BTR command to use the correct belt slot (0-4). I keep the first slot, 0, open and use the command as it is above.

JadeAmber

Post by JadeAmber »

Acaciam wrote: That's not accurate.
You can string zero time system (aka *) commands together using the carriage return.

So rather than

drop bottle; draw [weapon name]
You can use

*RTB^D*DRINK^D*BTR
to drink with hands full without losing a round. Just make sure when using the *BTR command to use the correct belt slot (0-4). I keep the first slot, 0, open and use the command as it is above.
This is not working for me ... I dunno if something has changed, but I'll have to keep using the 2 macros

Wolverine2

Post by Wolverine2 »

Doing it wrong that's why... try using
^DRTB^DDrink^DBTR

I use that except B arg arg for my barb. Nice macro. No need for asterisk or hashtags etc.

JadeAmber

Post by JadeAmber »

Wolverine2 wrote:Doing it wrong that's why... try using
^DRTB^DDrink^DBTR

I use that except B arg arg for my barb. Nice macro. No need for asterisk or hashtags etc.
Still no good. is the ^ NOT the [shift-6] key? And I would not have thought to LEAD with the ^D ...

Wolverine2

Post by Wolverine2 »

Yes shift 6 is the ^... macros on my comp are funky so I always just use mouse to hit the buttons... as far as I know it should work because ^D is a downstroke of enter I believe? It basically means enter this... then enter this... then enter this... 3 rounds to do all those. I know I tried to do something along the lines of what you are trying and I did get it to work a while back but there was something about putting it back if I remember that didn't work... Make sure autoreturn is on etc etc.

nunnbt473

Post by nunnbt473 »

Also forgot a command or two in general
#chase <name>
#stab
#shoot
#swap

References to auto append and auto return carriage exist in the help file. Then against it also references riding so that doesnt mean much. Help file really isn't much help, but does have a nice map of nork tucked within.

k is system default, so don't use for anything.

Be careful to keep a record of what keys you have used so you don't use the same one twice. Here is how I do it.. Macro Chart

Don't name your macros after default macros. Neither will work properly.

You can put up to 3 commands in a macro with ; in between them.. take bottle from sack; drink bottle; drop bottle

Many commands and terms can be shortened such as b for berserk and bot for bottle.
Found a good page here. Snippet above.
http://webmagic.iwarp.com/drakkar/macroscustom.html
http://webmagic.iwarp.com/drakkar/commands.html

But back to the problem at hand.

belt right;t bottle from sack;drink bottle
The aboove is the closest I have been able to find. However, you are left holding an empty bottle and a belted weapon.
drop bottle; wield <weapon> Example: wield dagger, draw saber, wield stilletto

As best I can tell commands are either x;x;x or *system but not both. I could be mistaken on that though. Many commands are tricky. #look will list the ground contents, but *look will open the counter window. search will list the ground contents. and search all will open the ground/search bodies

#
# Drakkar Macro File
# (500 Macros Maximum)
#
# To enter a carriage return (ENTER) use ^D
# For example:
# command=LOOK^DTAKE BOTTLE^DLOOK
#
# (max of 79 characters in the command field)
#
# To specify a function key (F1-F12) in the KEY field, use the letter combinations "F1" through "F12"
#

The single commands are
*RTB
*DRINK
*BTR

Stacking them
Cant start with a return (^D according to the .mac files), caps matters with most of them, cant mix ; and *.
I cannot find it on any of the old websites, even mirrors of sevilles.. and he had anything and everything, especially barb related. Nor does anyone ingame seem to remember or have it saved. Personally I am lead to believe this once used to work, but was eventually changed. No idea if it was an intentional change or not. But as you can see from the below, I cant even string together two system (*) commands together.

Acaciam does have the (or a set of) correct syntax based on the rules as I know them.

Does not work:
RTB
rtb
*rtb
*RTB;*DRINK
*RTB^D*DRINK
^DRTB
^D*RTB
^RTB
^*RTB
----------

JadeAmber

Post by JadeAmber »

set to ctrl h & ctrl j for quick use

remove boots;put boots in pouch
&
take 2nd boots from pouch;wear boots

for when I want to swap my elephant boots for resp boots (and back)
I used to swap the combat helm for resp helm but now that I wear the phelm, it is fine right were it is ;)

Wolverine2

Post by Wolverine2 »

Chase didn't work last time I tried... may have been me... I'm not super active right now so I have little time to check. I just lurk the forums

nunnbt473

Post by nunnbt473 »

Well I tried it on a dog outside of SF and it worked.

Also *BTR 2 will take the item from the third slot for those wanting to hotswap particular weapons quickly by hitting 3 to draw and alt 3 to sheath an item to the 3rd slot..etc.
----------

Brenem

Post by Brenem »

Create the macro in game. Use | instead of ^D
Then edit .mac file putting the ^D in the spot they are supposed to be in. (You will not see the | when edit macro)

Create - *RTB|*DRINK|*BTR

Edit .mac file to *RTB^D*DRINK^D*BTR

nunnbt473

Post by nunnbt473 »

Brenem youre a dang genius.

Also I just did some testing. You don't need to add the |. Infact, the problem is that the macro file is partially wrong. If you enter "^D" in game, it saves it as "D" in the macro file. Something about the game saves the command wrong, which is why it won't pick it up ingame. It never occured to me that never would have been caught/fixed all this time.

Changing from
*RTB^D*DRINK^D*BTR
to
*RTB 4^D*DRINK^D*BTR 4
Doesnt work. Somehow it loses the ^ again.

*RTB4^D*DRINK^D*BTR 4 will belt (as if there is no 4), drink, but not draw a weapon.

Going to update my original post now.
----------

nunnbt473

Post by nunnbt473 »

Updated the original post with tidbits of info.

{Because sometimes 'repeat last action' is just more useful than 'hug' in the middle of a battle}

Also the below is the standard I like to add to my characters now at the top of the file. Then go through and remove the premade system equivalents. Of course some might want to remove things like transmute, however I find having a keyboard shortcut to open the counter, look/search the ground and climb stairs very useful. ALT+q, alt+w, and alt+e are what I keep my main attacks on for each character and change from file to file generally speaking. (example alt w on my thief is throw right at, on my ment its form enmiss at)

Ive also added repeat (` key), [system]heal (alt+`) and quit (alt+f4). Dont worry about the # lines or where it says Macro #/500 .. it has no functional meaning.

Note, the macros show up in the list according to the order they are listed in the file. Modifying your macro file will, 99/100 times, mean you will have to redo your macro bars and likely have to add the picture manually using this set.

#
#
# Macro  1/500
#
name=Empty
command=
key=
ctrl=N
alt=N
shift=N
ret=N