FM tiers, how to chain ?

General User Chat
Pancho

FM tiers, how to chain ?

Post by Pancho »

I am hoping someone could answer this. I like to be able to click on one icon and then click on an enemy and have a 3 tiers cast at once. I tried to make a macro as shown below but has problems:
#
# Macro 104/500
#
name=combined ice,fire and earth
command=xform 908 ^Dxform 223 ^Dxform 903
key=F0
ctrl=N
alt=N
shift=N
ret=N
target=Y
disabled=N
editable=Y
path=N
icon=0
discid=0
end

I made a icon in the icon ribbon for this and clicked it, and clicked on a Sentry outside Jill. The sentry died, but my FM also died. I am hoping there is a trick of doing this but could not figure out. Any suggestions?

Mars
Admin
Admin

Re: FM tiers, how to chain ?

Post by Mars »

you died

I don't see the problem <VEG>

Ken

Post by Ken »

Unfortunately, you need to specify the target you wish to attack. This certainly limits the usefulness of chaining tiers together but it does have a use on powerful lair bosses or areas where many of the enemies have the same name. Here is an example of how to chain multiple tiers together.

command=xform 908 at ozo^Dxform 223 at ozo^Dxform 903 at ozo

This command will fire these 3 tiers at the first target on your screen who's name starts with ozo. Always use caution when hunting with people who have a similar name to the lair or target. Unless if you are on a Boris hunt with Bones! <VEG>

Pancho

Post by Pancho »

When I chain the tiers, the first fires correctly, the second and third don't. If you tried to fire a offensive tier on yourself by clicking on the icon and then on to yourself it does not fire. So why is it doing it when chained as second or third? Its not right.
I agree with you Ken, that its quite useful in lair boss hunts and I do use it that way. However, it must also be possible to cast chained tiers on any other enemy.

Pancho

Post by Pancho »

If a buff is chained with target names in the macro, it will work, except that if the recipient of the buf isn't in sight. In that case it will cast the buf on the caster. I think this is what is happening when offensive chained tier is cast, the code appends the target to ONLY the first part of the chained tier and the rest is cast on self.

Merlin

Post by Merlin »

in early NL when a teir missed you used to hit yourself.

This was because nork defense buffs always cast on yourself if the target wasn't present, but the offensive tiers dont, I've never Elanced myself.

After much pleading brad eventually changed this behavior, it was a night mare on Laz hunts.

Some NL teirs still manage to self cast though.
Elessar: karbeck is a sweety